National Institute of Technology Hamirpur PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur PhD Admission 2019
National Institute of Technology invites admission application for Ph.D. ( Full Time / Part Time / Off Campus ) for the Academic Session 2019
NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission Courses 2019
Ph.D Department / Centre
- Civil Engineering ( CE )
- Computer Science & Engineering ( CSE )
- Electronics & Communication Engineering ( E&CE )
- Electrical Engineering ( EE )
- Mechanical Engineering ( ME )
- Chemical Engineering ( CE )
- Management & Humanities ( M & H )
- Centre for Energy and Environmental Engineering ( CEEE )
- Centre for Material Science & Engineering ( CMSE )
NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
Ph.D. in Engineering / Architecture ( including Centres )
- The applicant must have a Master Degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture in appropriate discipline with CGPI of 6.5 on a 10 – point scale ( or equivalent ) or 60% marks in case of Open / OBC candidates in qualifying degree. Whereas in case of SC / ST candidates a CGPI of 6.0 on a 10 – point scale ( or equivalent ) or 55% marks in qualifying degree will be applicable.
Ph.D. in Sciences
- The applicant must have a master degree in relevant science subject with CGPI of 6.5 on a 10 – point scale ( or equivalent ) or 60% marks in case of Open / OBC candidates in qualifying degree. Whereas in case of SC / ST candidates a CGPI of 6.0 on a 10 – point scale ( or equivalent ) or 55% marks in qualifying degree will be applicable. Besides this, candidates having valid GATE Score / NET are only eligible for Stage – I.
Ph.D. in Management & Humanities
- The applicant must have a master degree in appropriate discipline with CGPI of 6.5 on a 10 – point scale ( or equivalent ) or 60% marks in case of Open / OBC candidates in qualifying degree. Whereas in case of SC / ST candidates a CGPI of 6.0 on a 10 – point scale ( or equivalent ) or 55% marks in qualifying degree will be applicable. Besides this, candidates having valid NET / GATE Score are only eligible for Stage – 1.
NIT Hamirpur PhD Application Form 2017
- The applicants are required to submit their Ph.D. application only through online system available at link Ph.D. Admissions on Institute website: http://www.nith.ac.in/. No other means of application shall be allowed.
- Application fee of ₹1200/- for Open / OBC and ₹600/- for SC / ST is to be paid online through SBI Collect· ( https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect ). If an applicant is applying for more than one department/centre, he/she has to pay separate fee alongwith each application.
- Before starting the online filling process, the candidates must have soft copy of passport size photograph· and scanned copy of signature ( both in JPEG format ) and must have paid application fee online through SBI Collect.
NIT Hamirpur PhD Selection Procedure 2019
The selection process for admission to Ph.D. programme shall be in two stages :
Stage – I:
- The syllabi for the test will be as per GATE/NET examination in the respective subjects. The test shall be of 90 minutes duration for 60 marks consisting of multiple cho ice questions in the relevant discipline. The minimum qualifying marks for appearing in Stage-II will be 50% in the screening test.
- The candidates who are having valid JRF certificates from the funding agencies of Govt. of India such as UGC, CSIR, DST-INSPIRE, etc. and are willing to join NIT Hamirpur as full time Ph.D. candidates are exempted from the screening test and will directly qualify to Stage-II.
Stage – II
- The candidates who qualify to Stage-II shall appear for interview and presentation on before the duly constituted Departmental Selection Committee ( DSC ) of respective Department / Centre. The presentation should be brief and clear ( around 5-10 minutes ) highlighting the basic idea of proposed research. The presentation must broadly include
- The topic / subject of the proposed research work.
- An outline containing introduction to the subject, international / national importance, broad objectives, scope and methodology of research work with relevant literature review.
- On approval by the Chairman, Senate, the Head of the Department/Centre will issue the admission letters to the selected candidates, who will be required to accept the offer of admission by depositing the prescribed fee and submission of required documents / certificates
- Candidates who are still pursuing qualifying degree for eligibility are required to appear for thesis vivavoce examination before the date of online screening test and are required to produce course completion certificate from head of the institution last attended at the time of interview / presentation. Such candidates will be provisionally admitted and are required to produce the provisional degree certificate. The admission shall only be confirmed on production of all relevant documents/certificates and fulfilling the eligibility criteria listed in Section 4 of this Information Brochure, failing which the admission shall automatically stand cancelled.
- In case, a candidate does not pay the prescribed fee by the specified deadline, the offer of admission may stand withdrawn.
NIT Hamirpur PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1.||Information brochure and online application form available on the Institute Website||June, 2019|
|2.||Last date for filling online application form||July, 2019|
|3.||Last date for receiving the summary sheet of application form alongwith DD in the office of the Dean ( Academic ), NIT Hamirpur ( HP )- 177005||July, 2019|
|4.||Screening Test of eligible Ph.D. applicants for Stage - I||August, 2019|
|5.||Interview and presentation of Ph.D. applicants who qualify for Stage - II||August, 2019|
|6.||Last date for depositing the fee and registration.||August, 2019|
National Institute Of Technology Hamirpur,
Pin 177 005,
Phone : +91-1972-254330
Fax : +91-1972-223834
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nith.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.