JIPMER PhD / Fellowship AdmissionAdmission Notification »
JIPMER PhD Admission 2019
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research ( JIPMER ) has released notification for the eligible candidates for admission to the PhD Courses through an Entrance Examination for 2019 Session
JIPMER Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Candidates who have qualified NET examination ( with fellowship only ) conducted by UGC / ICMR / CSIR / DBT / DST – Junior Research Fellowship ( JRF ) within two years only are also eligible to apply. The certificate of JRF eligibility to be uploaded. JRF qualified candidates also have to submit application through online process. However they need to appear for the entrance exam and have to secure minimum marks i.e 50 percentile in the entrance exam otherwise they will not be considered for admission.
- NET qualified ( Lectureship only ) under DBT / DST / ICMR / UGC will not be considered.
JIPMER Admission Exam Pattern 2019
|1||Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test ( CBT ) [ Online ]|
|2||Duration of Examination||1½ hours ( One Hour and Thirty Minutes )|
|3||Date of Examination||Saturday, 30th June, 2018|
|4||Number of Shifts||Single Shift|
|5||Timing of Examination||Ph.D. Course : 02.00 P.M to 03.30 PM|
|6||Location of Examination Centres||Tentatively 7 cities in India|
|7||Language of Paper||English|
|8||Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|9||Number & Type of Questions||One Paper of 100 ( One Hundred ) Multiple
Choice Questions ( MCQs )Questions
|10||Marking Scheme||Correct Answer : Four Marks ( + ) 4
Incorrect Answer : ( - ) 1 ( One ) Mark
Unanswered : 0
|11||Eligibility scoring ( Percentile )||UR / Institute & Sponsored / Deputed 50
SC / ST / OBC - OPH 40
|12||Method of determining merit||Overall merit by Percentiles of Total scores|
|13||Method of resolving ties||In the following order
Less Negative Marks & Seniority by age
JIPMER Admission Application Form 2019
Submission Of Application : Through On-Line Mode Only.
- JIPMER admission application form will be available at website www.jipmer.edu.in.
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. ( Any other mode of application will not be accepted. )
- Log on to link in the Home page www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in / www.jipmer.edu.in and navigate to the link “ Apply on-line Ph.D Courses admission – 2019 ”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- Separate Merit list will be drawn for each course as well as discipline wise.
- Dual course study is not allowed to any candidate i.e Candidate will not be allowed to do training two courses simultaneously
- Candidates need not send hard copy of the application to this office
|Fees for Applying for Ph.D. COURSE :-|
|1||General ( UR )||₹ 1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|2||OBC||₹ 1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|3||SC / ST||₹ 1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|4||OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
JIPMER Admission Admit Card 2019
- Admit Card for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from June, 2019 ( Monday ) 10.00 AM.( Tentative )
- No change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Request for rectification / change of any other details in the Admit Card shall NOT be considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Card which is mandatory for admission / counselling.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she produce the Admit Card from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
The Admit Card will contain
- Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application ( 2 ) Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- Candidates should carry ONLY admit card along with Valid Identity proof and photocopy of the same ID proof inside the hall. Candidate will NOT be allowed to take the examination without valid admit card & Valid ID Proof. ( Valid ID Proof : Aadhar / E-Aadhar with validated digital signature / Passport ) ID Proof other than
JIPMER Admission Selection Procedure 2019
The Selection for Ph.D. registration will be through MCQ Based Written Examination only ( 100 Marks ) consisting of Written Examination
Part A : ( 40 MCQs )
Aptitude related MCQs covering English ( Written and verbal skills ), Biostatistics, and Research Methodology.
Part B: ( 60 MCQs )
- Medical Qualification – Subject related theory based Multiple Choice Questions ( 60 MCQs ) of MBBS / MD / MS Entrance level. ( OR )
- Biological Science Qualification – Subject related theory based Multiple Choice Questions ( 60 MCQ ) of M.Tech / M.V.Sc / M.Sc. / M. Phil. Degree / PG degree in the subjects mentioned in the eligibility criteria ( OR )
- Non- Biological Science Qualification – Subject related theory based comprising Multiple Choice Questions ( 60 MCQ ) of M.Sc / M.A / M. Phil. Degree / PG degree in the subjects mentioned in the eligibility criteria.
The Candidates will be shortlisted based on the performance in the entrance exam and the merit list will be generated as follows :-
- Candidates with Medical Qualification Merit list
- Candidates with Biological Sciences Merit list
- Candidates with Non – Biological Sciences Merit list
JIPMER Admission Exam Centres 2019
|S No||Name of the City|
JIPMER Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||On-line Registration from||18th April, 2019|
|2||On-line Registration closes on||24th May, 2019|
|3||Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER website||Will be announced|
|4||Date of Entrance Examination ( One Shift Online Mode Only )||23rd June, 2019|
|5||Publication of Merit List||Will be announced|
|6||First Counselling||17th to 19th July, 2019|
|7||Second Counselling||22nd and 23rd August, 2019|
|8||Third Counselling||11th and 12th September, 2019|
|9||Final Counselling||27th September, 2019|
|10||Admission formalities ( Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees )||Will be announced|
|11||Commencement of classes||1st August, 2019|
|12||Date of closing of admission||30th September, 2019|
Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu,
Puducherry – 605 006,
Phone No. : 044 – 2480 – 1033,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.jipmer.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.