National Institute of Open Schooling – NIOS AdmissionAdmission Notification »
NIOS Admission 2019
National Institute of Open Schooling invites application for admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary Courses for the academic session 2019 – 2020.
NIOS Admission Eligibility 2018
- The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years as on 31st January, 2019 ( born on or before 31st January, 2005 )
- A learner who has passed class VIII and has valid proof of attaining 14 years of age can apply for registration to the Secondary Course.
- A learner giving a self – certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is also eligible for admission to the Secondary Course.
- A learner who had studied at the secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
- The minimum age to take admission in the Senior Secondary Course is 15 years as on 31st January, 2019 ( born on or before 31st January, 2004 )
- In order to take admission in the Senior Secondary course, the learner must have passed the Secondary course from a recognised Board.
NIOS Admission Application Form 2019
NIOS admission application form is available in the official website http://sdmis.nios.ac.in.
How to apply
- After successful submission of Online Application Form for Admission to Stream 1 Block 1, Candidate will get a confirmation on Candidate’s email address and Mobile Number submitted during registration process.
- Candidate can make the Payment during the registration process or Candidate can also make the payment later by login into Student Panel using the user name and password sent to Candidate in Candidate’s email.
- After successful payment of the Admission fee, Candidate will be communicated through email with payment receipt. Candidate can also print / download Candidate’s payment receipt and Candidate’s Application Form from Candidate’s dashboard after login.
- Study Material / Books from NIOS will be sent to Candidate within 15 working days after receipt of the payment to NIOS. Candidate don’t have to make any additional payment to the postal department or the postman handing over the Study Material / Books to Candidate. Candidate’s will be able to see the Tracking ID of Candidate’s study material.
- If required by NIOS management or if any discrepancy is found in the submitted online application form, Candidate may have to submit the printed application form along with the documents and photograph which will be communicated to Candidate through email and SMS.
- After successful verification of the required documents / photo uploaded during registration, Candidate will get a confirmation on Candidate’s email address and Mobile Number along with the Enrolment Number.
- Candidate will be able to print / download Candidate’s Identity Card ( ID Card ) from Candidate’s dashboard after login only after the admission is confirmed and the Enrolment Number is generated.
Supporting Documents required
The learner has to be ready with the Scanned copy / soft copy ( jpg, jpeg files ) of the given below documents which will be required to be uploaded while registering for the Admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary courses
- Recent Passport size color Photograph
- Signature ( preferably in Black Ink )
- Valid identity proof ( like Aadhaar Card or Passport or Ration card or etc. )
- Valid proof of Date of Birth ( like Aadhaar Card with date of birth printed on it in the dd / mm / yyyy format, Birth Certificate etc. )
- A valid proof of Residence ( like Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, valid Passport etc. ).
- Address proof i.e. Aadhaar Card / Water Bill / Electricity Bill / Voter ID / Ration Card / Indian
Passport / Statement of Operational Bank Account / Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement
- Class 8th marksheet ( in case of secondary course ) or class 10th marksheet ( in case of senior secondary course )
- Social category / Caste certificate ( in case the learner belongs to SC / ST / OBC social category ).o Ex-serviceman certificate ( in case he / she is an Ex-serviceman )
- Disability certificate ( in case he / she is having any kind of disability )
- Fail Mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit ( TOC ) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If TOC Board marked with ( *Other ) is selected then the Result should be available on the Concerned Board Website or Learner has to submit result verification letter from Concerned Board as per NIOS norms
- After reading the instructions click on the “Register” button in the Stream 1 block 1 section. This will display some other important instructions and a declaration. Read the instructions / declaration and then click on Proceed. The learner can click on Cancel button if he / she does not want to continue the process.
NIOS Admission Important Dates 2019
|Block - 1|
|1||Date of NIOS Examination||April / May, 2019|
|2||Date of NIOS admission block - I ( without late fee )||16th march - 31st july, 2018|
|3||Date of NIOS admission block ( with late fee of ₹ 200/- )||1st August - 15th August, 2018|
|4||Date of NIOS admission block ( with late fee of ₹ 400/- )||16th August - 31st August, 2018|
|5||Date of NIOS admission block ( with late fee of ₹ 700/- )||1st September - 15th September, 2018|
|Block - II|
|6||Date of NIOS Examination||October / November, 2019|
|7||Date of NIOS admission block - I ( without late fee )||16th September, 2018 to 31st January, 2019|
|8||Date of NIOS admission block ( with late fee of ₹ 200/- )||1st February, 2019 to 15th February, 2019|
|9||Date of NIOS admission block ( with late fee of ₹ 400/- )||16th February, 2019 to 28th February, 2019|
|10||Date of NIOS admission block ( with late fee of ₹ 700/- )||1st March, 2019 to 15th March, 2019|
National Institute of Open Schooling,
A – 24 / 25, Institutional Area,
Sector – 62, Noida – 201 309,
Gautam Budh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh, India,
Toll Free Number : 1800 180 9393,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : http://sdmis.nios.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.