National Insttitute of Open Schooling – NIOS Admission 2017
National Institute of Open Schooling invites application for admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary Courses.
- Admission : You can take admission Online under various streams or through Study Centres at Secondary and Senior Secondary levels.
NOIS Examination :
- The Public Examinations are held twice in a year.
- Nine examination chances are offered to a learner in five years.
- A learner can take any examination during this period as and when he / she is well prepared and can avail the facility of credit accumulation.
NIOS On Demand Examination :
- A learner can also appear under the On-Demand Examination System ( ODES ) of NIOS at the Secondary and the Senior Secondary levels at the NIOS Headquarter, NOIDA at the Regional Centres of NIOS, and at 43 Kendriya Vidyalayas across India. A learner is eligible for On Demand Examination after first public examination.
NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017
- Secondary ( Class X ) : 14 years as on 31st July, 2017. Class VIII passed or self certificate ( as prescribed in the admission form ).
- Senior Secondary ( Class XII ) : 15th years as on 31st July, 2017. Secondary ( Class X ) passed from any recognized board.
NIOS Secondary ans Senior Secondary Levels Entry Requirements
|Requirement||Secondary Course||Senior Secondary Course|
|Online Admission Ist Block||14 years as on 31st July, 2017 ( born on or before 31st July,2003 )||15 years as on 31st July 2017 ( born on or before 31st July, 2002 )|
|Online Admission IIst Block||14 years as on 31st January 2018 ( born on or before 31st January, 2004 )||15 years as on 31st January 2018 ( born on or before 31st January, 2003 )|
|Essential Supporting Documents||(i) Attested copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or District Office of the Registrar of Birth and Deaths for those born on or after 26.01.1989. OR(ii) Attested copy of Passport Issued by Govt. of India OR(iii) Original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate showing applicant's date of birth, issued by the last school attended by the applicant. In case of Govt. schools, the transfer certificate/ school leaving certificate should be signed by the Principal while in the case of Private schools, it should also be countersigned by the competent education authority of State/or District Education Officer. OR(iv) Attested copy of Aadhaar Card issued by the Agency of Govt. of India.||Attested copy of the Certificate of Matriculation / Secondary Examination having a record of the Date of Birth. ( No other proof of age will be accepted for Sr. Secondary admission ).|
|Notei) In case of Orphan / Juvenile / Street Children, the Medical Legal Certificate alongwith affidavit issued by Ist class Magistrate or copy of Aadhaar Card may be provided as proof of Date of Birth(ii) Date of birth once given in the Admission Form shall not be changed. Please check and state the correct date of birth in Admission Form.|
|Minimum Educational Qualifications||Certificate of Class VIII pass, orSelf Certificate ( as mentioned at the back of Admission Form )||Copy of the Certificate of the Secondary Examination passed from a recognised Board of Secondary Education, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer|
Certification of Criteria
|Course||Pass Criteria in a Subject||Certification Criteria|
|Secondary Course ( Class X )||A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate ( Theory plus practical wherever applicable ) in the Public Examination. The marks obtained in Internal Assessment will be shown separately in the Mark Sheet.||Pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.|
|Senior Secondary Course ( Class XII )||A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate as well as separately in theory and practical’s in the Public Examination. The marks obtained in Internal Assessment will be shown separately in the Mark Sheet.||Pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.|
Choice in Medium of Instructions
- NIOS offers its courses mainly in Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Telugu, Gujarati, Malayalam, Tamil and Odia mediums at the Secondary stage.
- Secondary Course : At Secondary level, the course is offered in Regional Mediums also besides these mediums. The choice of medium is also available in Write Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Telugu, Gujarati, Malayalam, Odia and Tamil Medium in the box provided
- Sr. Secondary Course : At Sr. Secondary level, the course is offered only Hindi, English, Urdu, Odia, Bengali and Gujarati Medium in the box provided.
NIOS Medium for Exam
- The question paper is bilingual ( Hindi & English ) in Secondary and Sr. Secondary for learners opted for Hindi / English medium of study.
- However, learners are free to write their answer in any of the scheduled language.
- These instructions are also given in the examination instructions of Answer Sheet.
- For learners opted for Regional mediums or Urdu as medium of study, they will get the question paper in the respective medium only.
- For example, for Medical course, various institutes will expect you to have passed with a combination of Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Bio-technology or any other two as languages.
- The learners who wish to join formal School Board in class XI after passing NIOS examination of class X may opt for subjects combinations ( in 5 or 6 subjects as the case may be ) which are acceptable in class XI by such formal School Board, without prejudice to the rights of NIOS.
NIOS Salient Features
- NIOS admission valid for five years freedom to choose NIOS study centre choice of subject, transfer of credits ( up to two subjects passed from selected recognized boards and upto four subjects if passed through NIOS ), credit accumulation on demand examination, etc.
- Students can also take admission in off-line mode through the nearby NIOS accredited institutions ( AIs ) / Regional centres / sub – centres.
NIOS Fee Structure for Online Learners
Fee Structure (Without Late Fee) for Stream 1 of Online Admission :
|Course||General Category||Exempted Category*||TOC Fee|
|Male||Female||SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities ( PWD )|
|Secondary Course(i) for 5 subjects(ii) for each additional subject||Rs.1485/-Rs.600/-||Rs.1210/-Rs.600/-||Rs.990/-Rs.600/-||Rs 150/- Per Subject|
|Senior Secondary Course(i) for 5 Subjects(ii) for each additional subject||Rs.1650/-Rs.600/-||Rs.1375/-Rs.600/-||Rs.1075/-Rs.600/-||Rs.150/- Per Subject|
In addition to above Fee, 50/- ( Rs. Fifty Only ) will be added as cost of online Application Form.
How to Pay the Fee
Fees for NIOS On – line Admission :
- The fee can be deposited On-line through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
- Through Bank Draft of any nationalised bank only in favour of Secretary, NIOS payable at respective Regional Centre of NIOS as per Appendix-B in case of Streams-1 & 2 and payable at NOIDA only in case of Streams-3 and 4 received within a week of Online registration.
Supporting Documents required form the Exempted Categories
- SC / ST candidates : Copy of certificate issued by the Deputy Commissioner, or Magistrate or Commissioner SC/ST duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Ex – servicemen : A certificate from the Employer in original or duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Differently – abled persons : A certificate in original from a Govt. Hospital, and not from a private nursing home, clearly indicating nature and extent of disability.
Important dates for NIOS Admission 2017
- A learner seeking admission through Stream-1 in Block I and Block II in 2017-18 can appear first time only in April-May and October-November Examinations respectively in the year 2018.
A – 24 / 25, Institutional Area,
Sector – 62, Noida – 201 309,
Gautam Budh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh, India,
Email : email@example.com,
Toll Free Number : 1800 180 9393,
Website : www.nios.ac.in.