National Institute of Technology Calicut – NITC Admission 2019
Important : NITC Admission will be based on JEE ( Main ) 2019
NITC Admission 2019
National Institute of Technology Calicut invites admission applications from eligible candidates for BArch and BTech programs for the academic session 2019.
NITC Admission 2019 Eligibility
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has notified following two changes in the JEE pattern from 2018.
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE ( Main ) examination,
- For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs / NITs / IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE ( Advanced ) / JEE ( Main ) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC / ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE ( Main ) system, however, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE ( Main )–2019 application form online. The Paper-1 ( B. E. / B. Tech. ) of JEE ( Main ) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE ( Advanced ), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
NITC Admission 2019 Seats
- A limited number of seats ( 15% seats on supernumerary basis ) are available for Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian origin ( PIOs ) / Non-Resident Indians ( NRIs ) / Overseas Citizens of India ( OCI ) under the ‘Direct Admission of Students Abroad ( DASA )’ Scheme of MHRD, Government of India. 1/3rd of the 15% DASA seats are reserved for the Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries ( CIWG ). Those seeking admission under the DASA / CIWG scheme may visit the DASA website for more information.
- In addition to the above, a few seats are offered exclusively to foreign nationals under the ‘Foreign Nationals Scheme’. Candidates to these seats are nominated by the Ministry of External Affairs ( MEA ), Govt. of India and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations ( ICCR ).
- One seat each in B.Arch and all the nine branches of B.Tech are offered for overseas students under the ‘Study in India’ Programme of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. Interested candidates can apply through the ‘Study in India’ portal.
NITC Admission 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- The online registration and choice filling process of the eligible candidates, for the year 2019, will commence at the website of the Joint Seat Allocation Authority ( JoSAA ) https://josaa.nic.in.
- There is no need to apply separately to each NIT. Joint Seat Allocation Authority ( JoSAA-2019 ), constituted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development ( MHRD ), Government of India, comprising of the Central Seat Allocation Board ( CSAB-2019 ) and the Joint Admission Board ( JAB-2019 ) will conduct and supervise the admission process of candidates to various NITs through centralized online counseling process.
NITC Admission 2019 Selection Process
- Admission to B. Tech. and B. Arch. degree programmes at NIT Calicut for the year 2019 will be based on the performance in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE ( Main )-2019.
- For information on JEE ( Main )-2019, visit www.jeemain.nic.in.
NITC Admission 2019 Important Dates
|1||NITC Online application form starts from||June, 2019|
|2||NITC online application closes on||June, 2019|
JEE 2019 Dates
|First Attempt||Second Attempt|
|1||On-line submission of Application Form||01st - 30th September, 2018||08th February - 07th March, 2019|
|2||Date for successful final transaction of fee||01st September - 01st October, 2018||08th February - 08th March, 2019|
|3||Dates of Examination||06th - 20th January, 2019||06th - 20th April, 2019|
|4||Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||31st January, 2019||30th April, 2019|
National Institute of Technology Calicut,
NIT Campus P.O,
Calicut – 673 601,
Contact No : 0495 – 2286118,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nitc.ac.in.