National Institute of Technology Rourkela – NIT Rourkela Admission 2015
NIT Rourkela Admission 2015
National Institute of Technology,
Rourkela – 769 008,
Phone No. : 0661 – 2472050,
Fax : 0661 – 2462999,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nitrkl.ac.in
National Institute of Technology Rourkela Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. and M.Tech. ( Research ) Programs of the Institute with or without fellowship for Spring Semester 2015 – 16.
Program ( s ) being Offered
|Ph.D||M.Tech. ( Res )|
|Biotechnology and Medical Engineering ( BM )||Yes||No|
|Civil Engineering ( CE )||Yes||No|
|Chemical Engineering ( CH )||Yes||Yes|
|Ceramic Engineering ( CR )||Yes||Yes|
|Computer Science & Engineering ( CS )||Yes||No|
|Chemistry ( CY )||Yes||No|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering ( EC )||Yes||No|
|Electrical Engineering ( EE )||Yes||No|
|Earth and Atmospheric Science ( ER )||Yes||Yes|
|Food Process Engineering ( FP )||Yes||No|
|Humanities & Social Sciences ( HS )||Economics, Development Studies and Psychology areas only||No|
|Industrial Design ( ID )||Yes||No|
|Life Science ( LS )||Yes||No|
|Mathematics ( MA )||Yes||No|
|Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||Yes||No|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering ( MM )||Yes||Yes|
|Mining Engineering ( MN )||Yes||Yes|
|Planning and Architecture ( PA )||Yes||No|
|Physics ( PH )||Yes||Yes|
|School of Management ( SM )||Yes||No|
Note : Sponsored candidates may apply for PhD and MTech ( Research ) programs of any discipline.
NIT Rourkela Admission 2015 Eligibility
PhD Program :
The minimum qualification required for admission to PhD program in Engineering, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following :
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. ( or M.Sc. / B.Pharm / MCA ) and M.Tech. levels from a recognized technical Institute or University.
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharm / MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines.
- M.B.B.S. / B.V.Sc. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
Additionally candidates having the following qualification can also apply for Ph.D. in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences :
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com. /M. Sc. in Humanities, or Social Sciences or Management with 60 percent marks or 6.5 CGPA.
NIT Rourkela MTech ( Research ) Program :
The minimum qualification required for admission to M.Tech ( Research ) program in Engineering, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Science is one of the following :
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharm / MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60 percent marks in aggregate ( or 6.5 CGPA ).
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with 60 percent marks in aggregate ( or 6.5 CGPA ) in relevant disciplines.
- M.B.B.S. / B.V.Sc. with 60 percent marks in aggregate ( or 6.5 CGPA ).
Additionally candidates having the following qualification can also apply for M.Tech. (R). in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences :
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com. / M.Sc. in Humanities, or Social Sciences or Management with 60 percent marks or 6.5 CGPA.
Qualifying Degrees and Primary Disciplines for Admission to Ph.D / M.Tech ( Research ) Programs :
The following are the minimum academic eligibility criteria to be eligible for applying to a program. However, a higher short listing criteria ( possibly different for different departments ) may be set by the Department during scrutiny of applications depending on the departmental requirement, number and quality of applicants. In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria, following mandatory eligibility criteria will be used for shortlisting the candidates. Therefore, merely satisfying the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee a candidate to be called for interview and mere attending an interview does not guarantee a seat for admission.
1. In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria ( Based on B.Tech, M.Sc., MBA, MA, M.Tech and M.Pharm examinations ) a candidate should score minimum 60% marks or 6.5 / 10 CGPA throughout career to be eligible for admission to Ph.D. or M.Tech. ( Res ) program. The DRC, however, may make one exception ( Marks <60% or Grade < 6.5/10 ) at its discretion from among the results of 10th, +2, BA, B.Sc., Diploma etc. if the candidate has superior academic performances otherwise. Further exception if any will be put up to the full Senate for consideration.
2. For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines ( Except Life Science ), a candidate should have passed Mathematics in +2 Science.
3. Science students admitted to Ph.D. Program in Engineering need Mathematics in +3 level. Students without Mathematics in +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 100 and 200 level Mathematics and 100 level Computer Science courses ( Theory and Practical ) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
Requisite Academic Qualification
|1.||Biotechnology and Medical Engineering ( BM )||M.Tech./ M.E. ( with B.Tech / BE ) in Biomedical / Biotechnology / Chemical / Computer Science / Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Ceramics / Metallurgy / Material Science / Biochemical and M.Pharm OR B.Tech / B.E. ( with valid GATE ) in the above discipline OR MBBS.|
|2.||Civil Engineering ( CE )||B.Tech. in Civil Engineering with GATE in Civil Engineering / M.Tech. in Civil / Mining / Mechanical / Agricultural / Chemical Engineering.|
|3.||Chemical Engineering ( CH )||B.Tech / M.Tech in Chemical / Petroleum and Petrochemical / Polymer / Environmental / Metallurgical & Materials / Ceramic / Mechanical / Biochemical / Mining Engineering/ Nanotechnology/ Biotechnology / any other relevant branch of Engineering and Technology.|
|4.||Ceramic Engineering ( CR )||B.Tech / M.Tech in Ceramic / Metallurgy / Chemical / Mechanical Engineering / Nanotechnology / Biomedical Engineering Or M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science / Nano Science.|
|5.||Computer Science & Engineering ( CS )||B.Tech with GATE / M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology Or MCA or M.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology with GATE.|
|6.||Chemistry ( CY )||M.Sc. in Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry or B.Tech / M.Tech in Chemical / Ceramic / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering / Biotechnology.|
|7.||Electronics & Communication Engineering ( EC )||B.Tech. with GATE / M.Tech in Electronics / Electrical / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Instrumentation / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation / Electrical and Electronics Engineering.|
|8.||Electrical Engineering ( EE )||B.Tech. with GATE / M.Tech in Electrical / Electronics / Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation & Control.|
|9.||Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences ( ER )||Earth Science
For Ph.D. : M.Sc / M.Tech in Geology / Applied Geology / Geophysics / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Chemistry / Physics or equivalent disciplines in science.
For M.Tech ( Research ) : M.Sc. in Geology / Applied Geology / Geophysics / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Mathematics / Chemistry / Physics or equivalent disciplines in science.
For Ph.D : M.Sc / M.Tech in Atmospheric Sciences / Climate Science / Meteorology / Mathematics / Chemistry / Physics / Environmental Sciences / Remote Sensing / Computer Science or in equivalent disciplines in science.
For M.Tech ( Research ) : M.Sc. in Atmospheric Science / Meteorology / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Computer Science / Mathematics / Chemistry / Physics or in equivalent disciplines in science.
Note : B.Tech. in any branch of Engg with or without Gate score will also be considered.
|10.||Food Process Engineering ( FP )||B.Tech./M.Tech. in Food Engineering/ Food Technology /Food Process Engineering / Agricultural Process Engineering / Post Harvest Engineering / Dairy Engineering and Technology / Agricultural Engineering or any other relevant branch of Engineering / Technology.|
|11.||Humanities and Social Sciences ( HS )||M.Sc. / MA in relevant subjects or B.Tech / M.Tech in any branch of Engineering or MBA.
Candidates with UGC NET / JRF qualification will be preferred.
|12.||Industrial Design ( ID )||M.Des with any specialisation or M.E / M.Tech in Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Instrumentation / Automobile Engineering / Manufacturing Science Robotics / Mechatronics / Computer Integrated Manufacturing / CAD - CAM / Ergonomics / Welding Technology.|
|13.||Life Sciences ( LS )||M.Sc. in Life Sciences / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / MBBS / BVSc. / Bio - Physics / Food Science & Technology.|
|14.||Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||B.Tech with GATE/M.Tech in Mechanical / Automobile / Production / Manufacturing / Industrial / Aerospace/ Aeronautical Engineering.|
|15.||Mathematics ( MA )||M.Sc. in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Information Technology / MCA and First class Honours or equivalent in B.Sc. with Mathematics / Statistics as Honours subject. OR B.Tech / M.Tech in any branch of Engineering or equivalent.|
|16.||Metallurgical & Materials Engineering ( MM )||B.Tech / M.Tech in Metallurgy / Met. and Mat. / Ceramic / Chemical / Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering or M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science.|
|17.||Mining Engineering ( MN )||B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech in Mining / Civil / Environment / Chemical / Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation / Computer Science / Mechanical / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering or MSc in Geology / Geo - Physics / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Mathematics / Statistics / Chemistry / Physics.|
|18.||Planning & Architechture ( PA )||MCT / MURP / MUP / MTRP / M.Tech. in Urban Planning.|
|19.||Physics ( PH )||M.Sc. in any branch of Science with Mathematics and Physics at B.Sc. level or B.Tech. in any branch of Engineering.|
|20.||School of Management ( SM )||Master degree in Technology, Business Administration, Arts, Science, Commerce, Pharmacy OR Bachelor degree in Technology in any discipline.|
1. AMIE and other recognized Membership Examinations ( approved by Government of India ) will be considered equivalent to BE / B.Tech. for the purpose of Ph.D. & M.Tech. ( Res ) admission.
2. For selection of Research scholars in Engineering disciplines, Students with B.Tech. degree will be given preference over students with M.Sc. degree, even if the latter has an M.Tech. Degree.
3. Students with any other relevant background may be eligible, but only with approval of Senate or Chairman, Senate on the recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee ( DRC) .
NIT Rourkela Admission 2015 Application Form
Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit online application at www.application.nitrkl.ac.in following the instructions. Applicants are advised to
- Use Internet Explorer browser version 6.0 or above
- Read the advertisement carefully
- Read the instructions to fill up the online application form
- Fill up and submit the online application form accordingly and
- Pay application fee of 500/- online from online application portal.
Sponsored candidates are required to submit the scanned copy of the sponsorship certificate while submitting online application.
Applicants are not required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document to NIT Rourkela. However, candidates who will be called for interview will be required to submit signed copy of the application form, a set of Xerox copies of all certificates and original sponsorship certificate ( For sponsored candidates only ) at the time of interview. They also need to produce original certificates from HSC onwards for verification. The same will be forwarded to the Academic Office by the department for record.
Important Dates NIT Rourkela Admission 2015
|1.||Application form will be available in the Institute website www.nitrkl.ac.in for online submission||04th May, 2015 ( Monday )|
|2.||Application to be scrutinized||Received till 25th May, 2015 ( Monday )
|3.||Completion of scrutiny of applications by all departments||28th May, 2015 ( Thursday )|
|4.||Result of Interview in the website www.nitrkl.ac.in||02nd June, 2015 ( Tuesday )|
|5.||Interview||15th June, 2015 ( Monday )|
|6.||Result of Interview in the website www.nitrkl.ac.in||22nd June, 2015 ( Monday )|
|7.||Admission||06th July, 2015 ( Monday )|
|8.||Semester Registration||20th July, 2015 ( Monday )|
|9.||Starting of Class / Research work||21st July, 2015 ( Tuesday )|
For the departments with poor availability of research students, as well as in all other special cases, admission can be done throughout the year with the approval of the Director. Intending applicants may contact the Head of the Department or the proposed supervisor.
National Institute of Technology Rourkela offers MTech ( Research ) / PhD Programs – NIT Rourkela Admission 2015 Eligibility – NIT Rourkela Admission 2015 Application Procedure – Important Dates NIT Rourkela Admission 2015
Admission Notification Related : NIT Rourkela M Tech Research Admission Procedure, Admission in NIT Rourkela PhD Program 2015, NIT Rourkela Admission Online Application Form, National Institute of Technology Rourkela – NIT Rourkela Admission 2015, National Institute of Technology Rourkela Admission 2015, PhD Admission 2015 NIT Rourkela, M Tech Registration NIT Rourkela Admission 2015, NIT Rourkela Admission Procedure 2015, National Institute of Technology Rourkela Address, 2015 Admission Notification NIT Rourkela, NIT Rourkela PhD Admission Eligibility, M Tech Program 2015 in NIT Rourkela, PhD Admission Qualification 2015 NIT Rourkela, NIT Rourkela PhD Admission Application Fee, PhD Admission 2015, Latest Admission News, MTech / PhD Admissions 2015, Rourkela Admission 2015, Admission Alerts, Latest Admission Updation, Admission Details, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for national institute of technology rourkela – nit rourkela admission 2015 by swathi