Maharshi Dayanand University Rohtak PhD Admission 2017
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak invites admission application for Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) program for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
MDU Rohtak PhD Admission Eligibility 2017
A candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. Programme must satisfy the following relevant academic criteria :
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven point scale in the subject concerned or in an allied subject . ( OR )
- For Faculty of Management Sciences – Master’s Degree or any other degree recognized equivalent thereto in (i) Business Administration or Economics or Commerce or in allied subjects with at least 55% marks OR (ii) Post Graduate Diploma in Management recognized equivalent to MBA by AICTE with 55% marks or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven point scale ( OR )
- Candidates with Qualifications as laid down in (b) shall also be eligible for doing Ph.D. in Department of Economics and Commerce. ( OR )
- M.Phil degree ( regular mode only ) or a recognized equivalent degree beyond Master’s degree level with atleast 55% marks or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven point scale in the subject concerned or allied subject.
Note : A relaxation of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / BC ( non-creamy layer ) /differentlyabled candidates belonging to Haryana state only
MDU Rohtak PhD Admission Reservation Seats 2017
In view of the reservation policy Notified by the Govt. of Haryana vide Notification No. 22/10/2013 – IGSIII dated 28/2/2013 and the instructions from State Govt. from time to time in this regard which is applicable to the University also, the reservation of seats in various programmes offered in University Teaching Departments / Centres / Institutes are as under :
|All India Open Category Seats ( Including Haryana State ) ( AIO )||15% of the sanctioned intake|
|State Quota||85% of the sanctioned take|
|Haryana Open General Category( HOGC )||50% of the State Quota i.e. 42.5% of total intake|
|Reserved Categories of Haryana||50% of the State Quota i.e. 42.5% of total intake|
|Scheduled Caste ( SC )||20% of State Quota (17% of total intake)|
|Backward Classes of Haryana ( A )( BCA )||16% of State Quota (13.6% of total intake)|
|Backward Classes of Haryana ( B )( BCB )||11% of State Quota ( 9.35% of total intake )|
|Physically Handicapped ( PH )||3% of State quota ( 2.55% of total intake ).|
In the event of quota reserved for Physically Handicapped remain unutilised due to non availability for suitable category of Handicapped Candidates, it may be offered to the ExServicemen and their wards (1%) and the dependents of Freedom Fighters (1%).
Further, 3% reservation is also provided to Ex-serviceman / Freedom Fighter and their dependants by providing reservation within reservation of 1% of General Category, 1% out of Scheduled Caste and 1% from Backward Classes category for admission to the various educational institutions of the Govt. and Govt. aided / Institutes located in Haryana. As far as Block allocation in Block – A and Block – B of Backward Classes category is concerned year wise rotational system will be adopted. For example if Block – A of Backward Classes are given seats in academic year 2014, the next Block i.e. (B) Block of Category of Backward Classes will be given seats in the next academic year 2015 and so on. Further, a roster register for reservation of seats for ex-servicemen / freedom fighter shall be maintained and carry forward all fractions till one seat is accumulated through different fractions over the years. As and when the total comes to one a seat will be provided.
MDU Rohtak PhD Admission Exam Pattern 2017
Entrance Test will be of 100marks containing of 100 multiple choice question of one marks each and a candidate must secure 50%marks to qualify the same ( 47.5%for SC / ST candidates ). There will be no negative marking. The syllabi of entrance test is available on the University website i.e. www.mdurohtak.ac.in
However, for Mathematics and Statistics, the entrance examination will carry 100 multiple choice questions of 4/3 marks each and the candidates are required to attempt any 75 questions. Candidate will get full credit for not more than 75 correct responses.
Question papers shall be :
- In English for the subjects following in the faculties of Physical sciences, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering & Technology.
- In the concerned language for language courses, and
- Both in English and Hindi for other Departments.
MDU Rohtak PhD Admission Application Form 2017
- The candidates are advised to read the Prospectus carefully before filling the online Application Form
- The Prospectus can, however, be obtained from the Incharge ( Publication Cell ), M.D. University, Rohtak either in person or on payment of 150/- in cash for reference or it can be free downloaded from the University Website i.e. www.mdurohtak.ac.in.
- The processing charges for submission of the application for admission will be charged as 600/-for general category candidates and 150/- ( for S.C. / B.C candidates of Haryana only ). The S.C / B.C candidates belonging to the States other than Haryana will be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes.
- A candidate can apply for admission to as many courses as he / she wants but not more than four courses. Separate application form for admission in each additional course shall be filled after paying 200/-( 50/- for SC / BC. candidates of Haryana only ) each.
- The candidate is required to pay entrance fee of 300/- for each test except for the courses where entrance test is common.
- All the candidates will be required to deposit processing charges / entrance fee through echallan of Axis Bank / Punjab National Bank or net Banking.
MDU Rohtak PhD Admission Important Dates 2017
The last date for submission of application form in the Department / Institute concerned shall be : 18th September, 2017 ( Upto 5:00 PM )
Following shall be the schedule of Entrance Tests :
|Date||9.15 am to 10.30 am||11.30 am to 12.45 pm||2.00 pm to 3.15 pm||4.00 pm to 5.15 pm|
|3rd October, 2017||Mathematics (Common for both UTD as well as UIET), Music, Public Administration and ECE (UIET), ME (UIET)||Geography, English, Economics||Environment Science (Common of both UTD as well as UIET ) |
History, Visual Arts
|Chemistry (Common for both UTD as well as UIET ) Hotel Mgt, Tourism Mgt.
Information & Library Sciences
|4th October, 2017||Defence Studies, Sanskrit, Education||Computer Science / CSE ( Common for both UTD as well as UIET), Forensic Science, Hindi||Sociology, Institute of Management Science and Research, Physics||Statistics, Law, Journalism and Mass Communication|
|6th October, 2017||Psychology, Political Science, Commerce||Pharmacy, Food Technology, Physical Education||Bio-technology ( Common for both UTD as well as UIET ), Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Bio Chemistry, Microbiology, Medical Bio Technology|
MDU Rohtak PhD Admission Counseling 2017
|1||Date of Interview|| 6th October, 2017 to 9th October, 2017
|2||Display of category wise merit list||10th October, 2017
|3||Date of 1st Counselling||11th October, 2017 ( 10.00 am onwards )|
|4||Date of 2nd Counselling||13th October, 2017 ( 10.00 am onwards )|
|5||Date of 3rd Counselling||14th October, 2017 ( 10.00 am onwards )|
|6||Counseling for Award of URS||13th October, 2017 ( 10.00 am onwards )|
|7||Payment of fee with the University cashier||On the day of Counseling|
|8||Commencement of classes for Ph.D. Coursework||12th October, 2017|