International Centre for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology – ICGEB PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
International Centre for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology – ICGEB PhD Admission 2018
International Centre for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) programs 2018.
ICGEB PhD Admission Course Specializations 2018
- Molecular Medicine
- Plant Biology
- Integrative Biology
ICGEB PhD Admission Eligibility 2018
- First class ( 60% or equivalent grade ) M.Sc. in any branch of Science ( e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc ) or M.Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University ( JNU ), New Delhi, is required. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the above requirements at the time of joining ( 1st July 2018 ).
- The applicant should have cleared any one of the following examinations: CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (I), DST-INSPIRE, BINC or any other equivalent JRF examination. The fellowship must be valid for at least four years. GATE and DBT(II) are not accepted.
ICGEB PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2018
- Short listed candidates will be called for a written exam on June, 2018 followed by an interview.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee ( SPM ) fellows are exempted from the written exam but should nonetheless apply along with other candidates.
ICGEB PhD Admission Application Form 2018
- ICGEB PhD Admission applications must be filled online on website : www.icgeb.res.in.
- Before starting online application prepare demand draft of [rupee] 600/- in favour of “ICGEB, New Delhi”, payable at New Delhi as you are required to fill the demand draft details online.
- Scan recent colour passport size photo. Size of photo should be less than 2 MB.
- Print the online receipt and the admit card in COLOUR, generated after the successful online submission.
- Send the signed hard copy of the online receipt only along with ( DO NOT SEND ADMIT CARD )
- a crossed Demand Draft of [rupee] 600/- ( non-refundable ), in favour of ICGEB, New Delhi payable at New Delhi.
- documentary evidence for SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ), if applicable
- to The Director, International Centre for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology ( ICGEB ), Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110 067 by 25th May, 2018. The Envelope should be clearly marked with Application for Ph.D. Programme 2018
- One self addressed envelope ( 10cms x 22cms ) affixed with [rupee] 5/- postage stamp and documentary evidence for SC / ST / OBC ( non creamy layer ), if applicable to
The Chief of Administration,
ICTGEB, PO Box 10504,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067, India.
Important Dates for ICGEB PhD Admission 2018
|Last Date of submission of ICGEB PhD Admission application||25th May, 2018|
|Examination and Interview||12th - 14th June, 2018|
PO Box 10504,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067,
Website : www.icgeb.org.