JIPMER DM / MCh Admission 2019
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission 2018
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research invites application for admission to the D.M. / M.Ch. Courses 2018.
- D.M – Cardiology / Clinical Immunology / Clinical Pharmacology / Neonatology / Neurology / Clinical Haematology / Nephrology / Medical Oncology / Endocrinology
- M.Ch – Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Surgery / Neuro – Surgery / Urology / Surgical Gastroenterology / Plastic Surgery / Paediatric Surgery / Surgical Oncology
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission Eligibility 2018
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals & Overseas Citizens of India are also eligible. ( OCI registered under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955, should submit proof of Registrations OCI under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 at the time of admission failing which admission with stand cancelled )
- Candidates should have passed M.D. / DNB Degree from any University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.
- Must be registered with Central / State Medical Registration Council.
|Cardiac Anaesthesia||MD / DNB ( Anesthesiology ) Degree of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Cardiology||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics / Pulmonary Medicine of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Clinical Pharmacology||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pharmacology / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Clinical Immunology Endocrinology Nephrology Neurology||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India|
|Medical Oncology||M.D. / DNB Degree in Medicine / Pediatrics /Radiotherapy of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India|
|Neonatology||M.D. / DNB Degree in Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Medical Gastroenterology||M.D. / DNB Degree in General Medicine / Pediatrics of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Urology Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery Neuro-Surgery Surgical Gastroenterology Plastic Surgery Pediatric Surgery||M.S. / DNB Degree in General Surgery of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
|Surgical Oncology||M.S. / DNB Degree in General Surgery / Obstetrics & Gynecology / Otolaryngology ( E.N.T ) / Orthopedic Surgery of this Institute or any other Institute / University recognized as equivalent there to by the Medical Council of India.|
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission 2018 Exam pattern
- The examination shall be conducted in English medium only.
- The Entrance Examination is consists of 100 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the concerned specialty and related fields
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test ( online examination ).
|S No||Name of the course||Subject|
|1||Cardiac Anaesthesia||General Medicine / Research Methodology / Anaesthesiology|
|2||Cardiology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Pulmonary Medicine / Research Methodology/Cardiology|
|3||Clinical Immunology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Research Methodology / Clinical Immunology|
|4||Clinical Pharmacology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Research Methodology / Clinical Pharmacology|
|5||Neonatology||Pediatrics / Research Methodology / Neonatology|
|6||Neurology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Research Methodology / Neurology|
|7||Nephrology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Research Methodology / Nephrology|
|8||Medical Oncology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Radiotherapy / Research Methodology / Medical Oncology|
|9||Endocrinology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Research Methodology / Clinical Immunology|
|10||Medical Gastroenterology||General Medicine / Pediatrics / Medical Gastroenterology|
|11||Urology||General Surgery / Research Methodology / Urology|
|12||CTVS||General Surgery / Research Methodology / CTVS|
|13||Neuro - Surgery||General Surgery / Research Methodology / Neurosurgery|
|14||Surgical Gastroenterology||General Surgery / Research Methodology / Surgical Gastroenterology|
|15||Plastic Surgery||General Surgery / Research Methodology / Plastic Surgery|
|16||Pediatric Surgery||General Surgery / Research Methodology / Pediatric Surgery|
|17||Surgical Oncology||General Surgery / Obstetrics & Gynecology / Otolaryngology ( E.N.T ) / Orthopedic Surgery / Surgical Oncology|
Duration of the course
Three years from the joining ( 36 Months )
Distribution of seats
|Subject code||Name of the specialty||General seats|
|Subject Code||Name of the Specialty||General Seats|
|8942||Cardio Thoracic & Vascular Surgery ( CTVS )||2|
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission Application Form 2018
How to apply
- Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. and navigate to the link
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on – line mode only. ( Any other mode of application will not be accepted. )
- “Apply on-line D.M. / M.Ch. / Fellowship admission – July 2018”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- The flow chart for filling application on-line given in the Prospectus.
- The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
- A candidate can apply any one of the following course, among which he / she can choose only one discipline subject to fulfilling the essential eligibility criteria
|S No||Name of the course|
- Candidate will be allowed to undergo training in only one Course. i.e DM ( or ) M.Ch
- Candidates need not send hard copy of the application to the Institute.
Application fee can be paid through Net banking, Credit card, Debit card. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
|General ( UR ) / OCI||[rupee]1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC||[rupee]1600 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC / ST||[rupee]1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission 2018 Hall ticket
- Hall Tickets for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from 30th April, 2018 ( Monday ) 11 AM onwards. ( Tentative )
- The Hall Ticket will contain the following details
- Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- No change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Request for rectification / change of any other details in the hall ticket shall not be considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their Hall Ticket, which is mandatory for admission.
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission 2018 Exam centres
- Applicant can opt only for three exam cities.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a first – come – first served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. Depending upon local conditions, JIPMER reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- No request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances by the candidate
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment
- In case, a city is cancelled due to non-availability of minimum number of candidates in that city, JIPMER shall do necessary re – allocation of candidates who have chosen that city
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website / text message.
|S No||Exam centre||S No||Exam centre|
JIPMER DM / MCh Admission Selection Procedure 2018
The Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the entrance exam which is scheduled on Sunday, 13th May 2018.
Awarding of marks
- The response of the candidate for a question ( s ) , on click of “submit button” before closing of Examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
- Questions that are answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review and answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review and unanswered will be considered as not answered
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded four marks.
- One Mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered.
- The score such obtained will be the Raw Score
- This Raw Score will be used to determine Percentile score [ for the purpose of Eligibility using Cut – Offs and determining Merit / Ranking ].
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order
Negative Marks:- The candidate who have less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
Age: If still the tie exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher
Important Dates for JIPMER DM / MCh Admission 2018
|1||On - line Registration from||28th February, 2018|
|2||On - line Registration closes on||02nd April, 2018|
|3||Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in/ www.jipmer.edu.in||30th April, 2018 to 13th May, 2018|
|4||Date & Time of Entrance Examination ( Online Mode Only )||13th May, 2018 10.00 A.M to 11.30 A.M|
|5||Expected date of publication of Merit List||On or Before 25th May, 2018|
|6||Certificate Verification & Payment of Admission Fees||18th June, 2018|
|7||Medical Examination, Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||29th June, 2018|
|8||Commencement of Course||02nd July, 2018|
|9||Close of Admissions for DM / M.Ch July, 2018 Session||31st August, 2018|
Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu,
Puducherry – 605 006,
Phone No. : 044 – 2480 – 1033,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.jipmer.edu.in.