JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Important : JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission will be based on JIPMER Entrance Exam
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission 2019
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry invites admission application for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery ( MBBS ) course for 2019.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Eligibility 2019
The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India. He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2019, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01st January, 2002. ( Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants ). No upper age limit.
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology ( which shall include practical tests in these subjects ) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI / NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio – technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Exam pattern 2019
- The examination shall be conducted in english medium only.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below
|Subject||No of questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
- The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test ( online examination ). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination – 2019 link.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS admission application form will be available at website : www.jipmer.edu.in.
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on – line mode only. ( Any other mode of application will not be accepted. )
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully. The flow chart for filling application on-line given in the Prospectus.
- The candidate should acquaint himself / herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
|General ( UR ) & P - UR||₹1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC & P - OBC||₹1500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC / ST & P - SC / ST||₹1200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|NRI / OCI||₹3000 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OPH & P - OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
Application fee can be paid through Net banking, Credit card, Debit card. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- The following documents are to be submitted at the time of admission :
- Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the centre invigilator and Rank Letter of JIPMER 2019.
- Proof of Date of Birth ( Birth Certificate or 10th Standard Certificate ).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last attended.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- OBC / BC / SC / ST, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority by a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- 6 Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- NRI / OCI Certificates.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Admit Card 2019
- Admit Card for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download to candidates whose applications are complete in all respects, from May, 2019.
- The Admit Card will contain the following details
- Name and date of birth as typed by the candidate in the application
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- No change in the category / age / name / DOB ( Date of Birth ) will be entertained after submission of application. The candidates in such case have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Request for rectification / change of any other details in the hall ticket shall not be considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he / she produce the hall ticket from the JIPMER website at the exam centres along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Selection Procedure 2019
Method of selection
The Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the entrance exam which is scheduled on June, 2019.
Awarding of Marks
- The response of the candidate for a questions, on click of “submit button” before closing of Examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
- Questions that are answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review and answered will be considered as answered
- Marked for review and unanswered will be considered as not answered
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded four marks.
- one ( 1 ) Mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Zero mark will be given for the question not answered.
- The score such obtained will be the Raw Score
- This Raw Score will be used to determine Percentile score [ for the purpose of Eligibility using Cut – Offs and determining Merit / Ranking ].
Method of resolving ties
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter-se merit shall be determined in the following order
Negative Marks: The candidate who has less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
Biology: If Negative Marks do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in higher ranking.
Chemistry: If Negative Marks & Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking
Physics: If Negative Marks, Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking
English Language and Comprehension: If Negative Marks, Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If Negative marks, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking
Age: If still the tie exist, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Exam Centres 2019
- The examination centres are tentatively proposed in 120 cities all over India.
- Applicant can opt only for three exam cities.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a first – come – first served basis.
- Normally the first preference would be allotted. JIPMER, depending upon local conditions, reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- No request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment.
- If seats for Entrance Exam are unavailable in the chosen 3 exam cities, nearby ( exam ) cities will be considered for venues.
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website / text message.
Sl. N0 Name of the State Sl. No Name of the City Sl. No Name of the State Sl. No Name of the City
1 Andhra Pradesh 1 Guntur 10 Jharkhand 37 Dhanbad
2 Kakinada 38 Jamshedpur
3 Kurnool 39 Ranchi
4 Nellore 11 Karnataka 40 Belgaum
5 Rajahmundry 41 Bengaluru
6 Tirupathi 42 Hubli
7 Vijayawada 43 Mangalore
8 Visakhapatnam 44 Mysore
9 Vizianagaram 45 Shimoga
2 Assam 10 Dibrugarh 12 Kerala 46 Cochin
11 Guwahati 47 Kannur
12 Jorhat 48 Kollam
13 Silchar 49 Kottayam
14 Tezpur 50 Kozhikode
3 Bihar 15 Muzaffarpur 51 Trivandrum
16 Patna 52 Thrissur
4 Chandigarh 17 Chandigarh 13 Madhya Pradesh 53 Bhopal
5 Chhattisgarh 18 Bhilai Nagar 54 Gwalior
19 Bilaspur 55 Indore
20 Raipur 56 Jabalpur
6 Delhi 21 New Delhi 57 Sagar
7 Gujarat 22 Ahmedabad 58 Satna
23 Anand 59 Ujjain
24 Gandhinagar 14 Maharashtra 60 Amravati
25 Mehsana 61 Kolhapur
26 Rajkot 62 Mumbai
27 Surat 63 Nagpur
28 Vadodara 64 Nashik
8 Haryana 29 Ambala 65 Navi Mumbai
30 Faridabad 66 Pune
31 Gurugram 15 Manipur 67 Imphal
32 Hisar 16 Meghalaya 68 Shillong
33 Kurukshetra 17 Mizoram 69 Aizawl
34 Sonipat 18 Odisha 70 Bhubaneswar
35 Yamunanagar 71 Cuttack
9 Jammu and Kashmir 36 Jammu 72 Rourkela
19 74 Puducherry 73 Sambalpur
20 Punjab 75 Amritsar 24 Tripura 98 Agartala
76 Bhatinda 25 Uttra Pradesh 99 Ghaziabad
77 Jalandhar 100 Greater Noida
78 Ludhiana 101 Meerut
79 Mohali 102 Noida
80 Patiala 103 Agra
81 Sangrur 104 Allahabad
21 Rajasthan 82 Jaipur 105 Bareilly
83 Jodhpur 106 Kanpur
84 Udaipur 107 Lucknow
22 Tamil Nadu 85 Chennai 108 Mathura
86 Coimbatore 109 Moradabad
87 Madurai 110 Varanasi
88 Nagercoil 26 Uttarakhand 111 Dehradun
89 Namakkal 112 Roorkee
90 Salem 27 West Bengal 113 Asansol
91 Thoothukudi 114 Bishnupur
92 Tiruchirappalli 115 Durgapur
93 Tirunelveli 116 Hooghly
94 Tiruvannamalai 117 Howrah
23 Telangana 95 Hyderabad 118 Kalyani
96 Karimnagar 119 Kolkata
97 Warangal 120 Siliguri
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Syllabus 2019
- English Language and Comprehension
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Results 2019
- The authority will release the list of the candidates those will be selected for the counselling rounds. JIPMER results along with rank list will be declared in the third week of June, 2019. Candidates can view their results and the rank list through the online mode.
- The merit ranking will be based on percentile score after normalization procedure. Merit list will be drawn category-wise based on minimum percentile prescribed by the authority.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Counselling 2019
- Candidates have to first register for the counselling procedure. The counselling will be commenced after the declaration of result through offline mode. First counselling will be started from 26th June, 2019.
- In the JIPMER counselling 2019, the biometric, image and certificate will be verified for the allotment of seats. Candidates have to opt one of the campus for admission.
JIPMER Pondicherry MBBS Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Starting of online application form||6th March, 2019|
|2||Last date of submitting application form||12th April, 2019|
|3||Releasing of admit card||3rd week of May, 2019|
|4||JIPMER MBBS exam date||2nd June, 2019|
|5||Releasing of result and rank letter||3rd week of June, 2019|
|6||First counselling||26th to 28th June, 2019
|7||Second counselling||24th July, 2019|
|8||Third counselling||21st August, 2019|
|9||Final counselling||26th September, 2019|
|10||Closing of admission||30th September, 2019|
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research,
Dhanvantri Nagar, Gorimedu,
Puducherry – 605 006,
Telephone No. : 0413 – 2272380,
Website : www.jipmer.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.