Madurai Kamaraj University – MKU Madurai AdmissionAdmission Notification »
MKU Madurai Admission 2019
Madurai Kamaraj University Invites application from Candidates for the admission of Ph.D , M.Phil program for the academic year 2019
MKU Madurai Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates willing to register for Ph.D Programme should have a Bachelor’s degree as well as a Master’s Degree ( 10+2+3+2 pattern or equivalent in that order ) of this university or of any other university recognized by this university as equivalent thereto in concerned discipline with not less than 55% of marks in the aggregate in Master’s Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) / Differently Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the authority from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Junior / Senior Research Fellows working in research projects funded by various external agencies of National and State level organizations and executed by the Departments of University / Recognized Research Centres of the affiliated Colleges / Recognized Research Institutions and those who are working as stipendiary / non-stipendiary research scholars are also eligible to register for Ph.D.
MKU Madurai Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- The entrance test shall be conducted by the University and shall comprise of two parts, each of one hour duration.
- The tests shall be of objective type with a maximum of 50 marks each. The first part includes Research aptitude, English comprehension ( for Indian Languages, respective language comprehension ), logic and general reasoning and the second part shall be in the subject concerned in which the candidate is willing to pursue the Ph.D degree.
- The questions shall be set by experts in the field concerned in the Research Department / Centres of the University.
MKU Madurai Admission Application Form 2019
- The applications and other details can be downloaded from the University website mkuniversity.org, mkuniversity.ac.in
- Filled in application must be sent to The Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai-625 021 along with application fee of ₹1000/- for Ph.D. and ₹ 750/- for M.Phil., ( ₹500/- and ₹.375/-respectively for SC / ST Candidates).
- Candidates shall remit all the fees, prescribed by the University through on-line payment, into the MKU Registrar Account of State Bank of India, Madurai Kamaraj University Branch, Madurai or in any one of its branches near the place of the candidate or send a Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of “The Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University” payable at Madurai.
- NRI candidates living abroad shall remit the fees in US $. Foreign nationals residing in India shall be treated equivalent to NRI candidates and they shall pay the fee either in US $ or its equivalent in Indian National Rupee.
MKU Madurai Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- The University shall admit M.Phil / Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test conducted by the University once in a year preferably in July. The admissions will be made once in a year. The candidates for Ph.D. will be admitted under FullTime / Part-Time mode. The candidates for M.Phil shall be admitted only in the regular ( Full Time ) mode and not in part-time or distance learning or any other mode.
- Following the entrance test , based on ranking, the candidates shall be short listed and called for an interview by their respective Research Department / Centre / Institution after approval by the University. The interview shall carry 50 marks.
- An interview shall be conducted on behalf of the University at the Research Department / Research Centre of the college when the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee consisting of the Head of the Institution, Head of the Research Centre and the potential guides who have vacancies in the case of affiliated colleges and the head of the department, the potential guides who have vacancies and a Subject Expert preferably external in the specific area of research
- At the time of interview, the department research committee shall interact with the candidate and assess his/her research interest / aptitude. By integrating the entrance test marks and the performance of the candidate in the interview, the department research committee shall rank the candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test and the interview combined.
MKU Madurai Admission Exam Centres 2019
- Coimbatore and
MKU Madurai Admission Important Dates 2019
|Download of Prospectus, Application form||27th April, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application from||25th May, 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||17th June, 2019|
|Interview Date||24th June, 2018|
|Download of Prospectus, Application form||15th August, 2019|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application from||24th August, 2019|
Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai – 625 021,
Telephone No. : 2458471,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.mkuniversity.org.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.