- School of Biological Sciences.
- School of Chemical Sciences.
- School of Physical Sciences.
- School of Mathematical Sciences.
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
NISER PhD Eligibility 2016
1. Age : Not more than 28 years on 1st April 2016 ( Born on / after 2nd April, 1988 ).
2. Educational Qualification :
|Stream||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
|Biological Sciences||60% in Masters in any branches of Biology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Sciences, Computer Sciences and Bioinformatics. Students with Masters in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with an interest in pursuing a research career in life sciences are also encouraged to apply|
|Chemical Sciences||60% in Masters in Chemistry or allied fields. Student with masters in any branches of Natural or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing career in Chemistry.|
|Physical Sciences||60% or equivalent GPA cumulatively till the last year/semester examination appeared in M.Sc majoring in Physics OR M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics.|
|Mathematical Sciences||60% in Masters in Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||60% in Masters in Social Sciences and allied disciplines|
3. Candidates should have qualified the CSIR-UGC NET / GATE / GPAT / JEST / NBHM / INSPIRE ( Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme ) / JGEEBILS or any other equivalent national level examination, valid for the current year in the relevant area of research.
4. UGC-CSIR or any other JRF qualified candidates have to avail the fellowship directly from that organization whereas, students selected for Ph.D. program based on GATE / GPAT / JEST or any other scores, are eligible for fellowship from NISER, Bhubaneswar, if selected.
5. The scholarship given by NISER is ₹ 25,000/- for first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to ₹28,000/- for remaining three years, subject to the condition that he / she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
NISER PhD Selection Procedure 2016
The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written test, if necessary, for the admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute / venue of the Test and Interview. They have to produce evidence ( railway ticket ) in support of their claim.
How to Apply for NISER PhD 2016
- The NISER PhD application form has to be filled up online at www.niser.ac.in and candidates should follow stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents in favor of eligibility criteria as a single pdf file ( maximum upload limit 2MB ).
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up online application forms for each school and submit separate forms with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with signature of the referee on the envelope should be produced at the time of interview.
- NISER does not demand any entrance fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D program.
During online submission, you will need to have the following ready with you for uploading;
- JPEG file of your passport size photo
- JPEG file of your valid signatures
- Single ‘pdf’ file (not exceeding 2MB; use scan-to-PDF and add pages until done) containing soft copies of the following documents / certificates:
- 10th / matriculation certificate in support of date of birth.
- Certificate in support of category claimed under Sl. No. 2 of the application, only if applicable.
- Certificate in support of passing qualifying examination i.e Master’s degree.
- Certificate (s) / document (s) in support of qualifying national level examination (s) viz. CSIRUGC NET / GATE / GPAT / JEST / NBHM / INSPIRE ( Doctoral fellowship under AORC Scheme ) / JGEEBILS or any other.
NISER PhD Admission Important dates 2016
|Online application process starts||1st March, 2016 ( Tuesday )|
|Last date for filling up online application||1st April, 2016 ( Friday )|
|List of short-listed candidates will be uploaded on NISER website latest by||15th April, 2016|
|Tentative dates for test / interview, at Jatni campus are as follows :|
|School of Mathematical Sciences||05th – 06th May, 2016|
|School of Biological Sciences:||19th – 20th May, 2016|
|School of Chemical Sciences||24th – 25th May, 2016|
|School of Physical Sciences:||01st – 02nd June, 2016|
|School of Humanities and Social Sciences||06th – 07th June, 2016|
|The registration will be done on||25th July, 2016 ( Monday )|
Contact Address :
National Institute of Science Education and Research ( NISER ),
PO : Bhimpur-Padanpur, Via: Jatni, Dist: Khurda – 752 050
Phone : 0674-2494013,
Fax : 0674-2494004,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.niser.ac.in.
NISER PhD Apply online : http://www.niser.ac.in/phd-online/phd-reg-login.php