National Institute of Technology SIKKIM PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2019
NIT Sikkim invites application from eligible candidates for admission to PhD Program for the academic year 2019
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission Courses 2019
The Institute offers PhD programmes in the following Departments
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – Only for FT02 and PT01 categories
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – for all categories
- Mechanical Engineering – for all categories
- Physics – for all categories
- Chemistry – for all categories
- Mathematics – for all categories
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- The general eligibility criterion for NIT Sikkim admission in all Departments / fields are given below. These eligibility conditions are the absolute minimum; Departments may prescribe any other requirements over and above the minimum criteria, subject to the approval of the Postgraduate Committee.
Engineering / Technology
- Candidate should have completed Master degree in Engineering / Technology with a minimum of 65% marks or 7.0 CGPA; OR
- Candidate should have completed bachelor degree in Engineering / Technology with minimum 80% marks or 8.5 CGPA.
- Candidate should have completed Master degree in Science with minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
- Candidate should have completed Master degree in English with minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA.
For SC / ST candidates
- A relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 CGPA will be considered.
- In addition to the general criteria, the following category-wise additional essential criteria for PhD admission are compulsory.
For FT 01
- A GATE / NET qualification certificate is must for candidates having Master degree
- A valid GATE qualification certificate is must for candidates having Bachelor degree in Engineering / Technology.
For FT 02
- As per point no. 1.1-(ii) and minimum requirement of the funding agency.
For PT 01
- Minimum two years teaching / industry experience.
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission Application Form 2019
- Eligible candidates are required to download the application form from Institute website www.nitsikkim.ac.in.
- The hard-copy of complete filled up and signed application form [with subject: Application for Admission in PhD in ( Department / Discipline ), Programme category”on 8 the envelop] along with all self-attested supporting documents and a demand draft of [rupee]. 500/-( [rupee]. 100/-for SC / ST ) in favour of “Director, NIT Sikkim” payable at Ravangla, must reach to the following address
The Dean ( Academic Affairs )
National Institute of Technology Sikkim
Ravangla, South Sikkim – 737 139
- A scan-copy of the complete application form with all other self-attested supporting documents and demand draft as a single .pdf file must have to reach through email to email@example.com
- Candidates applying for more than one programme in different departments have to apply on separate application forms, with separate Demand Draft of [rupee]. 500/-( [rupee].100/- for SC / ST ) for each programme.
- Incomplete applications or applications not received in time will not be considered.
- The Institute will not be responsible for any postal or other delay. It takes approximate 10 days for delivery at Ravangla through Speed Post.
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection will be based on written examination and / or interview. The names of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Institute website along with the detail schedule and venue of examination and / or interview.
- No separate letter will be sent by the Institute for attending the written test / interview. Candidates are advised to visit the Institute website www.nitsikkim.ac.in for regular updates. Names of short listed candidates shall also be displayed on the Notice Board of the Institute.
- Candidates who are appearing in qualifying degree in the academic year 2019, have to produce the Original Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute at the time of interview, failing which they will not be considered for written test and/or interview.
- Candidates appeared for final examination shall be provisionally considered for written examination and / or interview subject to the submission of their final marksheet of the qualifying examination (fulfilling minimum marks requirement as mentioned in section
- The candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of written examination and / or interview in original for verification and have to send the self attested hard-copies with the application form and scan-copy ( in a single .pdf file ) through email
- Valid Photo-ID proof
- Marksheets and Degree Certificates of all qualifications / degrees starting from class 10th or equivalent.
- Character Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution / Department last attended.
- OBC / SC / ST / PD certificate, if applicable.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Statement of Purpose indicating the area and type of research work proposed to be carried out.
- GATE / NET qualification certificate
- Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Department / Institute for candidates appearing for final examination of the qualifying degree.
- Re-print of research publications ( 1st page only ), if any
- Any other information related to eligibility
- Fellowship/Scholarship award certificate ( for FT02 only )
- Certificate of sponsorship ( for PT01 only )
- No Objection Certificate from employer for one semester residential stay at NIT Sikkim, otherwise application may be rejected ( for PT01 only ).
- Experience Certificate ( for PT01 only )
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission Important Date 2019
|S.NO||Events||Dates ( Tentative )|
|1||NIT Sikkim PhD Entrance Exam Last date||May, 2019|
National Institute of Technology Sikkim,
Sikkim – 737 139.
Telephone No : +91 8116298090 / 09564739395,
Fax No : +91 03595 260042,
Website : www.nitsikkim.ac.in.