NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Admission 2017-18
National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Master of Science ( MSc ) Programs for academic sessions 2017 – 2018
NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Course Specializations 2017
- Computer Science
NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Admission Eligibility 2017
M.Sc. ( Chemistry )
B.Sc. Chemistry with Mathematics as one of the ancillary subjects.
M.Sc. ( Computer Science )
- B.Sc. ( Computer Science ) / B.Sc. ( Information Technology ) / B.C.A.
- B.Sc. ( Applied Sciences ) with Mathematics and Computer Science ( 10+2+3 scheme ) from a recognized university.
- Any Bachelor’s degree in science (10+2+3) from a recognized university with at least 6 papers in Computer Science and 2 papers in Mathematics under semester system or at least 3 papers in Computer Science and 1 paper in Mathematics under Annual System.
M.Sc. ( Physics )
- B.Sc. ( Physics / Applied Physics / Applied Sciences ).
- B.S. ( Physics) B.Sc. Hons. ( Physics ).
- B.Sc.Ed. ( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics ).
Candidates who have already passed their qualifying degree examination or who have appeared / are appearing for the final semester / year examination in 2017 are eligible to apply.There is no stipend for the candidates admitted to M.Sc. programs.
Candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or 6.5 CGPA ( on a 10 – point scale ) in the qualifying degree examination for OC / OBC / OCPWD / OBCPWD candidates [ 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA ( on a 10 – point scale ) for SC / ST / SCPWD / STPWD candidates ] for admission to all M.Sc. programs.
Those candidates who have appeared / are appearing for final semester / year examination, provisional admission is permitted provided their final marks are made available on or before 15th September, 2017.Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual institute will not be considered / allowed.
Any candidate admitted provisionally shall produce the provisional / degree certificate and all mark lists in original on or before 15th September, 2017. Else, their admission shall stand cancelled automatically. For such candidates refund will be made as per the norms applicable to the institute.
NIT Tiruchirappalli 2017 MSc Application Process
Application form and information brochure can be downloaded from www.nitt.edu. Candidates can apply only through the downloaded application form. The duly filled-in application form should be accompanied with attested copies of the following certificates
- All Mark lists,
- Transfer certificate
- Degree / Provisional certificate ( Course Completion / Bonafied certificate from the Head of the Institution where he / she last studied for result awaiting candidates ),
- Community certificate ( if applicable ),
- PWD certificate ( if applicable ) and
- The registration fee is 500/- for OC / OBC and 200/- for SC / ST / PWD candidates. The payment should be made only through State Bank Collect ( SB Collect ). The link for SB Collect payment is https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=88587
The candidate needs to pay the registration fee before filling the application form. Application forms completed in all respects along with the printout of the registration fee payment proof should reach before 5:00 p.m on or before 17th May, 2017 in a sealed cover super-scribing “Application for M.Sc. Programme” by registered post or speed post.
The Chairperson ( PG Admission ),
Office of the Dean( Academic ),
National Institute of Technology,
Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu
NIT Tiruchirappalli 2017 MSc Selection Procedure
- Selection will be based on the marks obtained in entrance test conducted by NITT and the qualifying degree examination marks.
- The entrance test for all the M.Sc. programmes will be conducted on 04th June, 2017 from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. at NIT Tiruchirappalli.
- Admit card will be sent to the eligible candidates well before the date of entrance test and also the eligible candidates list for the entrance test will be displayed in University website www.nitt.edu.
Original Certificates to be produced at the time of Admission
- Admission letter received from NIT, Tiruchirappalli
- Degree / provisional certificate
- Consolidated Grade or mark sheet of qualifying degree examinations
- Course completion / Bonafied certificate for result awaiting candidates
- Transfer certificate issued by the institute last studied
- Migration certificate
- OBC certificate issued on or after 1st April ,2017 by the competent authority, if applicable
- SC / ST certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable
- Certificate for PWD candidates issued by the Medical Board notified under PWD Act.
Important Dates for NIT Tiruchirappalli MSc Admission 2017
|1||Last date for payment of registration fee and submission |
of online application form by the candidate
|17th May, 2017|
|2||Date of Entrance Test||04th June, 2017|
|3||Announcement of results for all M.Sc. Programmes|
through NITT website
|14th June, 2017
( tentatively )
National Institute of Technology,
Tell Phone No : +91-431-2503000 / 2504000
Fax No : +91-431-2500133
Website : www.nitt.edu