National Institute of Technology – NIT Puducherry AdmissionAdmission Notification »
National Institute of Technology – NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019
National Institute of Technology, Puducherry invites applications from highly motivated research oriented students for admission to PhD Program ( full time / part time ) with the following disciplines for the January session 2019
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission Courses 2019
Ph.D. degree programme is offered in various departments as follows
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Science & Humanities ( Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry / English )
Area of Research
|S.No.||DEPARTMENT||AREAS OF RESEARCH
|1||Computer Science and Engineering||Networks and Security, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Steganography, Cheminformatics ( Interdisciplinary )|
|2||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Internet of Things, Wireless Networks, Remote sensing, Signal Processing, Microwave Engineering,|
|3||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Power System, Power Electronics, Renewable Energy System, Smart Grid, High Voltage Engineering, Electrical Drives and Control|
|4||Mechanical Engineering||Solar Energy, Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow|
|5||Chemistry||Nanomaterials, Polymers, & Electrochemistry|
|6||Civil Engineering||Structural Engineering|
|7||Mathematics||Optimization, Bio-mathematics, Fuzzy set theory, Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|8||Physics||Solid State Ionics, Materials for Energry conversion and Storage, Experimental condensed matter Physics|
|9||English||ELT, Linguistics, Soft Skills, Literary Studies|
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology or a Master’s degree by Research ( M.S. By Research ) in Engineering / Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks ( or ) CGPA of 6.5 / 10 in UG and in PG for admission under OC / OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC / ST candidates. Aggregate marks / CGPA, the standard in awarding the degree that the university follows will be taken for consideration. No conversion certificate is required.
Ph.D. Degree in Science & Humanities
- Candidates with First class Master’s degree in Sciences & Humanities in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks ( CGPA 6.5/10 ) in UG and in PG for OC / OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC / ST candidates. Aggregate marks / CGPA, the standard in awarding the degree that the university follows will be taken for consideration. No conversion certificate is required.
- A Valid NET / GATE / UGC / CSIR / SET Score is mandatory for all full time institute MHRD fellowship candidates.
- NET / GATE / UGC / CSIR / SET score is desirable for Part-Time and Full-Time ( Self Finance ) Ph.D. admission in Engineering, Science, and Humanities
- Final year PG students are eligible to apply provided that they should be able to submit the PG provisional degree certificate and the consolidated statement of grades at the time of admission.
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission Application Form 2019
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. programme must apply through online application portal available at www.nitpy.ac.in.
- A non-refundable application fee of [rupee] 1000/- ( [rupee] 500/- for SC / ST / PH ) has to be paid through SBI Collect, which is to mentioned in the application form.
- Dualy filled up application form along with self-attested photocopies of marksheets, degree certificates, community certificates, and the necessary enclosures should be send by post to the following address on or before 28th December, 2018.
‘The Academic Coordinator , National Institute of Technology’ Puducherry, Thiruvettakudy,
Karaikal –609 609
NIT PhD Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- The shortlisted candidates will be screened by written test and interview by the Departmental Selection Committee. Candidates with valid NET / GATE / UGC / CSIR / SET score are exempted from the written test. The list of candidates recommended by the Departmental Selection Committee is sent to the Director for approval.
- Selected candidates as approved by the Director will be offered to enroll to the Ph.D. programme by remitting the prescribed fees. The candidate should also remit fees every semester as prescribed by the institute failing which registration will be cancelled.
- Ordinarily, a candidate is not eligible for re-registration for Ph.D. after cancellation of his/her earlier registration for any reason. However, depending on the merits and considering any special circumstance of the individual case, a candidate may be considered for re-registration after Director’s approval.
NIT PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for submission of application form||28th December, 2018|
|2||Publication of Shortlisted candidates ( Institute Website )||05th January, 2019|
|3||Written test and interview||12th January, 2019 Reporting time at 8:30 AM|
|4||Publication of selected list of Candidate ( Institute Website )||16th January, 2019|
|5||Reporting date for Admission||21st January, 2019|
Arignar Anna Govt. Arts and Science College Campus,
Nehru Nagar, Karaikal,
Puducherry – 609 605, India,
Mobile No. : +91-9442421515,
Fax No. : +91-4368-231665,
E-mail : email@example.com,
Website : www.nitpy.ac.in.