National Institute of Homoeopathy – NIH BHMS Admission 2016
Applications are invited from intending candidates of Indian nationality for Admission to 5½ yrs, BHMS Degree Course in Homoeopathy ( including one year compulsory Rotatory Internship ) at National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata, affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences for the academic year 2016-2017.
NIH BHMS Admission Eligibility 2016 :
- He/she is an Indian citizen by birth or by domicile ( except for the foreign candidates nominated / recommended by Govt. of India. )
- He/she is not blind ( including colour blind ), deaf and / or dumb ( as per the syllabus and curriculum to the course prescribed by Central Council of Homoeopathy and The West Bengal University of Health Sciences). Orthopedically challenged persons with 50 to 70% loco-motor disability involving the lower limbs only, can apply for the course.
- He/she has attained or will attain the age of 17 years but not crossed age of 25 years as on the 31st December, 2016. Those born on before 31st December, 1991 or after 1st January, 2000 will not be eligible to appear at All India Admission Test of session 2016-2017.
- He/she has passed the 12th class under the 10+2 scheme or equivalent from a statutory Board / Council / University such Statutory Board / Council / University is recognised by The West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
- No candidate shall be admitted to B.H.M.S. Degree Course unless he has passed –
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of twelve year’s study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology with Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less then core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education; OR
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University or Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject; OR
- The pre-professional or pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination, which shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject; OR
- The first year of the three year’s degree course of a recognised University, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subject provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course; OR
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University or Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English as a compulsory subject;
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 with requisite five subjects including English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. He/ She must have passed all the five subjects individually including English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Provided that He/she must have obtained a minimum of 50% (45% marks for SC & ST candidates) marks in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. [In case of any dispute about equivalence, the matter will be decided by prior reference to University and/or appropriate authority. Any fees / charges in this regard will not be borne by the Institute.]
NIH BHMS Exam Centers
The All India Written Competitive Test (Admission Test) will be conducted by the Institute. The date of examination will be communicated to the candidate along with the Admit Card or earlier along with the notification. No candidate shall be admitted to the Examination Hall unless he/she holds a valid “Admit Card” issued by the Institute.
All India Admission Test will be held at seven Centers : Kolkata, New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum and Bhopal.
Candidate should therefore give her / his choice of center in the application. In case, the number of candidates who have opted for a particular center are less, then the centers at Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal will be cancelled and the candidates will be allotted the nearest center. Accordingly, candidate who opts for Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram and Bhopal has to mention her/his second choice of 18 center of examination from amongst Kolkata, New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. Candidates must note that center of examination once allotted to them shall not be changed and any request for such change will not be entertained at any stage.
NIH BHMS Seats
Total 93 ( Ninety-Three ) seats are available for admission to the 5½ years B.H.M.S. Degree Course at NIH for the academic session 2016-2017.
14 ( fourteen ) seats are allocated amongst the nominees of States / Union Territories
NIH BHMS Exam Pattern
The NIH BHMS Admission Test will be of three hours’ duration and will have one paper consisting of four parts viz., A, B, C and D. The pattern of questions will be multiple choice (single correct answer) type with 200 questions – Biology (60 questions), Physics (60 questions), Chemistry (60 questions) and General Knowledge (20 questions). There will be negative markings for wrong answers. The General standard of the Admission Test will be that of 12th Class under 10+2 schemes or an equivalent examination as per Indian Standards.
Each correct answer will carry one mark. There will be one negative mark for each wrong answer as penalty. Answer sheet will be on OMR sheet.
NIH BHMS Application Form 2016 :
- NIH BHMS Admission Notice will be published in Employment News and leading newspapers and Institute’s website : www.nih.nic.in. NIH BHMS Application is to be made in three A4 size plain papers (two for the application proforma and one for the identification card) according to the prescribed proforma from candidates intending to appear in the All India Admission Test.
- Filled in NIH BHMS application [ in candidate’s own legible handwriting ] is to be sent along with a Demand draft for 1000/- ( Rupees One Thousand only ) drawn in any nationalized Banks in favour of Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, payable at Kolkata (IPO/Cheque/Cash/Money Order will not be accepted).
- No Bank draft is required in case of SC/ST candidates but a photocopy of the self-certified caste certificate (format prescribed by Govt. of India; see annexure) must be submitted with the application form.
- The duly filled in application form should reach the office of the following address on or before the last date of submission of application i.e. 16th May, 2016 (Monday)
The Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy,
Block – GE, Sector – III,
Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 106.
- NIH BHMS Admit Card and Prospectus will be sent by post
NIH BHMS Admission Important Dates 2016 :
- Last date of submission of NIH BHMS application : 16th May, 2016 ( Monday )
- Date of NIH BHMS All India Admission Test : 12th June, 2016 ( Sunday ).
- Date of publication of the result of NIH BHMS Admission Test : 20th June, 2016 ( Monday )
NIH Kolkata Contact Address
National Institute of Homoeopathy,
Block – GE, Sector – III,
Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 106,
West Bengal, India,
Phone No. : 033-2337 0969 / 70, 2321 4157,
Fax : 033-2337 5295,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nih.nic.in.