National Institute of Technology Rourkela – NIT Rourkela Admission 2013
National Institute of Technology Rourkela – NIT Rourkela Admission 2013
National Institute of Technology Rourkela Applications are invited online from eligible candidates for admission to PhD and MTech ( Research ) Programs of the Institute with or without fellowship for Spring Semester 2013 – 2014.
Program ( s ) being Offered
|Biotechnology and Medical Engineering||PhD only|
|Ceramic Engineering||PhD & MTech ( Research )|
|Chemical Engineering||PhD & MTech ( Research )|
|Civil Engineering||PhD & MTech ( Research )|
|Computer Science & Engineering||PhD only|
|Electrical Engineering||Sponsored candidates only|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Sponsored candidates only|
|Industrial Design||Ph.D & M.Tech ( Research )|
|Mechanical Engineering||Sponsored candidates only|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||PhD & MTech ( Research )|
|Mining Engineering||PhD & MTech ( Research )|
|School of Management||PhD only|
|Life Science||PhD only|
|Physics||PhD & MTech ( Research )|
|Humanities & Social Sciences ( English, Psychology, Economics & Sociology )||PhD only|
Note : Sponsored candidates may apply for PhD and MTech ( Research ) programs of any discipline.
NIT Rourkela Admission Eligibility 2013 :
PhD Program :
- ME / MTech / in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks in aggregate in both B.Tech. ( or M.Sc./ MCA ) and MTech levels from a recognized technical Institute or University.
- B.E./ B.Tech./MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in aggregate in relevant disciplines.
- M.B.B.S. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
Additionally candidates having the following qualification can also apply for Ph.D. in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences :
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com / M. Sc./B.Tech. with CGPA 6.5 or 60 percent marks.
MTech ( Research ) Program :
- BE / BTech / BPharm / MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60 percent marks in aggregate ( or 6.5 CGPA ).
- MSc in Basic Sciences with 60 percent marks in aggregate (or 6.5 CGPA) in relevant disciplines.
- M.B.B.S. with 60 percent marks in aggregate ( or 6.5 CGPA ).
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com. /M. Sc. in Humanities ,or Social Sciences or Management with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA.
Qualifying Degrees and Primary Disciplines for Admission to Ph.D / M.Tech ( Research ) Programs :
- A candidate should score above 60% of marks or 6.5 / 10 CGPA at both Metric and +2 levels, or above 70% marks or 7.5 / 10 CGPA in one of these two Examinations to be eligible for admission to Ph.D. or MTech ( Res ) programs. Depending on the number of vacancies and no. of applications received, cut off marks in B.Tech./M.Sc or equivalent examinations may be set differently by different departments.
- For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines ( except Life Science ), a candidate should have passed Mathematics in + 2 Science.
- Science students admitted to PhD program in Engineering need Mathematics in + 3 level. Students without Mathematics in + 3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 100 and 200 level Mathematics & Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
Requisite Academic Qualification
|Biotechnology and Medical Engineering ( BM )||BTech ( with GATE ) and BPharm ( with GPAT ) OR MTech / MPharm ( with BTech / BPharm ) / M.B.B.S / MVSc.|
|Civil Engineering ( CE )||BTech / MTech in Civil / Mining / Mechanical / Agricultural / Chemical Engineering or any relevant branch of Engineering.|
|Chemical Engineering ( CH )||BTech / MTech in Chemical / Petrochemical / Polymer / Environmental / Metallurgical & Materials / Ceramic / Mechanical / Nanotechnology / Biochemical / Biotechnology / Mining / any relevant branch of Engineering and Technology with Mathematics in + 2 or MSc in Chemistry / Physics / Materials Science with Mathematics in + 2.|
|Ceramic Engineering ( CR )||BTech / MTech in Ceramic / Metallurgy / Chemical / Mechanical Engineering / Nanotechnology / Biomedical Engineering Or MSc in Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science / Nano Science.|
|Computer Science & Engineering ( CS )||BTech / MTech in Computer Science & Engineering / Electronics / Electrical Engineering Or IT / MCA or MSc in Computer Science.|
|Chemistry ( CY )||MSc in Chemistry, Physics, or BTech / MTech in Chemical / Ceramic / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering ( EC )||BTech / MTech in Electronics / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Biomedical Engineering.|
|Electrical Engineering ( EE )||BTech / MTech in Electrical / Electronics / Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Communication / Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation & Control with good GATE Score if BTech.|
|Humanities and Social Sciences ( HS )||MSc / MA in relevant subjects or BTech / MTech in any branch of Engineering or MBA.|
|Industrial Design ( ID )||MDes with any specialisation or ME / MTech in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Science / Production / Industrial Engineering / Computer Science / Instrumentation or ME / MTech with specialisation in Robotics / Mechatronics / Computer Integrated Manufacturing / CAD - CAM.|
|Life Sciences ( LS )||MSc in Life Sciences / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / MBBS / BVSc./ Bio-Physics / Food Science & Technology.|
|Mechanical Engineering ( ME )||BTech / MTech in Mechanical / Automobile / Biomedical / Aeronautical / Production / Manufacturing / Industrial / Metallurgy/Met & Mat / Polymer / Chemical Engineering / Mechatronics.|
|Mathematics ( MA )||MSc in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Information Technology / MCA and First class Honours or equivalent in BSc with Mathematics / Statistics as Honours subject.|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering ( MM )||BTech / MTech in Metallurgy / Met. and Mat. / Ceramic / Chemical / Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing Engineering or MSc in Physics or Chemistry.|
|Mining Engineering ( MN )||BE / BTech / MTech in Mining / Civil / Environment / Chemical / Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation / Computer Science / Mechanical / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering or MSc in Geology / GeoPhysics / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Mathematics / Statistics / Chemistry / Physics.|
|School of Management ( SM )||MTech / BTech in any discipline / M.Pharm / MBA.|
|Physics ( PH )||MSc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry ( With Mathematics as a subject in BSc ), BTech in any branch.|
1. BE., B.Tech., AMIE and other recognized Membership Examinations ( approved by Government of India ) will be considered equivalent for the purpose of Ph.D. & M.Tech.( Research ) admission.
2. For selection of Research scholars in Engineering disciplines, Students with B.Tech. degree will be given preference over students with M.Sc. degree, even if the latter has an M.Tech. Degree.
3. Students with any other relevant background may be eligible, but only with approval of Senate or Chairman, Senate on the recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee ( DRC ).
NIT Rourkela Admission Application Procedure 2013 :
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit online application at NIT Rourkela website : application.nitrkl.ac.in following the instructions.
- Applicants are advised to (a) use Internet Explorer browser version 6.0 or above, (b) read the advertisement carefully, (c) read the instructions to fill up the online application form (d) pay NIT Rourkela admission application fee of 500/- online from online NIT Rourkela admission application portal and (e) fill up and submit the online NIT Rourkela application form accordingly. Sponsored candidates are required to submit the scan copy of the sponsorship certificate while submitting online application.
- Applicants are not required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document to NIT Rourkela.
- However, candidates who will be called for interview will be required to submit signed copy of the application form, a set of Xerox copies of all certificates and original sponsorship certificate ( for sponsored candidates only ) at the time of interview.
- They also need to produce original certificates from HSC onwards for verification. The same will be forward to Academic Officer by the department for record.
Important Dates NIT Rourkela Admission 2013 :
|Application form will be available in the Institute website : www.nitrkl.ac.in for online submission||30th January, 2013|
|Application to be scrutinized||Submitted online till 17th February, 2013|
|Completion of scrutiny of applications by all departments||20th February, 2013|
|Result of scrutiny in the website : www.nitrkl.ac.in||26th February, 2013|
|Interview||11th March, 2013|
|Result of Interview in the website : www.nitrkl.ac.in||15th March, 2013|
|NIT Rourkela Admission||26th March, 2013|
|Semester Registration||On the date of admission|
|Starting of Class / Research work||From the date of admission|
|For the departments with poor availability of research students, as well as in all other special cases, admission can be done throughout the year with the approval of the Director. Intending applicants may contact the Head of the Department or the proposed supervisor.|
Admission Notification Related : NIT Rourkela MTech (Research) Selection Procedure, Admission in NIT Rourkela PhD Program 2013, NIT Rourkela Admission Online Application Form, National Institute of Technology Rourkela – NIT Rourkela Admission 2013, National Institute of Technology Rourkela Admission 2013, PhD Admission 2013 NIT Rourkela, MTech Registration NIT Rourkela Admission 2013, NIT Rourkela Admission Procedure 2013, National Institute of Technology Rourkela Address, 2013 Admission Notification NIT Rourkela, NIT Rourkela PhD Admission Eligibility, MTech (Research) Program 2013 NIT Rourkela, PhD Admission Qualification 2013 NIT Rourkela, NIT Rourkela PhD Admission Application Fee, PhD Admission 2013, Latest Admission News, Rourkela Admission 2013, Admission Alerts, Latest Admission Updation, Admission Details, Current Admission Notification,
Posted In admission notification : Leave a response for national institute of technology rourkela – nit rourkela admission 2013 by Saravanan