National Institute of Immunology – NII AdmissionAdmission Notification »
NII PhD Admission 2019
National Institute of Immunology invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Programme for the academic year of 2019 – 2020.
NII PhD Admission Courses Offered 2019
- PhD programme in interdisciplinary areas of Immunology, Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology, and Computational Biology.
NII PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
Minimum qualifications :
- M.Sc. in any branch of Science ( e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics ), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University ( JNU ), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate ( 10+2 ) and Bachelor’s degree, and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for candidates from reserved categories [ OBC ( non – creamy layer; NCL ), SC / ST, and PwD ]. Rounding off of percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are also eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
NII PhD Admission Reservation of Seats 2019
- 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC ( non – creamy layer ) and 3% for persons with disability ( PwD ) as per statutory norms.
NII PhD Admission Application Form 2019
National Institute of Immunology admission application form is available in the official website www.nii.res.in.
How to apply
- Candidates should submit their applications through NII online application portal only. The details of the application process are available at http://www.nii.res.in.
- Online application fee is ₹ 1000/- for GENERAL / OBC ( NCL ) candidates and ₹ 500/- for SC / ST / PwD ( non – refundable ).
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 26th December, 2018 to 27th January 2019.
- For technical queries regarding NII online admission portal, please contact helpline number : 022-62507725. ; Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- For queries regarding the eligibility criteria or other academic matters, please contact Tel : 011-26717101, 011-26703662, or 011-26703762; Email : email@example.com
- Name of the candidate and his / her date of birth should match the corresponding entries in the Secondary School Certificate ( 10th ) or equivalent.
- Candidates must ensure that the information details furnished in the online application are true and correct. If any discrepancy is observed at any stage, NII reserves the right to cancel the admission.
NII PhD Selection Procedure 2019
- NII will select candidates for the Ph.D. programme through the following Channels :
- Channel # 1 : Computer – based Entrance Examination, NII – 2019, to be conducted by NII at multiple centres all over India on 24th February, 2019 ( Sunday ). Or
- Channel # 2 : Joint Graduate Entrance Examination in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences ( JGEEBILS – 2019 ).
- Candidates applying through JGEEBILS – 2019 must submit an application through NII application portal, along with application fees, and the JGEEBILS – 2019 admit card.
- Candidates must appear in at least one of the two examinations mentioned above. Candidates will be short – listed for an interview based on their scores in either NII – 2019 or JGEEBILS – 2019. Candidates are encouraged to appear in both the examinations.
- The list of candidates short – listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 15th March, 2019.
- Interviews will be held at the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi from 13th June, 2019 to 15th June, 2019.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi. Candidates joining the programme will be paid second class train fare on providing the proof of journey.
Ph.D. Programme :
- The programme will start on 8th July, 2019 and the allotment of laboratories and thesis supervisors will be made by 12th July, 2019, based on the interactions with faculties in the candidates’ area of interest and mutual preference.
- The institute currently provides a Junior Research Fellowship of ₹ 25000/- per month. Selected candidates who are already fellowship awardees from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT, and DST may avail those fellowships as per rules governed by the respective funding agency.
- NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to all the students admitted to the program.
NII PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Online Application begins||26th December, 2018|
|2||Online application closing||27th January, 2019|
|3||Admit card available for download||6th February, 2019 onwards|
|4||NII - 2019 Entrance Examination||24th February, 2019|
National Institute of Immunology,
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067, India.,
Telephone No : 26717121 to 26717145,
Fax : 91-11-26742125 / 91-11-26742626,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nii.res.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.