CSIR – Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology – IGIB Admission 2019
CSIR – IGIB Admission 2019
CSIR – Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology invites admission application from eligible candidates for Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) program for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
CSIR – IGIB Admission Eligibility 2019
- Masters ( M.Sc / M.Tech / M.Pharm ) with at least 60% ( or equivalent in CGPA ) in any branch of Life Sciences / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology
- B.Tech ( in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology ) / B.Pharm / B.E. / MBBS candidates with at least 60% ( or equivalent in CGPA ) may also apply. In addition to this, all candidates should also have obtained at least 60% ( or equivalent in CGPA ) in their XIIth standard board examination
- Both the criteria are relaxed for SC / ST / OBC ( non – creamy ) candidates to a minimum of 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the XIIth standard board exam
- Candidates who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations are allowed to appear, but their admission is subject to clearing all the eligibility criteria at the time of admission
- M.Sc / M.Tech / M.Pharm / B.Tech / B.Pharm / BE / MBBS candidates should hold CSIR – UGC ( JRF ) / DBT ( JRF ) / ICMR – JRF / DST – INSPIRE or equivalent ( fellowship certificate should be valid at least till 31st December 2018, in all cases )
- Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects. B.Tech / B / Pharm / B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE – JRF fellowship are also eligible
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for interviews at CSIR – IGIB
- Upper age limit is 28 years ( as on the closing date of application, 10th November 2018 ) which is relaxable for SC / ST / OBC ( non – creamy ) / physically handicapped persons as well as women candidates as per Govt. of India rules in this regard
CSIR – IGIB Admission Application Form 2019
CSIR – IGIB Admission application form is available in the official website www.igib.res.in.
- Please register on the AcSIR admission portal ( acsir.res.in ). The portal is open from 21st September, 2018 to 25th October, 2018 at http://184.108.40.206/acsir/online-admission/portal/acsir-online-adm-portal/index.php#/
- Keep the Registration number from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR – IGIB portal. c. In case you face any difficulty with online application form please inform Pratima or Priyanka at email@example.com well in advance of the deadline
- CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR – IGIB website ( www.igib.res.in ) by 10th October, 2018 and will close on the 10th of November, 2018.
Instructions to filling up the form at CSIR – IGIB portal is given below – IGIB PhD Admission application process
- After interacting with the scientist in person / on email / on phone / on skype etc. request a recommendation from the scientist ( each candidate may submit only one letter of recommendation )
- Apply through the CSIR – IGIB application portal. Upload the recommendation letter obtained from the scientist of your choice. This is mandatory. Upload your research proposal ( this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD ). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
- Submit the non – refundable application fee of [rupee] 1000 / – [ [rupee] 500 / – for SC / ST / OBC ( non – creamy ) candidates ]. Instructions for the payment will be available on the website ( CSIR – IGIB portal at www.igib.res.in ).
CSIR – IGIB Selection Procedure 2019
- All candidates fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria will be invited through email for appearing in interviews at CSIR – IGIB, Delhi, to be held on 8th December, 2018 to 9th December, 2018
- The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences. Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application
- The candidates should be ready to make a short 10 – minute presentation ( no slides, white board only ) based on their research interest and research proposal.
- The names of the successful candidates eligible to join CSIR – IGIB PhD program will be declared on or before 14th December, 2018
- The selected candidates are required to join CSIR – IGIB before 15th January, 2019
- Admission into the CSIR – IGIB PhD Program of AcSIR is subject to the verification of all documents defining eligibility
- In case of eligible candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter from appropriate authority for transfer of fellowship is to be submitted to CSIR – IGIB at the time of interview, otherwise the candidature is liable to cancellation.
CSIR – IGIB Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Application Form Available from||25th September, 2018|
|2||Last Date of accepting Application Form||25th October, 2018|
CSIR – Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology,
North campus, Mall Road,
Delhi – 110 007, India,
Phone No. : 91 – 011 – 27666156,
Fax : 91 – 011 – 27667471,
Website : www.igib.res.in