Institute of Microbial Technology Chandigarh PhD Admission 2019
IMTECH PhD Admission 2019
Institute of Microbial Technology ( IMTECH ) invites admission application for PhD programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
IMTECH PhD Admission Course Specializations 2019
- Molecular Biology : Molecular biology of pathogens, gene silencing, stress tolerance, signal transduction, gene expression, genome – wide analysis
- Cell Biology & Immunology : Host – pathogen interactions, protein trafficking, molecular immunology, metabolic disease
- Protein Science & Engineering : Structure – function relationships, Protein-design, folding, engineering, stability, expression, structure determination of proteins and structure – based drug designing etc.
- Applied & Environmental Microbiology : Microbial diversity and their metabolites, environmental biotechnology, extremophiles
- Bioinformatics : Computer – aided drug development, genome annotations, protein structure prediction, molecular simulations, data analytics, system biology
- Medicinal Chemistry : Design and synthesis of small molecules and analogs, natural products synthesis and their designed analogs, natural product discovery, discovery of new synthetic strategies and technologies
- Biochemical Engineering : Fermentation & downstream processing, process development and optimization, scale up
- Animal Biotechnology : In – vivo studies.
IMTECH PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates with Master’s Degree ( M.Sc. / M.Tech / M.Pharm ) with minimum aggregate of 55% marks or equivalent in CGPA in any branch of Life sciences / Biotechnology / Physics / Chemistry / Computer Sciences or allied subject with special interest in Biology OR B.Tech ( in Information Technology / Computer Sciences / Biological Sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology ) / B.Pharm / B.E. / MBBS candidates with at least 55 % ( or equivalent in CGPA ) may apply. B.Tech / B.Pharm / BE students who fulfill the condition for GATE-JRF fellowship are also eligible. The minimum aggregate of marks in case of SC / ST / Differently-abled candidates are 50%.
- Candidates also need to have any of the valid research fellowships such as CSIR / UGC NET or DBT JRF examination ( ‘A’ Category ) or DST INSPIRE Fellowship or ICMR JRF examination or other equivalent fellowship. Candidates are requested to note that valid proofs, of Fellowship examinations, and Masters’ / Bachelor’s degree or those awaiting for their final results, are mandatory for appearing in the interview. Those coming for interview must be prepared to be present in Chandigarh for three days, which is the approximate time required to finalize the admission. No TA / DA or any other expenses will be paid for appearing in the interview. Candidates must also state their present occupation, if any, before the interview; any concealment may result in cancellation of admission at any stage.
Age limit & relaxation
- minimum 19 years & maximum 28 years ( upper age relaxation is applicable to SC / ST / OBC / PH / VH / Female candidates as per Govt. of India rules ). The decision of the Director, IMTECH, regarding selection / admission of the candidates shall be final.
IMTECH PhD Application Form 2019
- Institute of Microbial Technology ( IMTECH ) PhD Admission application form is available in the official website www.imtech.res.in.
- Applicants bring 2 copies of attested photograph and 2 original copies of filled-in form in the prescribed format ( may be downloaded from IMTECH website ). Candidate can send the copy of filled – in form to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. Kindly also bring original and attested copies of
- All certificates ( school leaving, B.Sc., M.Sc., etc. ),
- Proof of passing NET or other Junior Research Fellowship Examination ( a copy of certificate or roll number along with newspaper clipping showing result with roll number should be highlighted ).
- Those who are selected will be assigned labs and will be required to pay [rupee] 3000/- in cash ( Non – refundable ) towards registration which will be immediately done after selection / admission.
IMTECH PhD Selection Procedure 2019
- The short listed candidates will be called for interview at IMTECH, Chandigarh. There will be two rounds of interviews. The first round will be aimed at assessing the candidate’s ability for comprehension, critical analysis, logical reasoning and aptitude for scientific research. Shortlisted candidates in the first round of interview will appear for the second round of interview. In the second interview, the candidates should be ready to make a short 10 minute presentation based on their research interest.
- The research presentation should contain the following information
- Introduction of the problem
- Lack of existing knowledge
- Proposed strategies to solve the problem. The result of the selected candidates will be declared on the AcSIR website. The fees for Ph.D. program is as per AcSIR fee structure. Currently, per semester fee is [rupee] 7,000/- and thesis submission fees is [rupee] 5,000/-
IMTECH PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||The last date for submitting the application||25th October, 2018|
|2||Commencement of classes||January, 2019|
Institute of Microbial Technology ( IMTECH ) ,
Sector 39, 39A,
Chandigarh, 160036, India.,
Telephone No. : 0172 666 5202,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.imtech.res.in.