Jawaharlal Nehru University PhD Admission 2014 – Click here
JNU 2015 MSc MSV Admission
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 067,
Telephone No. : 011 – 26742676,
Fax No. : 011 – 26742580,
Website : www.jnu.ac.in.
Jawaharlal Nehru University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Science ( Agri ) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc Programs for the academic year 2015 – 2016.
Biotechnology is a multi – disciplinary area in the educational scene and programs have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful Biotechnology activity.
The Govt of India has allotted high priority to development in the area of Biotechnology and its exploitation in agriculture and other related disciplines.
Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold Combined Entrance Examination for admission to M.Sc ( Agri ) Biotechnology program being offered at the following participating universities :
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat; Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal; Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur; G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar; Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur; Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur; Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur ( Maharashtra ); Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar; Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore; University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad; Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
M.V.Sc Program is being offered at the following participating universities :
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar; GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar; Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur; Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana; Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur; Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati; Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Srinaga.
- The examination will be held on 19th May, 2015 all over the country
JNU Admission 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each university :
- For Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat : B.Sc. ( Agri. ), B.Sc ( Hort ), B. Sc. ( Agril. Biotechnology ) from any recognized university. Graduates from general stream may also be admitted in case seat remain vacant, however, they will have to take extra 20 credit hours as bridge course.
- For Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal : Applicants must have passed 4 year Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture from a duly recognized University securing at least 2.75 OGPA in 4.00 scale or 6.50 OGPA in 10.00 scale or at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- For Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Palampur : Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
- For G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar : Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science ( B.Sc. in ZBC / PCM and B.Sc. ( Biotechnology ) are also eligible.
- For Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur : Agriculture, Biotechnology ( Agriculture ), Horticulture or Forestry with Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+4 pattern with at least 60% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- For Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur : Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
- For Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur ( Maharashtra ) : Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
- For Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar : Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture.
- For Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore : Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, or B. Tech in Biotechnology/ Horticulture / Bioinformatics under 10+2+4 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalent OGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 7.00/10.00 from a Farm University.
- For University of Agricultural Science, G.K.V.K., Banglore : Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture or B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology/B. Tech. [ Biotechnology ] / B. Sc ( Agbiotech ) / B. Sc ( Agri ) in Biotechnology from recognized Agriculture / Horticulture / Forestry University.
- For University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad : Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B.Sc. ( Agril. Biotechnology ) / B.Tech ( Biotechnology ) / B.Sc. ( Ag. Biotech. ) / B.Sc. ( Agri ) in Biotechnology from recognized Agricultural / Horticultural / Forestry universities.
- For Rajendra Agricultural University, Bihar, Pusa ( Samastipur ) : Biotechnology / Agricultural Horticulture. Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology (3 Years duration) will have to spend 3 years in M.Sc. program.
- For Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar : Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry ( B.V.Sc & A.H. ) recognized by Veterinary Council of India with minimum OGPA 6.5 / 10.00 or equivalent.
- For Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur : Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry ( B.V.Sc. & A.H. ) recognized by Veterianry Council of India with minimum OGPA / Percentage of marks 6.00 / 10.00 or equivalent for general category candidates and 5.50 / 10.00 or equivalent for SC / ST / PH category.
- For Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana : B.V.Sc & A.H. / B.V.Sc. or B.Sc. ( Biotechnology / Agricultural Biotechnology / Medical ) or B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Molecular Genetics or equivalent degree with minimum OCPA of 6.00 ( out of 10.00 ) or at least 60% marks in aggregate. Candidates admitted to Master’s program in Animal Biotechnology with basic qualifications other than B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree shall get M.Sc. degree in Animal Biotechnology.
- For Nagpur Veternary College, Mafsu, Nagpur : Bachelor’s Degree of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry ( B.V.Sc. & A.H. ) recognized by veterinary Council of india, New Delhi with 6.00 & 5.50 CGPA in 10.00 point scale for unreserved & reserved category candidate respectively.
- For Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati : B.V.Sc. & A.H. or equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum CGPA 2.60 in 4.00 scale or 6.00 in 10.00 scale.
- For Sher – E – Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology Of Kashmir, Srinagar : Candidates possessing Bachelors degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences ( B.V.Sc. & A.H. ) recognised by Veterinary Councll of India with minimum OGPA 6.00 / 10.00 or equivalent are eligible.
Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in 2012 or thereafter including those who are appearing in 2015 are eligible to apply. In other words, those who have passed the qualifying examination PRIOR to 2012 are not eligible to apply for taking admission.
JNU Admission Exam Centres 2015
- Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneshwar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dimapur, Gangtok, Gwalior, Guwahati, Goa, Gorakhpur, Hyderabad, Secundrabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Madurai, Nagpur, Noida, Pant Nagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Kathmandu ( Overseas Centre )
JNU 2015 Admission Card
- The candidates may download their admit card from the university website www.jnu.ac.in around 10th May, 2015 and take the admit card to the examination centre with a copy of latest passport size photograph.
JNU Admission 2015 Selection Procedure
- The selection will depend strictly on the inter-se merit of the candidate in the entrance examination vis-a-vis preferences for joining the universities indicated by the candidate.
- After the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidates than the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination.
- The candidates will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating university.
- The candidates will be asked to exercise their options for joining the universities in the proforma ( which will be sent by JNU )
- The candidates will be asked to send to JNU a bank draft of 5,000/- ( 2,500/- in the case of SC / ST / PH candidates ) as initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating universities.
- All candidates are advised to check the result on the website www.jnu.ac.in in the second week of June, 2015.
JNU 2015 Application Form
- JNU Admission application form can be Downloaded from Jawaharlal Nehru University Website www.jnu.ac.in.
- Enclosed a demand draft for examination fee drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru University” payable at New Delhi for the amount General / OBC category candidates 600/-; SC / ST / PH category candidates 300/-; Foreign Nationals US$ 25 or 1250/-.
- JNU Admission Application forms can be submitted only by registered post / speed post to :
The Section Officer ( Admissions ),
Room No – 28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110 067, India.
Important Dates for JNU Admission 2015
- Start of online JNU Admission application process : 6th February, 2015 from 10.00 A.M.
- Issue of offline JNU Admission application forms ( by post ) : 6th February, 2015.
- Last date for issue of offline JNU Admission application forms ( by post ) : 09th March, 2015.
- Closing of online JNU Admission application process : 20th March, 2015 Till 5.00 P.M.
- Last date of submission of completed offline or printed copy of the online JNU Admission application form to reach JNU : 25th March, 2015.
- Date of entrance examination : 19th May, 2015, 02.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m.
- Results of entrance examination : 02nd / 03rd Week of June, 2015.
- Final result of allotted universities : Last Week of June / 01st Week of July, 2015.
Jawaharlal Nehru University – JNU Admission 2013
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 067,
Phone No. : 011 – 26742676,
Fax : 011 – 26742580,
Website : www.jnu.ac.in
Jawaharlal Nehru University invites admission application for various full – time programs 2013 – 2014.
- School of International Studies
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Computer and Systems Sciences
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Arts & Aestehtics
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
- School of Biotechnology
- Centre for Sanskrit Studies
- Centre for Molecular Medicine
- Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
JNU Admission Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
|General / OBC Category ( Orange Colour )||SC / ST Category and All Female Candidate ( Magenta Colour )|
JNU Admission Application Form 2013 :
Online Application :
- Candidates can apply Online on payment of prescribed fee if they have access to a computer, a printer and Internet by logging on to JNU website : www.jnu.ac.in.
Offline Application :
- Set of Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained through Post by sending crossed Bank Draft for 300/- drawn in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru University”, payble at New Delhi.
- Duly filled JNU admission application form post by sent to the following address :
Section Officer ( Admissions ),
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Delhi – 110 067.
Important Dates for JNU Admission 2013 :
- Closing of Online JNU admission application Process : 23rd March, 2013 till 5.00 p.m.
- Last date for issue of offline JNU admission application Forms ( by Post ) : 11th March, 2013.
- Last date of submission of completed offline or printed copy of the online Application Form to reach JNU : 28th March, 2013.