MICA Ahmedabad FPM – Communications AdmissionAdmission Notification »
MICA Ahmedabad FPM Communications Admission 2019
Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad invites admission application for Fellow Programme in Management – Communications ( FPM – C ) program for the session 2019
MICA Ahmedabad FPM-C Admission Eligibility 2019
- Applicants must have a UGC / AIU / AICTE approved Post Graduate / Master’s Degree / equivalent qualification with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in the field of management / communications / humanities / or social science. Exposure and understanding of Marketing, Media, Public Relations, Advertising and/or Journalism shall be an added advantage.
- The candidate should have also completed a UGC / AIU / AICTE approved three-year Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification after completing higher secondary ( 10+2 ) or equivalent. The Bachelor’s degree can be from any discipline ( Engineering / Science / Social Studies / Arts / Commerce / Communication / Management / or Media ).
- Foreign nationals and NRIs with non-Indian degrees that are considered equivalent ( by UGC / AIU / AICTE ) to the qualifications listed above are also eligible to apply for the programme.
MICA Ahmedabad FPM-C Admission Application Form 2019
- Fill the MICA Ahmedabad FPM – Communications application form available at the MICA official website : www.mica.ac.in.
- Submit the following by the specified date
- Application fee should be deposited through a demand draft of ₹ 2500/- drawn in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad. Write Candidate’s name and contact details on the reverse side of demand draft.
- Two letters of recommendation ( blank forms for recommendation letters and the instructions can be downloaded from the online application portal ).
- Candidates are requested Upload Candidates’s Statement of Purpose (SOP) typewritten in a word document
- Candidates are requested Upload Candidate’s proposed research of maximum 1000 words and mention names of 3 MICA faculty whose work is aligned to this area.
- Candidates are requested Submit documents in support of the application.
MICA Ahmedabad FPM-C Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Stage 1: Telephone interviews of eligible candidates.
- Stage 2: The Shortlisted candidates appear for MICA’s FPM Admission Test. The FPM Admission Test is a three-day process organised on the MICA campus, comprising of the Written Test ( WT ), an Individual Presentation ( IP ) and a Personal Interview ( PI ).
- Candidates appearing for the admission test will be provided lodging and boarding at the MICA campus.
Written Test ( WT )
- The Written Test will examine the candidate’s theoretical understanding of communication, the ability to investigate a communication phenomenon and the ability to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- The WT will be descriptive in nature and is based on prescribed readings. Candidates shortlisted after the telephonic interviews will be sent the prescribed readings via email. They are required to read them critically. Candidates may bring copies of the readings to the WT as this is an open-book exam
Individual Presentation (IP)
- The candidate will be presenting the topic based on the submitted research proposal. She / He will be given 15 minutes to present to a panel of experts. Candidates will be required to make PowerPoint ( PPT ) presentations.
Personal Interview (PI)
- The Personal Interview will follow the IP, where a panel of experts will assess the candidate’s personality and passion for research.
- Detailed test structure and timings will be sent to the candidates shortlisted for the FPM Admission Test.
Selection to the program is based on
- Performance in FPM Admission Test.
- Consistent academic performance from 10 + 2 onwards.
- Professional work / research experience in media and communication.
MICA Ahmedabad FPM-C Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for applying online||28th February, 2019|
|2||Last date for receiving application fee, recommendation letters and copies of certificates||28th February, 2019|
|3||Telephonic screening interviews||7th March, 2019 - 8th March, 2019|
|4||Admission Test on campus||27th March, 2019 to 29th March, 2019|
|5||Declaration of result||2nd April, 2019|
|6||Admissions close||23rd April, 2019|
|7||Session begins||Second week of July, 2019|
Shela, Ahmedabad – 380 058,
Phone No. : + 91 2717 308250,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.mica.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.