Karnatak University MPhil Admission 2013
Prasaranga, Dharwad – 580 003,
Website : www.kud.ac.in
Karnatak University invites admission application for Master of Philosophy ( MPhil ) program 2012 – 2013.
MPhil Course Offered :
- Faculty of Arts : English, Kannada, Folklore, Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit, Foreign Languages ( French, German and Russian )
- Faculty of Social Sciences : Economics, History and Archeology, A.I. History and Epigraphy, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Criminology and Forensic Science, Library and Information Science
- Faculty of Science and Technology : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Geography, Marine – Biology, Micro – Biology, Bio – Tech, Statistics, Computer Science
- Faculty of Education : Education
- Faculty of Law : Law
- Faculty of Commerce : Commerce
- Faculty of Management : Management
Karnatak University MPhil Admission Eligibility 2012 :
- Candidate who has obtained a master’s degree from this or any other university recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks ( 50% for SC / ST / Cat – I ) or equivalent grade in the aggregate at the master’s degree program shall be eligible to apply for the MPhil degree program in the concerned / cognate subject.
- Teachers employed on full time basis before 31st March, 1992 and who are continuing in service in any of the affiliated colleges, constituent colleges and PG Dept of any recognized university shall be eligible to apply for MPhil program, subject to a minimum aggregate score of 50% ( 45% for SC / ST / Cat – I ) at the concerned master’s degree.
- Admission to the M.Phil program shall be open to full – time ( regular ) candidates and also to the persons who are deputed for undergoing the MPhil program by the college or institutions recognized by the university.
- No candidate / college teacher shall be admitted to the M.Phil program as an external or a part-time candidate.
- Candidate of other university may be permitted for MPhil program on enhanced fee structure as prescribed by the university, from time to time.
Karnatak University MPhil Selection Procedure 2012 :
Entrance Test :
- A candidate who is eligible for admission to the MPhil program shall be selected on the basis of an entrance test administered by the university.
- There shall be two papers, at the entrance test, Paper-I and Paper-II, each paper carrying 50 marks.
- However, candidates who have passed the NET / SLET / GATE are exempted from the entrance test.
- Candidates who have appeared for the entrance test shall secure a minimum of 50% in each paper and 55% marks in aggregate in the two papers ( 45% in each paper and 50% of marks in aggregate in two papers in case of SC / ST / Cat-I candidates ) to be considered eligible for registration.
- The entrance test shall be followed by an interview to be arranged by the Dept.
- The candidates are expected to discuss their research interest.
- Entrance test fees for general students 500/-, for SC / ST / CAT – I 250/-.
Karnatak University MPhil Admission Application Form 2012 :
In person :
- Application forms can be obtained from the Syndicate Bank, Karnatak University campus, Dharwad – 580 003 on payment of 350/- by cash.
By Post :
- By sending of 350/- + 35/- ( postage ) drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Karnatak University, Dharwad”, along with self – addressed envelope of size 10” X 3” superscribed as “Application for Admission to MPhil Program” should be submitted to the following address :
Dharwad – 580 003.
- Candidates also can download the admission form from the Karnatak University website : www.kud.ac.in and submit the duly filled-in form to the concerned Chairperson of the Department along with D.D. of 350/- drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, Karnatak University, Dharwad”, payable at Dharwad.
Important Dates for Karnatak University MPhil Admission 2012 :
|S. No.||Name of the course||Eligibility for admission|
|1||B.Sc Apparel Fashion Designing ( AFD )||H.S.C Passed / 10+3 diploma awarded by DOTE|
|2||B.Sc Garment Production & Processing ( GPP )||H.S.C Passed / 10+3 diploma awarded by DOTE|
|3||B.Sc Fashion Apparel Management ( FAM )||H.S.C Passed / 10+3 diploma awarded by DOTE|
|4||B.Sc Apparel Manufacturing & Merchandising ( AMM )||H.S.C Passed / 10+3 diploma awarded by DOTE|
|5||B.Com Garment Cost Accounting ( GCA )||H.S.C Passed / 10+3 diploma awarded by DOTE|
|Lateral entry details for UG Programs: Any 3 year Textile / Fashion / Garment associated Diploma holders (10+3 pattern) are eligible to get admission in to 2nd year directly in the relevant UG program under lateral entry scheme.|