Kannur University BEd AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Kannur University BEd Admission 2019
Kannur University invites application for admission to BEd ( Bachelor of Education ) program for the academic session 2019.
Kannur University B Ed Admission Course Specializations 2019
|Code No||Optional Subject|
Kannur University BEd Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. course should have passed B.A./ B.Sc / M.Com Degree examination ( under the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern ) with one Main / Core subject and two Subsidiaries / Complementary courses from this University or any other University recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying Examination from Universities outside Kerala should submit Eligibility / Equivalence Certificate stating that their qualifying Examination is recognized by this University, for seeking admission to B.Ed Degree Course in a particular optional subject in a stream as applicable, along with their application.
- Double or triple main candidates of other Universities will be considered for admission only if they furnish the copies of the Equivalence / Eligibility certificate from Kannur University stating that the qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to B.Ed Degree course in a particular optional subject. Equal weightage is given to Single main, Double main and Triple main Degree holders.
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B. Ed. Course is 50 % or equivalent CGPA ( No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted ) in Bachelor’s Degree ( Science / Arts Subjects ) for Part III / Core and Complementary courses together or 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in M.A / M.Sc / M. Com. with usual relaxation for the eligible categories as per University / Government / NCTE norms.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST and natives of Lakshadweep, Aided or Government Teachers with 3 years regular service need to secure a pass in the Degree Examination. The candidates belonging to SEBC will be given a relaxation of 5% and the candidates belonging to OEC will be given a relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks. Blind candidates who have more than 40% disability will be given relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks. Candidates should be Physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf / Dumb candidates are not eligible. However blind candidates will be eligible for admission to courses other than Science optional.
|For Language Optionals|
|1||English||BA Degree with English Language and Literature / Functional English / Communicative English with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA English Language and Literature / Functional English / Communicative English or B.A / B.Sc. with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA for Part I English/Common Course -1 and not less than 50% marks for Masters Degree in English Language and Literature.|
|2||Malayalam||BA Degree with Malayalam Language and Literature with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III/ / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Malayalam Language and Literature or BA / B.Sc with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA for Part II/Common Course-2 ( Malayalam ) and not less than 50% marks for masters degree in Malayalam Language and Literature.|
|3||Hindi||B.A. Degree with Hindi language and Literature/ Functional Hindi with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA/GPA in Part III/Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in MA Hindi language and Literature or B.A/B.Sc with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA for Part II / Common Course – 2 ( Hindi ) and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in Hindi Language and Literature.|
|4||Arabic||B.A.Degree with Arabic language and Literature / Afzal - Ul - Ulama Degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in M.A. Arabic language and Literature or B.A/B.Sc with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA for Part II / Common Course – 2 ( Arabic ) and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in Arabic Language and Literature.|
|5||Kannada||BA Degree with Kannada Language and Literature with 50% marks or
equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part I + II+ III together ( Common, Core, Complementary and Open Courses ) or Part III ( Core and Complementary courses ) alone or 50% marks in MA Kannada Language and Literature or BA / B.Sc with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA for Part II / Common Course – 2 ( Kannada ) and not less than 50% of marks for Master’s Degree in Kannada Language and Literature.
|6||Sanskrit||BA. Degree with Sanskrit Language and Literature with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part I + II+ III together ( Common, Core, Complementary and Open Courses ) or Part III ( Core and Complementary courses ) alone or 50% marks in M.A. Sanskrit Language and Literature or B.A / B.Sc with 50% of marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA for Part II/Common Course – 2 ( Sanskrit ) and not less than 50% marks for Master’s Degree in Sanskrit Language and Literature.|
|For other Optional Subjects|
|1||Mathematics||B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Statistics as main, with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in M.Sc. Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Statistics. Candidates with Statistics / Applied Statistics should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
|2||Physical Science||B.Sc Degree with Physics / Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Geology / Petrochemicals / Bio Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry main with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in M.Sc Physics / Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Geology / Petrochemicals / Bio chemistry / Industrial Chemistry.|
|3||Natural Sciences||B.Sc Degree with Botany / Zoology / Biochemistry / B.Sc Plant Scienc / Home Science with Zoology or Botany as subsidiary / Aquaculture ( with Biochemistry and Zoology as Subsidiaries ) / Forestry and Wood Technology Biotechnology / Microbiology with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in M.Sc Botany / Zoology / Biochemistry / Plant Science / Home Science. They should have studied Zoology/Botany/Bio Chemistry as one of the subjects in Degree level.|
|4||Social Science||B.A Degree with History / Arabic and Islamic History / Urudu and Islamic History Geography / Politics / Economics / Sociology / Psychology / Philosophy / West Asian Studies with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA / GPA in Part III / Core and Complementary courses or 50% marks in M.A History / Arabic and Islamic History / Geography / Politics / Economics / Sociology / Psychology / Philosophy/ West Asian Studies.|
|5||Commerce||Candidates who have secured M.Com Degree with not less than 50% marks are eligible for admission to the B.Ed Course in Commerce. Such candidates are not eligible for admission to any other B.Ed Course.|
Kannur University BEd Admission Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Kannur University BEd admission application form can be downloaded from university website www.kannuruniversity.ac.in.
- Self attested copies of Certificates / Documents to be submitted along with the application is following
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Qualifying Degree / PG certificate and of higher qualifications, if any.
- Mark Lists of qualifying Degree Examination / Grade Card ( All Semester / year with cumulative Grade card )
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate.
- Nativity, Income and Community Certificate for those who claim weightage or reservation benefit.
- Experience Certificate in Form IV of KER for claiming admission under Teacher’s quota and for giving weightage for teaching experience. These certificates should be signed by the Head of School and countersigned by AEO / DEO.
- Equivalence / Eligibility certificates from the university in the case of double or triple main candidates and degree holders of universities outside Kerala.
- Any other certificates from the competent authorities for the claim of admission under any specific quota that is Sports / NCC / Differently Abled Persons / Linguistic Minority / Defence personnel etc. if applicable.
- The original Chalan / Demand Draft / Pay-in-slip for ₹525/- ( ₹160/- for SC / ST )
- Certificates proving BPL among Forward Community If any of these certificates is not produced, the Course Director has the right to summarily reject the claim for admission.
- Application fee For General Candidates is ₹ 525/-.
- Application fee For SC / ST candidates is ₹ 160/-.
- Application Fee for B.Ed. Course 2019 admission in Teacher Education Centres.
- The Chalan / Online payment receipt in original towards the registration fee should be attached to the filled in application form.
- The candidates applying at more than one campus should submit separate application forms but can attach a Photostat copy of the chalan / pay-in-slip with the application submitted.
Kannur University BEd Admission Selection Process 2019
- Selection is based on the marks / grade obtained by the applicant in the Degree Examination for Part III / core and complementary courses or Part I / Part II common courses as the case may be. A reduction of one point will be made in the index mark for every repeated chance.
- Special weightage will be given to post graduate, in the same subject concerned as shown below
|M.A. / M.Sc||Ist Class||5 Points / marks|
|- do-||IInd Class||3 Points / marks|
|- do-||IIIrd Class||2 Points / marks|
- A weightage of 5 points / marks will be given to candidates who have taken Degree from Kannur University. A weightage of five index points will be given to the natives of Kannur University jurisdiction ( ie. Kannur, Kasaragod Revenue Districts and Mananthavady Taluk of Wayanad Revenue District ) for admission to B.Ed. course in all institutions maintained by or affiliated to the University on production of Nativity Certificate of 5 years issued by the Competent Revenue Authority.
- Weightage will be given to Teachers in Government / Aided School service. Total approved service of applicants will be considered in ranking. ( 0.1 index point will be given for each completed month of experience ). Approved Service means full time teaching experience in Government / Aided Schools duly certified in form IV of KER by the controlling officer, that is Head of the School and countersigned by the concerned A.E.O / D.E.O.
- 10% of seats are reserved for Teachers in service of Kerala. Teachers having a minimum
of 3 years experience with relaxation of 2 years to T.T.C holders, 1 year to L.T.T.C / Diploma in Teaching and one year to Diploma in Pre-Primary Education as per rules as on the date of notification alone are eligible to apply for selection under Teacher’s quota. Those who are eligible to get study leave for the duration of the entire course from the authority concerned alone need apply and in case they are selected for the course, they should produce a certificate from the Head of Schools concerned, that they have applied for eligible leave for the duration of the course before being admitted.
- Those who have undergone NCC Training with minimum 75% attendance as stipulated in GO 673/04/HEDN, dated 15th April, 1994 will be given an additional 5 marks. This will be added to the marks obtained by the candidate for Part III / Core and Complementary courses. Eligible weightage will be given to NCC A,B,C certificate holders.
- In the case of applicants with double main and triple main subjects, admission will be based on the total of all main subjects, and weightage will be given only on the subject which the applicant applies as optional.
- Ezhava / Thiyya / Billava / Muslim / O.B.H / SIUC / LC applicants are eligible for consideration for reservation of seats as per the Government rules in this regard.
Kannur University BEd Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for receipt of filled-in application forms||20th June, 2019|
|2||Date of publication of first list of candidates selected||24th June, 2019|
|3||Date of commencement of interview||30th June, 2019|
|4||Commencement of classes||1st July, 2019|
|5||Closing of admissions||25th July, 2019|
Departments of Teacher Education,
( Kannur, Kasaragod & Mananthavady Campuses )
Under School of Pedagogical Sciences,
Website : www.kannuruniversity.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.