Jawaharlal Nehru University – JNU AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Jawaharlal Nehru University – JNU Admission 2019
Jawaharlal Nehru University invites application from candidates for admission to the UG / PG courses for the acadmic session 2019.
JNU Courses offered 2019
- B.A ( arts )
- M.A. in Politics ( with specialization in International Studies )
- M.A. in Economics ( with Specialization in World Economy )
- M.A. in ( Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, Linguistics, Persian, Russian, Spanish and Urdu )
- M.A. in ( Economic, Geography, History, Political Science, Sociology, Philosophy and Development & Labour Studies )
- M.Sc in Life Sciences
- M.Sc in Environmental Sciences
- MCA ( Masters in Computer Applications )
- M.Sc in Physics
- M.A. in Arts and Aesthetics
- M.A. in Sanskrit
JNU Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates can check the eligibility criteria given below as per the different programmes offered by the University.
- B.A ( arts ) : Candidates should have completed Senior School Certificate (10+2) or equivalent examination with a minimum of 45 percent marks. The candidates who are due to appear in Senior School Certificate (10+2) or equivalent examination are eligible to apply.
- M.A. in Politics ( with specialization in International Studies ) : Candidates should have completed their graduation in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern with minimum 50 percent marks.
- M.A. in Economics ( with Specialization in World Economy ) : Candidates should have a Bachelor Degree in Economics (H) with Mathematics as an additional subject. Candidates with a Bachelor degree in Mathematics (H) with Economics as an additional subject or bachelor degree in Statistics (H) with Mathematics and Economics as subsidiary subjects under 10+2+3 education pattern securing at least 50 percent marks aggregate are also eligible.
- M.A. in ( Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, Linguistics, Persian, Russian, Spanish and Urdu ) :
- For English and Linguistics : candidates must have an Undergraduate degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern with at least 50 percent marks in aggregate.
- For German : candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern securing at least 50 percent marks in aggregate with adequate proficiency in German language.
- For languages other than English, Linguistics and German: candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern securing at least 45 percent marks aggregate with adequate proficiency in the language programme concerned.
- M.A. in ( Economic, Geography, History, Political Science, Sociology, Philosophy and Development & Labour Studies ) :
- For Geography and Sociology : candidates should have completed their Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 academic pattern securing at least 45 percent marks in aggregate of all subjects.
- For Economics : candidates must have a Bachelor Degree in any discipline securing at least 50 percent marks aggregate, with knowledge of Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- For Political Science : candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern securing at least 50 percent marks in aggregate of Social Sciences subjects and at least 55 percent marks aggregate of Science & Technology subjects.
- For History and Development & Labour Studies : candidates need to have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern securing at least 50 percent marks in aggregate of the subjects.
- For Philosophy: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education minimum 50 percent marks in Social Sciences and Humanities. Candidates from the Science & Technology disciplines should have a minimum of 55 percent marks.
- M.Sc in Life Sciences : Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree either B.Sc. / B.Tech or Equivalent in Biological / Physical / Agricultural Sciences or Biotechnology stream from any state or central recognised Institute / University. Candidates must have obtained at least 55 percent marks in aggregate of all subjects
- M.Sc in Environmental Sciences : Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences under 10+2+3 education pattern from school / Institute / University as recognised at the state or national level. Candidates need to have secured at least 55 percent marks in aggregate of subjects of qualifying degree examination.
- MCA ( Masters in Computer Applications ) : Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern from any state or Nationally recognised Institute or University. Candidates must be competent adequately with at least 55 percent marks at graduation level aggregate of all subjects.
- M.Sc in Physics : Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree with Physics as one of the subjects in any discipline under 10+2+3 education pattern securing at least 55 percent marks in aggregate. Candidates who have qualified Bachelor’s Degree either in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics combined or in Physics Honours or with B.Tech in Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Computer are also eligible.
- M.A. in Arts and Aesthetics : Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 academic pattern. Candidates need to have obtained minimum 50 percent marks to be eligible for admissions.
- M.A. in Sanskrit : Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Sanskrit or in any subject under 10+2+3 education pattern from any recognised Institute or University. Candidates should have a minimum of 45 percent marks for admissions to M.A in Sanskrit.
JNU Exam Pattern 2019
- JNU Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted tentatively in the last week of December 2018. Candidates can check here the exam pattern for the different examinations. JNUEE 2019 will be conducted in the online mode. Candidates will have to answer questions ( objective or subjective ) in the given time. The examination pattern will differ as per the subjects the candidate is appearing for. Negative marking will be applicable only for a certain number of subjects (subjects with objective type questions ).
JNU Admission Application Form 2019
- JNU Application form details will be available at the official website : www.jnu.ac.in
- After confirming the eligibility for the course of choice candidates can now move on to apply for the entrance examination. The application form for the different courses will be available online. Candidates can check here the application form details.
- The Application forms for the admissions to the different programme offered by JNU will start tentatively from October 2018. The University starts the admission process roughly six months prior to the admission season. Candidates must make sure to fill and submit the application forms before the deadline mentioned by the university. The JNU 2019 application form will be available only online. Candidates filling JNUEE admission form will have to start by registering themselves online for the Jawaharlal Nehru University Common Entrance Examination.
- They have to provide the details such as name, date of birth, address and contact details besides providing their email id, password and photograph and signature. Candidates have to pay an application fee for JNU 2019 admissions online using Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking payment options. After completely filling JNU 2019 application form, candidates have to take a print out of the filled-in application form for Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination ( JNUEE / JNU CEE ) and keep it with them until JNU admissions for the year is completed. Candidates must also note that there is no need to send a copy of the application form via post.
JNU Admit card 2019
- The admit card of JNUEE 2019 will be provided to those candidates who successfully complete the application process. The Admit card will contain the details such as candidates name, date and timing of examination, a photograph of the candidate along with the exam centre details and a subject of choice. The admit card of JNUEE 2019 will be available online only. Candidates must note to keep a copy of the admit card in hand until the admissions process is completed.
JNU Exam centres 2019
- The exam centres of JNUEE 2019 include
- Gwalior, Goa,
- Varanasi and
- Apart from these JNU exam centres, the central university also provides an overseas exam centre in Kathmandu for the candidates who wish to appear for JNUEE 2019 overseas. However, candidates must note that the JNU 2018 exam centre of Kathmandu is subjected to availability of a sufficient number of candidates for the JNUEE centre.
- Candidates must also remember that Jawaharlal Nehru University reserves the right to cancel or change any exam centre of JNUEE for any reasons. Further, candidates must also note that the JNU exam centre once allotted to a candidate will not be changed under any circumstance or any request by the JNUEE admission aspirant.
JNU Results 2019
- The results of JNUEE 2019 will be declared in the month of February 2019. Candidates will be able to check their result online by logging in to the website or referring to the link given here. The results will be declared for both viva-voice papers and non-viva-voice papers. To check the results candidates need to enter their login credentials which include the application number, programme of choice and the school of choice.
JNU Counselling 2019
- Jawaharlal Nehru University will conduct the counselling process for those candidates who have qualified the entrance examination. The counselling of JNU is the process where in the documents of candidates who have qualified the entrance examination will be verified after which the candidates can take admission for the course allotted to them by paying the fee.
Important Dates for JNU Admission 2019
|1.||Notification releases on||October, 2018|
|2.||Online Application window opens||October, 2018|
|3.||Online Application window closes||October, 2018|
|4.||Issue of admit card||December, 2018|
|5.||JNU Entrance Exam||December, 2018|
|6.||Results ( for viva-voice )||February, 2019|
|7.||Declaration of results ( for non viva-voice papers )||February,, 2019|
|8.||Publication of merit list ( for non viva-voice papers )||March, 2019|
|9.||Conduct of viva-voice based on JNU results||March, 2019|
|10.||Declaration of results ( for viva-voice papers )||April, 2019|
|11.||Publication of merit list ( for viva-voice papers )||April, 2019|
|12.||Registration of candidates for JNU admissions||July, 2019|
|13.||JNU Admissions 2019 begins||July, 2019|
|14.||Last date to deposit fee for JNU admissions||July, 2019|
|15.||Release of second merit list for JNU admissions ( wherever applicable )||July, , 2019|
|16.||Registration of candidates based on second admission list of JNU||July, 2019|
|17.||JNU Admissions 2019 ends||August, 2019|
JNU MSc MVSc Admission 2018
- Jawaharlal Nehru University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Science ( Agri ) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc Programs for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
- Biotechnology is a multi – disciplinary area in the educational scene and programs have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful Biotechnology activity.
- The Govt of India has allotted high priority to development in the area of Biotechnology and its exploitation in agriculture and other related disciplines.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold Combined Entrance Examination for admission to M.Sc ( Agri ) Biotechnology program being offered at the following participating universities
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat; Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal; Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur; G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar; Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur; Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur; Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur ( Maharashtra ); Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar; Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore; University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad; Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
M.V.Sc Program is being offered at the following participating universities
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar; GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar; Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur; Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana; Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur; Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati; Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Srinaga.
- The examination will be held on 30th December, 2017 at Centres all over the country.
JNU Admission Eligibility Criteria 2018
- Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 /4 /5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each university
- For Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat : B.Sc. ( Agri. ), B.Sc ( Hort ), B. Sc. ( Agril. Biotechnology ) from any recognized university. Graduates from general stream may also be admitted in case seat remain vacant, however, they will have to take extra 20 credit hours as bridge course.
- For Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal : Applicants must have passed 4 year Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture from a duly recognized University securing at least 2.75 OGPA in 4.00 scale or 6.50 OGPA in 10.00 scale or at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Palampur : Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
- For G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar : Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science ( B.Sc. in ZBC / PCM and B.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) are also eligible.
- For Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur : Agriculture, Biotechnology ( Agriculture ), Horticulture or Forestry with Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+4 pattern with at least 60% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- For Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur : Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
- For Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur ( Maharashtra ) : Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
- For Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar : Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture.
- For Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore : Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, or B. Tech in Biotechnology/ Horticulture / Bioinformatics under 10+2+4 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalent OGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 7.00/10.00 from a Farm University.
- For University of Agricultural Science, G.K.V.K., Banglore : Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture or B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology/B. Tech. [ Biotechnology ] / B. Sc ( Agbiotech ) / B. Sc ( Agri ) in Biotechnology from recognized Agriculture / Horticulture / Forestry University.
- For University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad : Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B.Sc. ( Agril. Biotechnology ) / B.Tech ( Biotechnology ) / B.Sc. ( Ag. Biotech. ) / B.Sc. ( Agri ) in Biotechnology from recognized Agricultural / Horticultural / Forestry universities.
- For Rajendra Agricultural University, Bihar, Pusa ( Samastipur ) : Biotechnology / Agricultural Horticulture. Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology (3 Years duration) will have to spend 3 years in M.Sc. program.
- For Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar : Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry ( B.V.Sc & A.H. ) recognized by Veterinary Council of India with minimum OGPA 6.5 / 10.00 or equivalent.
- For Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur : Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry ( B.V.Sc. & A.H. ) recognized by Veterianry Council of India with minimum OGPA / Percentage of marks 6.00 / 10.00 or equivalent for general category candidates and 5.50 / 10.00 or equivalent for SC / ST / PH category.
- For Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana : B.V.Sc & A.H. / B.V.Sc. or B.Sc. ( Biotechnology / Agricultural Biotechnology / Medical ) or B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Molecular Genetics or equivalent degree with minimum OCPA of 6.00 ( out of 10.00 ) or at least 60% marks in aggregate. Candidates admitted to Master’s program in Animal Biotechnology with basic qualifications other than B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree shall get M.Sc. degree in Animal Biotechnology.
- For Nagpur Veternary College, Mafsu, Nagpur : Bachelor’s Degree of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry ( B.V.Sc. & A.H. ) recognized by veterinary Council of india, New Delhi with 6.00 & 5.50 CGPA in 10.00 point scale for unreserved & reserved category candidate respectively.
- For Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati : B.V.Sc. & A.H. or equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum CGPA 2.60 in 4.00 scale or 6.00 in 10.00 scale.
- For Sher – E – Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology Of Kashmir, Srinagar : Candidates possessing Bachelors degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences ( B.V.Sc. & A.H. ) recognised by Veterinary Councll of India with minimum OGPA 6.00 / 10.00 or equivalent are eligible.
- Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in 2012 or thereafter including those who are appearing in 2018 are eligible to apply. In other words, those who have passed the qualifying examination PRIOR to 2012 are not eligible to apply for taking admission.
JNU Application Form 2018
- JNU Admission application form can be Downloaded from Jawaharlal Nehru University Website www.jnu.ac.in.
- Enclosed a demand draft for examination fee drawn in favour of Jawaharlal Nehru University payable at New Delhi for the amount General / OBC category candidates [rupee] 600 /-; SC / ST / PH category candidates [rupee] 300/-; Foreign Nationals US$ 25 or [rupee] 1250/-.
- JNU Admission Application forms can be submitted only by registered post / speed post to :
The Section Officer ( Admissions ),
Room No – 28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110 067, India.
JNU Admission Card 2018
- The candidates may download their admit card from the university website www.jnu.ac.in around 10th December, 2017 and take the admit card to the examination centre with a copy of latest passport size photograph.
JNU Admission Selection Procedure 2018
- The selection will depend strictly on the inter-se merit of the candidate in the entrance examination vis-a-vis preferences for joining the universities indicated by the candidate.
- After the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidates than the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination.
- The candidates will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating university.
- The candidates will be asked to exercise their options for joining the universities in the proforma ( which will be sent by JNU )
- The candidates will be asked to send to JNU a bank draft of [rupee] 5,000/- ( [rupee] 2,500/- in the case of SC / ST / PH candidates ) as initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating universities.
- All candidates are advised to check the result on the website www.jnu.ac.in on 1st /2nd week of March, 2018
JNU Admission Exam Centres 2018
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dimapur, Gangtok, Gwalior, Guwahati, Goa, Gorakhpur, Hyderabad, Secundrabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Madurai, Nagpur, Noida, Pant Nagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Kathmandu ( Overseas Centre )
Important Dates for JNU Admission 2018
|1||Start of online JNU Admission application process||15th September, 2017|
|2||Closing of online JNU Admission application process||13th October, 2017|
|3||Date and time of Entrance Examination||30th December, 2017 (2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.)|
|4||Results of Entrance Examination||1st / 2nd week of February, 2018|
|5||Final result of allotted Universities||1st / 2nd week of March, 2018|
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 067,
Telephone No. : 011 – 26742676,
Fax No. : 011 – 26742580,
Website : www.jnu.ac.in.