Mehran University of Engineering & Technology – MUET AdmissionAdmission Notification »
MEUT Admission 2018
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology invites admission application for UG programs 2018
MUET Admission Eligibility Criteria 2018
- The candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate ( HSC ) Pre – Engineering Examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Annual Examination 2018 or earlier up to Annual Examination of 2015 and have secured atleast 60% marks ( Grace marks shall not be considered ) from any recognized Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education in Pakistan or from international countries, are eligible to apply for admission. In addition, the candidates who have passed Intermediate ( General Science Group ) in Annual Examination 2018 or earlier up to Annual Examination of 2015 and have secured atleast 60% marks ( Grace marks shall not be considered ) are also eligible for their admission only in Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering and they will not claim their admission in any other discipline. The candidates who have passed Intermediate ( Pre – Medical Group ) in Annual Examination 2018 or earlier upto Annual Examination 2015 and have secured atleast 60% marks ( Grace marks shall not be considered ) are eligible for their admission only in Bio – Medical Engineering and they will not claim their admission in any other discipline. The candidates who have passed the above examinations or equivalent examinations before Annual Examination 2015 shall not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have passed three years diploma from a recognized Board of Technical Education in Pakistan in an approved discipline ( Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Chemical, Glass & Ceramics, Petroleum and Architecture Technology ) before last date of submission of admission form or earlier up to Annual Examination 2015 , the result of diploma must be declared atleast 10 day before entry test and have secured atleast 60% marks ( Grace marks shall not be considered ) are also eligible to apply for admission under category ‘B’ in the same discipline only under the Regular scheme. The candidates who have passed three years Diploma before Annual Examination 2015 shall not be eligible for admission.
- Those students, who were admitted to any other institutes / Universities before applying for admission in Mehran University and were rusticated, debarred or their admissions were cancelled, shall not be considered for admission in the University. Additionally, if the students withhold information regarding such a disciplinary action and were granted admission; their admission will be cancelled immediately after ascertaining such facts. Those candidates who have been convicted involving moral turpitude shall also be refused admission in the University.
MUET Admission Application Form 2018
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology admission application form available at official website muet.edu.pk
- Call for admissions will be advertised in the prominent newspapers of national and regional repute as well as on the University website www.muet.edu.pk The candidates are required to apply for admission following the guidelines mentioned on the website www.admissions.muet.edu.pk . A valid email address is mandatory to complete the registration process. The candidates are required to deposit the admission processing fee in the designated branches of banks. The candidate has to upload the scanned copies of all the required documents as indicated. The Mehran University authorities after receipt of a application and processing fee will email admit slips to candidates for admission test only. The appearance / passing in the admission test does not mean the candidate is eligible for admission. The eligibility of candidate for admission will be decided by the admission office of the University after scrutinizing the provided documents. The candidate has to print the admit slip and bring it on the day of admission test along with original CNIC / B – Form.
- Since the admission form is a legal document, any wrong information provided there – in, or tampering in any other way is illegal and may result in rejection of the form outright.
MUET Admission Selection Procedure 2018
- All the candidates who have applied for admission against the seats reserved under category C will be considered first for admission against the seats reserved for their respective districts under Category – A. If a candidate who is selected against the district quota but does not get the discipline of his / her choice, his / her seat and discipline of that district may be transferred to the category applied for and he / she will be given priority on merit basis in that category.
Pre – Admission Test
- In accordance with the policies adopted by the Federal as well as Provincial Government of Sindh all the eligible candidates applying under any category are now required to appear in the Pre – admission Test organized by the University.
- Candidates having secured less than 40% marks ( with no negative marking ) in the Pre – admission Test shall not be eligible for the admission in this University.
- The final merit list of the candidates for each district / category will be prepared by calculating the overall merit, based on the marks obtained in each of the following examinations, multiplying them with the respective weightage and adding the result to calculate the “Composite Percentage Number” ( CPN ) as described below:
|Percentage of Marks in:||Multiplying Weightage|
|A||Secondary School Certificate|
( Science group ) ( Matriculation ):
|B||Higher Secondary School Certificate|
( Pre - Engg. / General Science / Pre - Medical group ) or equivalent adjusted marks
|C||Pre - admission Test||0.60|
- For example, if a candidate has secured 70% marks in SSC, 65% marks in HSSC and 50% marks in pre – admission test; his / her CPN would be given by:
- CPN = 70*0.1+60*0.3+50*0.6 =7+18+30= 55 ( Percent )
- Adjusted marks means marks secured in HSSC examination plus additional marks if any.
Note:All nominees local / foreigners should submit the result of SAT, UET’s, NUST or officially approved National / International Organization or other International level Test they have passed for their admission purpose or appear in the Pre – admission Test of this University and clear the same. In case they do not clear the test they will not be considered for admission at this University.
- After the receipt of the results of Pre – admission Test, a comprehensive merit list will be prepared for each district / category and a number of candidates equivalent to the reserved seats of concerned category will be called for interview before the Admission Committee. The candidate must accompany with his / her guardian declared in his / her admission form during interview. The interviews will be held at Mehran University, Jamshoro on the dates as announced in the newspapers and also on Website www.muet.edu.pk
- The candidates will also be required to bring their original certificates for verification, particularly the following seven certificates.
- Marks Sheet of SSC ( Matriculation )
- Marks Sheet of HSC ( Intermediate Pre – Engg. / General Science / Pre – Medical ) Group ( in case change of group, bring marks sheet of both Groups ).
- Domicile Certificate of candidate / guardian
- PRC on ‘C’ Form of candidate
- National Identity Card / B – form ( as applicable )
- Medical Certificate on prescribed performance
- Undertaking Certificate on prescribed performance
- Performance can be downloaded from Admission Website
- Without above documents / short of any document, the candidate shall not be allowed to appear in the interview and will not be considered for admission. The admission in discipline / technology shall be allocated on the day of interview. If admitted the above original documents would be retainted by the University for atleast one entire year.
- It is mandatory to appear before the admission committee for interviews with all required document, failing to which will result in disqualification from the process of admission. The candidate has to deposit the fees at the time of interview.
Mehran University of Engineering & Technology,
Jamshoro, 76062, Sindh, Pakistan,
Telephone No. : 022 – 2771704,
Fax : 022 – 2772196,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : muet.edu.pk
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.