Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Tirunelveli AdmissionAdmission Notification »
MSU Tirunelveli Admission 2019
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to PG, MPhil Program 2019.
MSU Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019
|MA Tamil||An undergraduate degree in Literature or an Undergraduate degree in any stream with Tamil as one of the subjects of study in Part I from a recognized University.|
|MA English||An undergraduate degree in any stream with English as one of the subject of study in part II from a recognized University.|
|MA History (TM Tamil Medium EM English Medium)||An undergraduate degree in any discipline (except for Literature) from a recognized University in India.|
|An undergraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University.|
|M.Sc. Mathematics||A B.Sc. degree in Mathematics or any equivalent degree from a recognized university|
|M.Sc. Physics||A B.Sc. degree in Physics or any equivalent degree from a recognized university.|
|M.Sc. Chemistry||A B.Sc. degree in Chemistry or any equivalent degree from a recognized university.|
|M.Sc. Environmental Science||A B.Sc. or Engineering degree in any discipline from a recognized university.|
|M.Sc. Electronic Media||Any undergraduate degree in Science stream from a recognized University.|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||A B.Sc. degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.|
|M.Sc. Information Technology||A B.Sc. or BCA or any equivalent degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Technology/Information Technology and E-Commerce/Computer Science/Computer Technology/Software Engineering/Computer Applications/Electronics/any other discipline with MAthematics or Computer Applications as a subject.|
|M.Sc. Statistics||A B.Sc. degree with Statistics or MAthematics as the main subject
or A B.Sc. degree with Computer Science/IT/Physics as the main subject and Mathematics as Ancillary subject with 45% marks (40% marks in case of Sc/St candidates) in aggregate in part III.
|M.Sc. Marine Biotechnology|
|A B.Sc. degree with Biology/Biotechnology or any other relevant discipline|
|M.Sc. Psychology||A Bachelor degree in Psychology or any allied subject with a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST candidates) from a recognized university.|
|Integrated 5 year M.Sc. in Animal Science||Candidates who have passed 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination with 60% marks in Science stream with any of the following subject groups: Biology/Physics/Maths/Chemistry
Botany/Zoology/Physics/Chemistry Biology/Agriculture Vocational
|Integrated 5 year M.Sc. in Botany||A candidate must have passed 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in Maths/Physics/Chemistry/Biology or Physics/Chemistry/Botany/Zoology|
|M.Com. in Accounting and Finance||A B.Com. degree with Commerce as the main subject. Or a BBA/B.Sc./BCS/BCA degree with a minimum of 45% marks from a recognized university.|
|MBA||An undergraduate degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.
The candidate must have studies Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 or graduation level.
|MCA||An undergraduate degree in the 10+2+3 pattern of examination with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level.
Or any undergraduate degree with Ancillery Mathematics at graduation level from a recognized university
|MCA Lateral Entry||A BCA or a B.Sc. degree in Computer Applications.
Any undergraduate degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
|ME (Master of Engineering)||Any undergraduate degree or equivalent in the relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University.|
|M.Tech.||A BE or B.Tech. degree with IT/CSE/ECE or an MCA/M.Sc. with IT/CS or an equivalent degree from a recognized university.|
|M.Ed.||A B.Ed. degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.|
|M.P.Ed.||A B.P.Ed. or B.P.E. with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university.|
M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
- Candidates seeking admission in M.Phil. must have a postgraduate degree in relevant fields with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from MSU. Candidates with an equivalent degree issued by any other University and accepted by MSU as equivalent can also apply for M.Phil. program. There is no age limit for candidates applying to the M.Phil. program. A research background at Post-graduate level is desirable but not necessary.
MSU Admission Application Procedure 2019
- The MSU Admission Application form available at the official website : www.msuniv.ac.in
- Candidates applying to courses offered by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University must go through the prospectus and read carefully the details about the course. The application form must be filled in by the candidate themselves in their own handwriting. The candidate must also sign on the photo pasted and get it attested by a gazetted officer.
- The candidate needs to send a demand draft or SBI challan – Power Jothi Scheme ( DD& CE A/c. No. 32723644765 drawn in the favor of “The Registrar, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli”) for ₹ 650 payable at Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu along with the filled-in application form. Apart from the Demand Draft/SBI Challan, a candidate also needs to send self-attested xerox copies and original copy of the following certificates to the University ( the original certificates will be returned after the verification):
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- 10+2 Mark sheet
- UG degree mark statement
- UG degree Provisional certificate/original degree or diploma. Candidates appearing in their final year/semester exam need to submit their mark statement till V semester and a course certificate issued by the Principal.
- PG degree certificate if applicable.
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate for SC/ST/BC/BCM/MBC/DNC candidates only
- Conduct Certificate
- Sports Certificate if the candidate is an outstanding sports person.
- NSS certificate in case the candidate is the best NSS volunteer.
- Differently Abled Certificate, if applying under the Differently abled category.
- The candidate should send the filled in application form along with the xerox copies of the certificates mentioned above and DD/SBI challan to the Head of the concerned department.
- The candidate also needs to send a xerox copy of the filled-in application form along with attested copies of the certificates mentioned above to the following address:
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University,
Tirunelveli – 627012
MSU Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- MSU offers admission to the PG programs on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying examination and university-held entrance examination. The weightage given to marks scored in Qualifying Examination and Entrance Examination is 50:50.
- The entrance examination will be based on the undergraduate syllabus in the relevant discipline. The result will be declared within a fortnight of the exam. Candidates selecetde for admission will be informed individually through mail or memo.
M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts , M.Phil/Ph.D in Management & M.Phil/Ph.D in Commerce
- The merit list for admission to M.Phil. program is prepared on the basis of marks scored in Qualifying examination, i.e. post-graduate degree, and marks scored in the Entrance examination. The entrance examination will have questions from the respective discipline to which a candidate has applied. The questions will be of post-graduate level and will test the knowledge of a candidate in the subject of their choice as also their aptitude for research.
MSU Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Registration ( PG )||10th October - 10th November, 2018|
|2||Date of Entrance Examination ( PG )||24th November, 2018|
|3||Availability of Admission Forms ( MPhil, PhD )||22nd June, 2019|
|4||Last date of admission on Forms||29th June, 2019|
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
Abishekapatti, Tirunelveli – 627012,
Phone No. : +91 462-2333741
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.msuniv.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.