National Institute for the Visually Handicapped –NIVH Admission 2016
National Institute for the Visually Handicapped invites application for admission to Diploma Education- Special Education ( Visual Impairment ) (D.Ed. SE. (VI) ) course commencing from the forthcoming academic session i.e. 2016 – 2018.
NIVH Admission 2016 Courses Offered
Diploma in Education – Special Education ( Visual Impairment ) a two year diploma program recognized to Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi.
NIVH Admission 2016 Eligibility
The conditions of eligibility for admission to D.Ed. SE ( VI ) program will be as follows;
- At least 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination i.e. ( 10+2 )
- SC / ST / Disabled candidates will be allowed a relaxation of 5% marks
NIVH Admission 2016 Duration
The duration of the D.Ed. SE (VI) program shall be Two Years – 220 days consisting of 1320 hours each year thus having a total of 2640 hours for theory and practicum.
NIVH Admission 2016 Selection Criteria
The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit. The merit will be prepared by taking into account the following:
|1||Weightage in the Qualifying Examination
|2||Participation in Sports Activities
|3||Applicant with Disability||10|
|4||Parents/Sibling of Children with Disability||05|
* The candidate will be interviewed about general and disability awareness, language ability and communication skills and knowledge of the teaching subject.
NIVH Admission 2016 Application Form
- The Prospectus cum Application Form can be obtained by persons on payment of 350 /- ( Rupee Three Hundred Fifty only ) for General Category / OBC candidates and 200 /- ( Rupees Two Hundred only ) for SC / ST/ PH candidates, in cash or by the bank draft drawn in favour of Regional Director, N.I.V.H- Regional Centre payable at Chennai on all working days during office hours from 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. . If the Prospectus-Cum-Application Form is required by post, an extra amount of 50/- ( Fifty only ) shall have to be paid.
- The filled in application form completed in all respects should be submitted either in person or by registered post / speed post / courier / messenger so as to reach, on or before the last date of submission of application form during office hours .
The Regional Director,
National Institute for the Visually Handicapped – Regional Centre,
522, Trunk Road,
Poonamallee, Chennai – 600056
NIVH Admission Important Dates
|1||Advertisement in Newspaper||20th April, 2016|
|2||Sale of Prospectus-cum-Application form||21st April, 2016 to 20th May, 2016|
|3||Last date for receiving application form||20th May, 2016|
|4||Interview for the Qualified Candidates||6th June, 2016|
|5||Display of List of Selected Candidates||7th June, 2016|
|6||Date of Admission||8th June, 2016 to 17th June, 2016|
|Application Form : http://www.nivhrc-chen.org/downloads/application%20form%20D.Ed%20-16-18.pdf|
The Regional Director,
National Institute For The Visually Handicapped – Regional Centre,
522, Trunk Road, Poonamallee,
Chennai – 600 056.
Telephone No : 91-044-26272505,
Fax No : 91-044-26274478,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nivhrc_chen.org.