National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology – NCHMCT AdmissionAdmission Notification »
NCHMCT Admission 2019
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology invites admission application for BSc Hospitality & Hotel Administration program 2019
NCHMCT Admission Eligibility 2019
- A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study ( core / elective / functional ) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2018 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination ( 10+2 or its equivalent ) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates / documents at the time of admission.
- For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on 01st July, 2019. Candidates born on or after 01st July, 1996 are eligible.
- In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01st July, 2019. That is SC / ST candidates born on or after 01st July, 1993 are eligible.
- Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he / she belongs to i.e. General / SC / ST / OBC. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board / Pre – University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted.
- At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling / admission.
NCHMCT Admission seats 2019
Reservation of seats
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted against the seats reserved for them. Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those classes / tribes which are in the respective Central List published by the Government of India.
Reservation for scheduled caste / scheduled tribe
For the SC and ST categories, 15% and 7.5% seats, respectively, are reserved in Central and State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories will be required to produce the original caste / tribe certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format during admission. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted. Seats remaining vacant in these categories shall not be filled by candidates belonging to any other categories.
27% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC ( Non creamy layer ) whose name is listed in Central Govt. OBC list for admission in Central Govt. Institutes of Hotel Management only. Those belong to the creamy layer of OBC or whose name listed as OBC only in the state Govt. list are NOT entitled for OBC reservation. Seats remaining vacant in this category shall be filled through General Category candidates, as per Hon,ble Supreme Court ruling. The OBC candidates ( non – creamy layer ) will be required to produce original OBC ( NCL ), caste certificate issued on or after 1st April, 2017 by a competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of Counselling / Admission.
NCHMCT Exam Pattern 2019
Pattern for written examination
|S No||Subject||No of questions||Duration|
|1||Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30||3.00 Hrs|
|2||Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|3||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|5||Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
Language of question paper
- Question Paper will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi ( except for English Language component ) .
Marking scheme for JEE written test
- Each correct answer under Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs and English Language components carry one mark. For any wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Graded marks will be awarded under Aptitude for Service Sector component in the following manner; the most appropriate answer carries 1.00, the next appropriate answer carries 0.75, the next to next appropriate answer carries 0.50 whereas the inappropriate answer shall carry negative mark of 0.25.
NCHMCT Admission Application Form 2019
- NCHMCT Admission Application form can be downloaded from Official website: www.nchm.nic.in
NCHMCT Admit Card 2019
- Admit Card to be downloaded from www.nchm.nic.in
- Admit Card shall not be sent by post to any candidate
- The candidate shall have to download the admit card ( in duplicate ) from
- Candidate should carefully check the Admit Card for all the entries made therein. Any discrepancy should immediately be brought to the notice of JEE CELL in the Council through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One copy of Admit Card duly self attested to be deposited with invigilator for his / her signature and same be preserved & produced for appearing during Counselling while second copy of Admit Card is required to be retained at the examination centre.
NCHMCT Admission Exam centres 2019
Written Test Centres and Code
|Written test centre city||Code||Written test centre city||Code|
NCHMCT Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Application Form Available Online||4th week of December, 2018|
|Last date to fill application||2nd week of April, 2019|
|2||Availability of Admit Cards on NCHMCT website||3rd week of April, 2019|
|3||Date of Exam||Last week of April, 2019|
|5||Result Declaration||3rd Week of May, 2019|
|6||Conduct of Counselling||Last week of May, 2019|
|7||Commencement of Academic Session||July, 2019|
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology – NCHMCT Admission 2017
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Indira Gandhi National Open University invites admission application for 2 Year Master of Science ( MSc ) in Hospitality Administration 2017 – 2019.
NCHMCT MSc Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017
- B.Sc. Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from NCHMCT – IGNOU; OR Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management from a recognized University and the Institute is approved by AICTE.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester / final year exam of the above said Degrees and able to submit their Bachelor’s Degree latest by 31st October, 2016 can also apply.
- Criteria for selection : Admission to the program will be based on merit in the joint entrance examination and choice of IHMs exercised by the candidates.
NCHMCT MSc Admission Exam Pattern 2017
- Written test comprising of 100 MCQs on hospitality related generic questions of graduate level as well as general knowledge, general English and numeric aptitude, will be held by the Council at six IHMs ( centres ) in India viz., Bengaluru; Chennai; Delhi ( Pusa ); Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. The written test will be held on 18 June, 2017. Duration of the written test will be 2 hrs. and the timing of the test will be from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon. For each question, four options of answers will be given and the candidate has to darken the appropriate bubble of correct answer in the answer sheet by using blue / black ballpoint pen only.
- Each question of this MCQ will carry one mark and there will be 0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer. However, the question not attended will fetch zero marks. While darkening the correct answer, one must keep in mind that if an incorrect answer is darkened inadvertently and thereafter the correct answer also darkened by cancelling the earlier answer, negative mark will be given for such double attempt. Therefore, the candidate is suggested to darken the correct answer when he / she is sure. Candidates are not allowed to bring electronic gadgets including mobile phones in the examination hall. Following is the pattern of MCQs in the written test
- F&B Management : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Front Office Management : 05 Questions ( 05 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Accommodation Management : 05 Questions ( 05 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Revenue Management : 05 Questions ( 05 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- F&B Cost Control : 05 Questions ( 05 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Facility Planning : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Strategic Management : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Human Resource Development : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Tourism Marketing : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Application of Computers : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) Graduation level Score
- Communication Skills in English : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) General level Score
- Numeric Aptitude / IQ : 10 Questions ( 10 Marks ) General level Score
- Total : 100 Questions ( 100 Marks )
NCHMCT MSc Admission Application Form 2017
- Interested candidates can apply online only through admission notification in our online admission portal www.thims.gov.in or through Council’s website www.nchm.nic.in.
- Candidates has to send print out of the filled in online application along with necessary fee ( ₹ 900 for General / OBC Categories and ₹ 450/- for SC / ST / PD Categories ) through a demand draft drawn in favour of NCHMCT payable at Noida or Delhi and other requirement documents, which should reach NCHMCT, Noida latest by 31st May, 2017. Information Brochure can be downloaded from web site of this Council.
- Envelope containing application should be superscribed as APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc. HA PROGRAM. Applications received after 31st May, 2017 will not be entertained.
Important Dates for NCHMCT MSc Admission 2017
|1||Apply through On-line||19th Feb – 27th May, 2017|
|2||Last date of receipt of confirmation sheet |
along with fee and other documents at NCHM
|31st May, 2017|
|3||Download Admit Card||12th-14th June, 2017|
|4||onduct of Entrance Exam (written test)||18th June, 2017|
|5||Declaration of first allotment list||27th June, 2017|
|6||Report for admission to accept the allotted seat||28th -30th June, 2017|
|7||Declaration of second allotment list||7th July, 2017|
|8||Report for admission to accept the allotted seat||10th -13th July, 2017|
|9||Declaration of third list to fill vacancies, if any||18th July, 2017|
|10||Report for admission to accept the allotted seat||19th -31st July, 2017|
|11||Commencement of classes||1st August, 2017|
A – 34, Sector – 62,
Noida – 201 309,
Toll Free Number : 1800 – 180 – 3151,
Email : email@example.com.,
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.