MGM 2017 PhD Entrance Exam
MGM Institute of Health Sciences ( MGMIHS ) invites admission Application for Ph.D programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
MGM 2017 PhD Programme
- Medical Anatomy
- Medical Physiology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Pharmacology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Pre, Para and Clinical Subjects
- Hospital Administration
- Health Profession Education
MGM 2017 PhD Courses Duration :
- 2 years for full time and 3 years for part time Candidates who possess MD / MS degree.
- 3 years for full time and 4 years for part time Candidates who possess M.Sc. Medical Subject or PG Medical Diploma
MGM 2017 PhD Eligibility
|S.No||Subject of PhD||Eligibility Qualification|
|1||Medical Anatomy||MS / MD / M. Sc. in Medical Anatomy|
|2||Medical Physiology||MD / M. Sc. in Medical Physiology|
|3||Medical Biochemistry||MD / M. Sc. in Medical Biochemistry / Biotechnology|
|4||Medical Microbiology||MD / M. Sc. in Medical Microbiology / Biotechnology or Parasitology MD in Immunology, Virology or Parasitology|
|5||Medical Pharmacology||MD / M. Sc. in Medical Pharmacology / Pharmaceutical Medicine|
|6||Medical Biotechnology||MD in Microbiology, Pathology or Biochemistry M. Sc. in Medical Biotechnology / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.|
|7||Medical Genetics||MS / MD in Anatomy / Medical Genetics / Medicine or Pediatrics / Pathology or FMT. MD / M. Sc. in Medical Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or Genetics|
|8||Nursing||M. Sc. in Nursing|
|9||Physiotherapy||Master of Physiotherapy|
|10||Pre - , Para and Clinical||MD / MS in the subject interested to pursue PhD|
|11||Hospital Administration||Masters in Healthcare or MBA in any non - medical specialty with five years of experience working at managerial level in a Healthcare Industry.|
|12||Biostatistics||M. Sc. in Statistics / M.Sc. in Biostatistics|
|13||Health Profession Education||MD / MS / M.Sc. ( Medical ) , MPT / M.Sc. Nursing and PG degree holder in other Allied Health Sciences.|
Other Eligibility Criteria :
Minimum 55% marks or B+ Grade at master level Degree Programme. Note :Candidates appearing in the final year examination of master ( PG ) degree are also eligible toapply and appear in the Common Entrance Test. However, their enrolment in PhD Course will be subject to the completion of all the requisite requirements. The results of Common Entrance Test of such candidate will be announced only after verification of marks at the PG level examinations.
MGM 2017 PhD Exam Scheme
- The examination will consist of Two Papers, Paper I and Paper II
- Time allotted – 1 hour 30 minutes
Paper I – Research Aptitude Test :
|1||Research Methodology||30 Marks ( 6 questions of 5 Marks each )|
|2||Research Methodology||10 Marks ( 5 questions of 2 Marks each )|
|3||Basic Computer Knowledge||10 Marks ( 5 questions of 2 Marks each )|
Paper II – Subject Specific Test :
|1||Multiple Choice Questions||10 Marks ( 10 questions of 1 mark each )|
|2||Theoretical Descriptive Questions each )||40 Marks ( 08 questions of 5 marks|
- 10th July, 2017 Interview and brief presentation of research project on which student intends to work.
MGM 2017 PhD Online Application Form
How to Apply :
- Download the application form from the Institute website www.mgmuhs.com
- Filled in Application Form may be submitted by Post / Courier or by hand to The Competent Authority ( CET CELL ) , MGM Institute of Health Sciences, MGM Educational Campus, Sector–01, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai: in an envelope superscripted “PhD Application 2017” along with.
- Attested copies of the Statement of Marks of Master’s Degree ( of First Year or Second Year if the result of final year is awaited ) .
- Demand Draft of 3,000 / – drawn in favour of “MGM Institute of Health Sciences”, payable at Mumbai, towards the cost of Application Form and Entrance Test.
- The application fee ( 3,000 / – ) once paid will not be refunded.
- Last date to apply: 1st July, 2017.
MGM 2017 PhD Important Dates
|1||Issue of application forms||1st May, 2017 onwards|
|2||Last date for the receipt of completed application forms||1st July, 2017|
|3||Entrance Examination ( at Navi Mumbai & Aurangabad )||9th July, 2017|
|4||Presentation of PhD research proposal and Viva - Voce examination at MGMIHS, Navi Mumbai||10th July, 2017|
|5||Announcement of Result||17th July, 2017|
|6||Last date to join||24th July, 2017|
|7||Commencement of PhD Course Work||1st August, 2017|
MGM Institute of Health Sciences,
ector – 1, Kamothe,
Navi Mumbai – 410209.
Ph. No.: 022 – 27432471
Fax : 022 – 27431094
Website : www.mgmuhs.com