National Institute of Open Schooling – NIOS Admission 2013
National Institute of Open Schooling – NIOS Admission 2013
A – 24 / 25, Institutional Area,
Sector – 62, Noida – 201 309,
Gautam Budh Nagar,
Uttar Pradesh, India,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Toll Free Number : 1800 – 180 – 9393,
Website : www.nios.ac.in.
National Institute of Open Schooling invites application for admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary Courses.
- Admission : You can take admission Online under various streams or through Study Centres at Secondary and Senior Secondary levels.
NOIS Examination :
- Public Examinations are held twice a year.
- Nine examination chances are offered in five years.
- You can take any examination during this period when you are well prepared and avail the facility of credit accumulation also.
NIOS On Demand Examination :
- You can also appear in the On-Demand Examination ( ODES ) of NIOS at Secondary and Senior Secondary levels at the Headquarter at NOIDA and All Regional Centres as and when you are ready for the examination after first public examination.
NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
- Secondary ( Class X ) : 14 years as on 31st January, 2013. Class VIII passed or self certificate ( as prescribed in the admission form ).
- Senior Secondary ( Class XII ) : 15th years as on 31st January, 2013. Secondary ( Class X ) passed from any recognized board.
NIOS Secondary and Senior Secondary levels Entry Requirements :
Senior Secondary Course
|Online Admission Ist Block||01st March, 2013 to 31st August, 2013||14 years as on 31st July, 2013 ( born on or before 31st July, 1999 )||15 years as on 31st July, 2013 ( born on or before 31st July, 1998 )|
|Online Admission IIst Block||01st September, 2013 to 28th February, 2014||14 years as on 31st January, 2014 ( born on or before 31st January, 2000 )||15 years as on 31st January, 2014 ( born on or before 31st January, 1999 )|
|(i) Attested copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or District Office of the Registrar of Birth and Deaths for all born on or after 26th January, 1989. OR|
(ii) Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate showing applicant's date of birth, issued by the last school attended by the applicant. In case of Govt. schools the transfer certificate / school leaving certificate should be signed by the Principal while in the
case of Private schools it should also be countersigned by the competent education authority of State / or District Education Officer.
|Attested copy of the Certificate of Matriculation / Secondary Examination
having a record of the Date of Birth. ( No other proof of age will be accepted for Sr. Secondary admission ).
(i) In case of Orphan / Juvenile / Street Children, the Medical Legal Certificate may be provided as proof of Date of Birth.
(ii) Date of birth once given in the Admission Form will not be changed. Please check and state the correct date of birth.
|Minimum Educational Qualifications||Certificate of Class VIII passed, or Self Certificate ( as mentioned at the back of Admission Form )||Copy of the Certificate of the Secondary Examination passed from a recognised Board of Secondary Education duly attested by a Gazetted Officer|
Certification of Criteria
Pass Criteria in a subject
|Secondary Course ( Class X )||A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate ( Theory plus practical wherever applicable ) in the public examination. The marks obtained in TMA will be shown separately in the marksheet.||Pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.|
|Senior Secondary Course ( Class XII )||A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate as well as separately in theory and practicals in the public examination. The marks obtained in TMA will be shown separately in the marksheet.||Pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages.|
Choice in Medium of Instructions :
- NIOS offers its courses mainly in English, Hindi and Urdu mediums.
- Secondary Course : At Secondary level, the course is offered in Regional Mediums also besides these mediums. The choice of medium is also available in Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam and Oriya in addition to English, Hindi and Urdu mediums.
- Sr. Secondary Course : At Sr. Secondary level, the course is offered only English, Hindi and Urdu mediums. The learner is free to choose any one of these mediums for studies.
NIOS Medium for Exam :
- The question paper is bilingual ( Hindi & English ) in Secondary and Sr. Secondary for learners opted for Hindi / English medium of study.
- However, learners are free to write their answer in any of the scheduled language.
- These instructions are also given in the examination instructions of Answer Sheet.
- For learners opted for Regional mediums or Urdu as medium of study, they will get the question paper in the respective medium only.
- For example, for medical course, various institutes will expect you to have passed with a combination of Chemistry, Physics and Biology along with two languages.
- The learners who wish to join formal school board in class XI after passing NIOS examination of class X may opt for subjects combinations ( in 5 or 6 subjects as the case may be ) which are acceptable in class XI by such formal school Board, without prejudice to the rights of NIOS.
NIOS Salient Features :
- NIOS admission valid for five years freedom to choose NIOS study centre choice of subject, transfer of credits ( up to two subjects passed from selected recognized boards and upto four subjects if passed through NIOS ), credit accumulation on demand examination, etc.
- Students can also take admission in off-line mode through the nearby NIOS accredited institutions ( AIs ) / Regional centres / sub – centres.
NIOS Fee Structure for Online Learners :
Secondary / Senior Secondary ( under Stream 2 ) online admission :
- Registration Fee 250/-.
- Exam Fee : 150/- per subject for Theory Additional 70/- for practical per subject TOC Fee 100/- per subject.
Secondary (under Stream 3) online admission :
- Registration fee : 250/-.
- Exam Fee : 250/- per subject for theory additional 100/- practical per subject.
- TOC Fee : 100/-
- In addition to above fee 30/- will be added as cost of NIOS admission online application.
How to Pay the Fee :
Fees for NIOS On – line Admission :
- The fee can be deposited On-line through Credit Card ( Master / Visa ) Debit Card ( visa only of select banks ).
- Through Bank Draft of any nationalised bank only in favour of “Secretary, NIOS”, payable at respective Regional Centres of NIOS as per Appendix-D in case of Stream-1 and 2 and payable at Noida only incase of Stream-3 and 4 received within a week of Online registration.
- The required admission fee can be deposited through challan, which is available on NIOS website and also at all the branches of Indian Bank and Union Bank.
- Bank branch will collect fee and return two copies of bank challan after issuance of acknowledgement and putting a unique number on to the bank challan receipt.
- The bank will charge 6/- per student for this facility.
Supporting Documents required from the Exempted Categories :
- SC / ST candidates : Copy of certificate issued by the Deputy Commissioner, Magistrate or Commissioner SC / ST duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Ex – servicemen : A certificate from the Employer.
- Differently – abled persons : A certificate from a Government Hospital, and not from a private nursing home, clearly indicating nature and extent of disability.
Provision for registration with consolidated late fee :
- After the prescribed dates, you still have the opportunity to register yourself by paying the requisite examination fee along with consolidated late fee of 800/-.
Important Dates for NIOS Admission 2013 :
- Online NIOS admission ( 01st block ) : 01st March, 2013 to 31st August, 2013.
- Online NIOS admission ( 2nd block ) : 01st September, 2013 to 28th February, 2014.
- First PCP will start on 1st Sunday of October i.e., 6th October 2013 at 09.30 a.m.
- For 1st Block of admission and on 1st Sunday of April i.e., 6th April, 2014 at 09.30 a.m. for IInd Block of admission respectively at your AI and thereafter on every Saturday and Sunday as per the time table prepared by the Study Centre.
For April – May Examination :
- Without late fee : 01st December 2013 to 31st December, 2013.
- With late fee of 50/- per subject : 01st January, 2014 to 10th January, 2014.
For October-November Examination :
- With late fee : 01st June, 2014 to 30th June, 2014.
- With late fee of 50/- per subject : 01st July, 2014 to 10th July, 2014.
National Institute of Open Schooling NIOS offers Secondary and Senior Secondary courses – NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria – National Institute of Open Schooling Salient Features – NIOS Medium for Exam – NIOS Fee Structure for Online Learners – How to Pay the Fee – NIOS Admission Application Form – NIOS Admission Important Dates
Admission Notification Related : NIOS Admission Noida, Online Admission NIOS Noida, NIOS Notification 2013, National Institute of Open Schooling – NIOS Admission 2013, NIOS Admission Process, NIOS Registration for October 2013, NIOS Registration Fees, Class 10 Admission in NIOS 2013, NIOS Admission Application Form, NIOS Prospectus 2013 pdf, NIOS Admission 2013 Application Last Date, NIOS Prospectus 2013-14 Download, NIOS Application Form 2013, NIOS Admission Form 2013 Last Date, NIOS Fee Structure 2013, NIOS Submission of Admission Application 2013, NIOS Entrance Exam, How to get Application 2013 in NIOS, NIOS Admission Qualification 2013, NIOS Admission Application Fee 2013, How to Apply Admission in NIOS, NIOS Prospectus 2013, Admission 2013, Online Application Form 2013 in NIOS, Latest Admission News, Admission Alerts, Latest Admission Updation, Admission Details, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for national institute of open schooling – nios admission 2013 by Saravanan