NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Admission 2018
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Science ( MSc ) Programs for academic sessions 2018 – 2019
Course Specializations 2018
- Computer Science
NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Admission Eligibility 2018
M.Sc. ( Chemistry & Physics )
- Candidates with valid JAM 2018 score are eligible to participate in Centralized Counselling for admission into M. Sc. and M. Sc. ( Tech. ) programme at 22 Participating Institutes ( PIs ) of CCMN 2018 [ 20 National Institute of Technology & 02 Centrally Funded Technical Institutes ].
- Candidates will only be permitted to apply for the programme in which they have the valid JAM 2018 Score.
- The merit list of the registered candidates is solely based on JAM 2018 score.
- However, in addition to the valid JAM 2018 score the candidates needs to satisfy the common eligibility criteria for counselling, which will be updated on this site shortly.
M.Sc. ( Computer Science )
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or 6.5 CGPA ( on a 10 – point scale ) in the qualifying degree examination for OC / OBC candidates [ 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA ( on a 10 – point scale ) for SC / ST / PWD candidates ].
- Those candidates who have appeared / are appearing for final semester / year examination, provisional admission is permitted provided their final marks are made available on or before 15th September, 2018.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute will not be considered / allowed.
- Any candidate admitted provisionally shall produce the provisional / degree certificate and all mark lists in original on or before 15th September, 2018. Else, their admission shall stand cancelled automatically. For such candidates refund will be made as per the norms applicable to the institute.
NIT Tiruchirappalli 2018 MSc Application Form
How to apply
- The online application can be filled through the link www.nitt.edu.
- Application should be submitted through online only by filling the required details.
- The OBC / SC / ST / PwD candidates should upload the scanned copy of the respective original certificate ( s ).
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Before filling the online application form, the candidate needs to pay the registration fee ( 500/- for OC / OBC and 200/- for SC / ST / PWD candidates ) through State Bank Collect ( SB Collect ) during the specified period.
- The link for SB Collect payment is www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=88587.
- Payment in any other mode will not be accepted.
- The state bank collect transaction number for the payment of registration fee should be entered in the online application form.
- The registration fee is non – refundable.
NIT Tiruchirappalli 2018 MSc Selection Process
- Selection will be based on the marks obtained in entrance test conducted by NITT.
- The entrance test for the M.Sc.( Computer Science ) programme will be conducted on 17th June, 2018 from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. at NIT Tiruchirappalli.
- Admit card for entrance test will be generated to the eligible candidates well before the date of entrance test and also the eligible candidates list for the entrance test will be displayed in www.nitt.edu.
Original Certificates to be produced at the time of Admission
- Admission Intimation letter received from NIT, Tiruchirappalli
- Degree / provisional certificate
- Consolidated Grade or mark sheet of qualifying degree examinations
- Course completion / Bonafide certificate for result awaiting candidates
- Transfer certificate issued by the institute last studied
- Migration certificate
- OBC certificate issued on or after 01st April, 2018 by the competent authority, if applicable
- SC / ST certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable
- Certificate for PWD candidates issued by the Medical Board notified under PWD Act.
Important Dates for NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Admission 2018
MSc ( Computer Science )
|1||Last date for payment of registration fee and submission of online application form by the candidate||04th June, 2018|
|2||Date of Entrance Test||17th June, 2018|
|3||Announcement of results for M.Sc. ( Computer Science ) through NITT website||22nd June, 2018|
M.Sc. ( Chemistry & Physics )
|1||Last date of Online Registration||23rd May, 2018|
|2||Last date for payment of Registration Fee||24th May, 2018|
|3||Last date for Choice Filling||01st June, 2018|
National Institute of Technology,
Tell Phone No : +91-431-2503000 / 2504000
Fax No : +91-431-2500133
Website : www.nitt.edu