NII PhD 2017 Admission
National Institute of Immunology invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program for the academic year of 2017 – 2018. NII PhD Specializations 2017 :
- PhD ( NCBS and DBS )
- Integrated PhD ( NCBS and DBS )
- M.Sc. by Research ( only at DBS )
NII PhD Admission Eligibility 2017
PhD programme :
- Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc. ( Ag ), B.Tech, B.E., B.V.Sc. B. Pharma ( 4 yrs course ), MBBS., BDS. M. Pharma. Students with training in Physics or Chemistry are encouraged to apply to the programmes.
Integrated Ph.D / M.Sc. by Research Programme :
- Bachelors in any Basic Science.
- Students who expect to complete their degrees by July 2017 are eligible to apply.
NII PhD 2017 Application Form
- Students can apply online for hall tickets to participate in the tests. Please follow the appropriate link on this website for completing the application form. Please read the instructions carefully before you start filling up the online application form.
- Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet may apply manually. They may send a request for an application form ( without DD ) along with a self-addressed stamped ( 10/- ) envelope ( size 25cm x 17 cm ) superscribed “GS – 2017” to the following address :
Admission Section, National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research GKVK, Bellary Road Bangalore 560 065.
- The completed application form should be sent along with DD and two passport size photographs ( one pasted on the application and one stapled to it ).
- Students may appear for the written test in multiple subjects if timings do not clash. Please send a separate application ( including Demand Draft ) for each subject. In case of online applicants, students will have to re-register with a different email id.
- Students who wish to apply online and make payment by Demand Draft may send the Demand Draft with their name, reference code and telephone number written behind it. Alternately, students can make online payment by Debit / Credit Card.
- Male applicants – 600/- for applications submitted online and 650/- for applications sent manually by post. Female applicants – 100/- for applications submitted online as well as for applications sent manually by post ( Please see the walk-ins section on this website) .
- Application fee can be paid online by Net banking / Debit / Credit Card or through Demand Draft. After successful payment transaction, please login to your account on our website by using your reference code as your user id and check the payment status of your application. Normally, online payments are received within 2 working days and an auto email is sent by the system acknowledging the payment. If your transaction has been successful and your account has been debited and you do not receive the acknowledgement email within 7 days and your payment status is not updated in your account, you may write to the email ids as given in the “contact us” section.
Demand Draft :
- DD should be drawn on State Bank of India in favour of National Centre for Biological Science payable at Bangalore.
NII PhD Selection Procedure 2017
- All applicants are required to appear for the written test conducted at different centers nationally. The test will cover basic topics in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology. There is a separate written test for the MSc Wildlife Biology and Conservation covering topics on general knowledge, analytical and quantitative skills, wildlife biology and an essay on a conservation issue.
- Those who qualify on this test will be sent forms for the next phase of the selection procedure. Performance in the written test, together with the information requested in the additional application material will be used to short list candidates for interviews.
- The NCBS and DBS admission process for PhD / Int.PhD programmes are common up to the Entrance Test. Separate interviews will be held at Bangalore and Mumbai.
- The DBS conducts a single interview in Mumbai in Feb / March 2017 NCBS interviews are in two stages held over a three day period. These are typically scheduled in May / June 2017.
- Details about the interview procedure would be provided to candidates who are shortlised from the entrance exam.
- The TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination ( GS – 2016 ) for Biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences ( JGEEBILS ). Results of the TIFR Entrance Test for Biology ( JGEEBILS ) will be shared by the following participating institutions.
NII PhD 2017 Exam Schedule
3.Computer & Systems Sciences
|11th December, 2016 ( Sunday )09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
2.Biology ( PhD, Int.PhD and M.Sc by Research )
|11th December, 2016 ( Sunday )2:30 p.m. to 04:30 p.m.|
NII PhD 2017 Exam Center
|1||Ahmedabad||St Xavier’s College Near Gujarat University, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009. Directions: The college is located off-Gujarat University Road ( facing the entrance of L.D. Engineering College ).|
|2||Bangalore||Examination Hall, University of Agricultural Sciences GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065. Directions: Mekhri Circle > Proceed 9 km North > After L&T on left turn into UAS-GKVK > After 2.5 km > College of Agricultural building.|
|3||Bhubaneshwar||Department of Physics, Utkal University Vani Vihar, Bhubaneshwar 751004.|
|4||Chandigarh||Department of Physics, Centre for Advanced Study in Physics Near P.U. Sports Ground, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh 160014.|
|5||Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology Class Room Complex ( CRC ) Chennai 600036.|
|6||Cochin||School of Engineering Cochin University of Science & Technology ( CUSAT ) Trikkakkara Campus, Cochin 682036. Directions: CUSAT is in the Ernakulam-Aluva bus route, 10 km from Ernakulam and 10 km from Aluva. There are number of private and transport buses through this route, almost one bus for every 10 – 15 minutes. Autorickshaw will charge about 140/- from Ernakulam and Aluva.|
|7||Delhi 01||Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College University of Delhi Delhi 110 007.|
|8||Delhi 02||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Pragati Vihar Delhi 110007.|
|9||Delhi 03||Kendriya Vidyalaya, NMR, J.N.U. Old Campus, Baba Gang Nath Marg, Near Ber Sarai, New Delhi 110067|
|10||Guwahati||Lecture Hall Complex ( in front of Academic Complex ) Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati 781039.|
|11||Haldwani||Motiram Baburam Govt. P.G. College Kumaon University, Haldwani, Uttaranchal 263141.|
|12||Hyderabad||University of Hyderabad Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Lecture Hall Complex, PO: Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500046.|
|13||Indore||Educational Multimedia Research Center ( EMRC ) Taxshila Campus, Khandwa Road, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore ( MP ) 452001|
|14||Jaipur||India International School Kshipra Path, Opp. V.T. Road, Mansarovar, Jaipur 302020|
|15||Jammu & Kashmir||Department of Physics, Jammu University New University Campus, Jammu 180004.|
|16||Kanpur||Lecture Hall Complex, Indian Institute of Technology PO: IIT, Kanpur, Kanpur 208016.|
|17||Kolkata 01||Jadavpur Universit|
|18||Kolkata 02||Department of Mathematics, Basanti Devi College 147 B, Rash Behari Avenue, Kolkata 700029 ( W.B. ).|
|19||Kolkata 03||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Salt Lake, Sector 1, Labony, Kolkata 700 064.|
|20||Madurai||The Madura College Vidyanagar, T.P.K. Road, Madurai 625011. Directions: The college is located just 1 km from Periyar Bus Stand / 1.5 km from Madurai Railway Junction.|
|21||Mangalore||University College, Hampanakatta, Mangalore 575001, Dakshina Kannada, Karanataka.|
|22||Mumbai||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Navy Nagar, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005. Directions: From CST, bus route nos. 3, 6, 11, 125 comes to Colaba which terminate at Navy Nagar Bus Depot. From Churchgate, bus route no. 137 comes to Navy Nagar Bus depot.|
|23||Nagpur||Shri Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Engineering College G-Block ( First Year Block ), Gittikhadan, Katol Road, Nagpur 440013.|
|24||Patna||D.Y. Patil Pushapalata Patil International School|
|25||Pune||Loyola High School & Junior College Pashan Road Pune 411 008|
|26||Srinagar||Department of Chemistry University of Kashmir Srinagar 190 006.|
|27||Varanasi||New Lecture Theatre, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University Varanasi 221005.|
|28||Visakhapatnam||GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam 530 045.|
NII PhD Admission 2017 Important Dates
|1||Nationwide Entrance Examination||11th December, 2016 ( Sunday )|
|2||Last date for application||17th October , 2016|
|3||Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination ( shortlist for interviews )||31st January, 2017|
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg,
New Delhi – 110 067,
Telephone No : 011 – 26717101, 011 – 26703662, 011 – 26703762,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.nii.res.in.
|NII Apply Online : http://admissions.ncbs.res.in/admissions/GS16/index.php?module=onlineRegister|