Krishna University PhD and MPhil Admission 2013
Centre for Research Studies
Andhra Pradesh – 521 001,
Website : www.krishnauniversity.ac.in
Krishna University invites admission application for PhD / MPhil ( Full Time / Part Time ) Research Programs 2012 – 2013.
PhD / MPhil Research Faculties :
- Bio – Technology | Chemistry | Pharmaceutical Sciences | Computer Science | English | Journalism and Mass Communication | Commerce | Management Studies
Krishna University Admission Eligibility 2013 :
General Eligibility for MPhil / PhD ( Full Time / Part Time ) Research Programs :
- The candidates seeking admission into the MPhil / PhD programs should have passed the postgraduate examination of the Krishna University or any other recognized university as equivalent by UGC in the concerned or related subject securing first or second class with at least 55% of marks on the aggregate or equivalent grade point average ( GPA ).
- However, in the case of SC and ST candidates, a relaxation of 5% of marks on the aggregate is provided. In the case of allied subjects, the concerned Boards of Studies ( BOS ) have to determine the eligibility for admission into research program and the resolutions of the Boards are to be approved by the statutory bodies such as Standing Committee to Academic Senate or Academic Senate. Before admitting candidates into the related subject, the Head of the Department has to check whether proper approval has been accorded.
Eligibility for MPhil / PhD ( Full Time ) Program Without Entrance Examination :
- The candidates qualified in UGC NET / GATE / JRF / SLET / CSIR / ICAR / ICSSR / FIP can be admitted at any time of the academic year into MPhil / PhD programs. In case there is no vacancy in the Department, an extra seat may be created for such candidate. The Junior Research Fellows (JRF) who have been selected through duly constituted selection committee and are working in the research projects funded by the national research organizations, such as UGC, CSIR, and etc., also be admitted into MPhil / PhD programs at any time of the year.
- Candidates who passed MPhil degree from any recognized university in a relevant subject are also exempted from entrance examination.
Lecturers working in the government degree colleges and government aided private degree colleges and who have been selected for FIP / FDP by the UGC.
Eligibility for MPhil / PhD ( Full Time ) Program With Entrance Examination :
- Project Fellows and Research Assistants working in the projects sponsored by the national /state and public funding agencies and not selected by a duly constituted selection committee.
- Candidates working in National Laboratories-Institutes / Government / Private Organization nominated / Sponsored by the respective employer. These candidates should have a post grade degree and hold rank of Assistant Director / or above.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants possessing the required qualification for admission into the research programs shall also have to take the entrance test and / or interview as and when research program notification is issued.
Eligibility for Admission Into MPhil / PhD ( Part Time ) Program :
For admission into research under part – time program, a candidate should satisfy the following conditions also in addition to the general eligibility conditions.
- A teacher with at least two years of full-time teaching experience in Krishna University or any other University recognized as equivalent there to by UGC or any affiliated professional or Post Graduate College.
- A teacher with at least three years of full-time teaching experience in a recognized degree college / oriental college.
- A teacher with at least four years of full-time teaching experience in a recognized Polytechnic or Junior college.
- An employee possessing at least two years of research experience in a cadre not lower than that of Assistant Director working in a research institution run by the State Government or the Central Government or in a recognized institution funded by the organizations like the UGC / CSIR / CSSR / DST / DAE and such other agencies.
- Other in – service people with ten years experience having an aptitude for research.
Duration of the MPhil / PhD Research Programs :
|Programme Name||Eligibility Criteria for Admission||Duration||Nature of Program||Professional / Non - Professional||Intake|
|Cochin University College of Engineering, Kuttanad Faculty of Engineering Ph : 0477 - 2707500|
|B. Tech. Computer Sci. & Engg.||Pas in the Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examination acepted as equivalent thereto with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.||8 Sem.|
Full - Time ( Self – financing )
|B. Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engg.|
|B. Tech. Electronics & Comm. Engg.|
|B.Tech. Information Tech|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engg.|
|B.Tech. Civil Engg.|
|MCA is also ofered in CUCEK. Scrol down for eligibilty criteria.|
|B. Tech. Civil Engg.||Pass in the Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examination acepted as equivalent thereto with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.|
Full - Time ( Self – financing )
|B. Tech. Computer Sci. & Engg.|
|B. Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engg.|
|B. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engg.|
|B. Tech. Information Tech.|
|B. Tech. Mechanical Engg|
|B. Tech. Safety & Fire Engg.|
Krishna University Admission Selection Process 2013 :
- Based on Entrance Examination and Interview.
Krishna University Admission Application Form 2013 :
- Krishna University MPhil / PhD Research program admission application form can be downloaded from University website : www.krishnauniversity.ac.in.
- Send completed Krishna University admission application along with a DD for Full Time / External Research Programs 500/- ( in case of SC / ST candidates 250/- for Full Time Research Program only ) drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Krishna University Machilipatnam”, payable at Machilipatnam.
- Duly filled Krishna University admission application post by sent to the following address :
Centre for Research Studies,
Machilipatnam – 521 001.
- Last Date for Receipt of Krishna University admission applications : 18th January, 2013.