King George’s Medical University PhD Admissions 2016
King George’s Medical University, Lucknow shall be conducting the Competitive Entrance Examination for selecting Candidates for admission to PhD Course for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
PhD Program has been initiated in bio-medical sciences to promote state-of-art research and to mentor scholars their area of specialization. PhD Degree will mention the title of thesis and will NOT be awarded in any specific subject.
KGMU Lucknow PhD Admission 2016 Eligibility :
Graduate & PG degree with 60% marks. For Medical/Dental candidates MD/MS/MDS with at least 60% marks in MBBS/BDS aggregate. In-service Senior Residents and In-service Faculty members are encouraged to apply.
1. For Non-Faculty Candidates
- Candidate must have graduate and post graduate degree with at least 60% marks.
- Medical/Dental candidates must have MD/MS/MDS with at least 60% marks in MBBS/BDS aggregate.
- Candidates should either have fellowship from UGC /CSIR /ICMR and the fellowship funds should be sanctioned to KGMU.
The candidate should be employed in extramurally funded project sanctioned to the Guide or Co-Guide of KGMU. The project funds should be sanctioned to the KGMU.
- Candidates without secure funding will not be registered.
- No financial assistance in the form of stipend, emoluments, honorarium etc. will be given to the candidate by the University.
KGMU Lucknow PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2016
Entrance Test : For Eligible PhD applicants with secure funding ( Excluding those with JRF from UGC/CSIR) a PhD Entrance Test in English medium shall be conducted by the University through the Office of the Controller of Examination.
Candidates who have qualified for UGC/ CSIR JRF fellowships through UGC/CSIR NET examinations are exempted from the entrance Test.
Entrance Test will be a written aptitude test in logical thinking, human biology (10+2 level), general awareness, research aptitude and basic computer knowledge (class 10 level). Qualifying marks will be 55% for general, 50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates. The qualified candidates will be called for University Interview.
The Entrance Test qualified candidates and JRFs will have to submit an application to the Head of the department of his/her chosen field within 15 days of declaration of result of Entrance Test.
Departmental Interview : The qualified candidates along with those with JRF from UGC / CSIR / ICMR will have to appear for interview/s, in the department/s of his/her choice, before a Departmental Interview Committee constituted by Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, under the
Chairmanship of Dean of respective faculty. The constitution of Departmental Interview Committee will be as follows :
- Dean of respective Faculty – Chairperson
- Vice Chancellor’s Nominee
- Head of the concerned Department
- Faculty Members of concerned Department who are eligible and willing to be Guide
- Faculty Member ( Representative of OBC/SC/ST community )
KGMU Lucknow PhD 2016 Application Form :
KGMU PhD Application obtained from Research Cell or download from www.kgmu.org. Submit alongwith Application Fee of 1500/- ( Rupees One Thousand and Five Hundred Only ) DD drawn in favour of “KGMU-PhD Program A/c” payable at Lucknow in person / post to the following address by 18th June, 2016.
King George’s Medical University,
Lucknow – 226003.
KGMU Lucknow PhD 2016 Important dates :
- Last date of submission of Completed Application forms : 18th June 2016.
- The written examination will be held on : 22nd July, 2016 ( Friday ) from 11.00 AM.
Entrance Written Examination will be held on 22nd July 2016 at 11.00 AM in the Administrative Block, King George’s Medical University, U.P., Lucknow.
KGMU Contact Details :
King George’s Medical University,
India – 226003.
PBX : +91 522 2257450, 2257451, 2257452, 2257453
Fax No. : +91 522 2257539
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.kgmu.org.
|KGMU Apply Online : http://www.kgmu.org/download/course_admission/phdprogram2016/applicationForm2016.pdf|