JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2014
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry invites admission application for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery ( MBBS ) course for 2014.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Eligibility 2014 :
- The Applicant should be an Indian National.
- He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2014, the year of his / her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01st January, 1998.
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below :
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10 + 2 + 3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI and Foreign Nationals who are nominated by Govt. of India for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March, 2014 / April, 2014 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2014 Selection Procedure :
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done before counseling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will not be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- All General candidates securing less than 50% marks, general OPH candidates less than 45% marks, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes securing less than 40% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry , Botany and Zoology taken together in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- A merit list of all categories of candidates will be drawn on the basis of minimum percentile mentioned above. A separate list for candidates applying under Self Financing Scheme for 5 seats will be drawn from the NRI / OCI applicants.
- Candidates selected against the Physically Handicapped quota will be placed in the appropriate category in which he / she belongs ( i.e. Unreserved / Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Puducherry Unreserved / Puducherry Other Backward Classes / Puducherry Scheduled Caste ) on horizontal reservation basis. OPH Candidates should be prepared to stay at their own cost for an extra day to complete the medical examination by the Board constituted by the Institute in order to certify their eligibility against this category.
- All the candidates will be considered for selection against Unreserved ( UR ) Category seats. Once the Unreserved Category seats have been filled according to merit on the basis of performance in the Entrance Examination, the remaining seats under the reserved categories viz. Other Backward Classes ( OBC ), Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribe ( ST ), Puducherry Unreserved ( P-UR ), Puducherry Other Backward Classes ( P-OBC ) and Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC) will be filled up by the candidates as per their eligibility according to the merit on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination. Provided further that any of the Puducherry Scheduled Caste ( P-SC ) / Puducherry Other Backward Classes ( P-OBC ), candidate comes within the Inter-se MERIT of Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Other Backward Classes ( OBC ), he / she will be offered admission against the Scheduled Caste seats / OBC seats respectively.
- The candidate admitted under Self Financing Scheme (SFS) after paying the requisite fee will not be considered under any other vacancy arising on or before close of admission i.e. 30th September, 2014.
In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows :
- (1) Eliminating first English marks (2) If there is still a tie by eliminating Physics marks (3) If there is still a tie by eliminating Chemistry marks (4) If there is still a tie by eliminating Biology marks (5) If the tie is still not broken, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to a candidate who is junior in age.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Application Form 2014 :
- Online Registration Process JIPMER MBBS admission at Institute website : www.jipmer.edu.in
Application and Examination Fee :
- For General ( UR ) / OBC / NRI / OCI : 1000/-
- For SC / ST / OPH : 800/-
- Mode of payment : Only through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card.
Important Dates JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2014:
- Last date for online registration of applications is : 02nd May, 2014.
- Entrance Exam will be held on : 08th June, 2014 at 10.00 AM to.12.30 PM.
- Expected date of declaration of result : 16th June, 2014.
- Allotment of seat by Personal appearance : 10th July, 2014 & 11th July, 2014.
- Commencement of Course : 17th July, 2014.