National Law University & Judicial Academy – NLUJAA Admission 2019
NLUJAA Admission 2019
National Law University & Judicial Academy invites admission application to the following courses for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
NLUJAA Admission Courses 2019
- B.A.,LL.B. ( Hons. ) Five Year Integrated Programme
- LL.M. One Year Programme
- Ph.D Programme
NLUJAA Admission Eligibility 2019
B.A.,LL.B ( Hons. )
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks in the aggregate ( 40% marks in case of SC / ST / Persons with Disability )
- The candidates appearing in or awaiting results of the qualifying examination respectively may also apply and appear for the CLAT provisionally subject to the condition that they shall produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks at the time of their interview / counselling.
- The candidate must have passed LL.B. Three Year / Five Year Integrated Degree Examination from any university whose degree is recognized by the University Grants Commission with 55% marks ( 50% marks for SC / ST / Persons with Disabilities )
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination through supplementary / compartment and repeat attempts are also eligible to appear in CLAT – 2019 and taking admission provided that such candidates produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with requisite marks on the day of admission / counselling or within the time allowed by National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam
- Candidates appearing in or awaiting results of the qualifying examination may also apply and appear for the CLAT subject to the condition that they shall produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks at the time of their interview / counselling.
Ph.D Eligibility criteria
- Candidate should passed Master’s Degree in Law with a minimum of 55% marks ( 50% marks for SC / ST / DAP ) Candidates with Master’s Degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks are also eligible if their research has a special focus on Public Policy or Law. Judge of any High Court in India with 3 years’ experience / Judge of the Supreme Court of India. Passed the Company Secretary Examination by ICSI and awarded Associate Membership of the Institute if the research has a focus on Public Policy or Law. Passed the final examination of ICAI, New Delhi.
NLUJAA Admission Seats 2019
B.A., LL.B.( Hons. )
|01||General Category / UR||94*|
|02||Schedule Caste of Assam ( @7% )||08*|
|03||Schedule Tribe ( Plains ) of Assam ( @10% )||12*|
|04||Schedule Tribe ( Hills ) of Assam ( @5% )||06*|
|Total Number of Seats||120|
|* Out of the Seats allocated to different categories, as outlined above, 6 Seats shall be reserved for SAP and 30 Seats for PRA ( Permanent Resident of Assam )|
|01||General Category / UR||23*|
|02||Schedule Caste of Assam ( @7% )||02*|
|03||Schedule Tribe of Assam ( Plains ) ( @10% )||03*|
|04||Schedule Tribe of Assam ( Hills ) ( @5% )||02*|
|Total Number of Seats||30|
|* Out of the Seats allocated to different categories, as outlined above, 1 Seat shall be reserved for SAP and 8 Seat for PRA ( Permanent Resident of Assam )|
NLUJAA Admission Application Form 2019
National Law University and Judicial Academy application form is available in the official website www.nluassam.ac.in.
- Those Candidates whose names have appeared in the CLAT provisional lists for NLUJA Assam and have opted to take admission by depositing the adjustable amount of [rupee] 50,000/- for B.A., LL.B. and [rupee] 50,000/- for LL.M. to CLAT Office should only apply. The details of the deposit slip is required during the online filling up of Application Form.
- The online application form should be filled up carefully and submitted. Once the form is submitted, a ten digit unique number form submission id ( FSID ) would be generated which will be reflected on the application form. Applicants are requested to keep this FSID for future references.
- Candidates are requested to provide genuine Email Ids ( one for candidate itself and other for the parent ) as those email – ids would be used for further correspondences.
- After submission of the online application form a print version of the same will be generated which has to be SIGNED and submitted at the time of admission along with Annexures given below and a recent passport photo pasted over it.
- Submission and acceptance of form details is subject to verification of the CLAT details.
- A confirmation Email would be sent to both the registered Email ids on acceptance of the form data along with other instructions.
- All * marked entries are mandatory.
- Modification of submitted application form will be permissible only once during the form submission period as designated in the admission notices. Candidates have to send a request Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the login credentials.
NLUJAA Selection Procedure 2019
B.A., LL.B. ( Hons. )
- NLUJAA shall strictly follow the admission criteria laid down by the CLAT. Accordingly, the admission shall exclusively be based on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ).
- The candidates applying for admission under any of the reserved categories shall be required to submit the certificate from the respective competent authority / authorities thereby justifying their claim for admission under a particular category. Candidate who do not specify the Category as ST ( Plains ) or ST ( Hills ), will be considered under the Category of ST ( Plains ).
- The admission shall exclusively be based on the performance of the candidate in the Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ). However, to qualify for the admission, the candidate must have passed LL.B. Three Year / Five Year Integrated Degree Examination from any university whose degree is recognized by the University Grants Commission as well as by the NLUJAA, with 55% marks ( 50% marks for SC / ST / Persons with Disabilities ).
- Candidates need to qualify the Admission Test conducted by the University. Those who have qualified UGC NET / JRF / SLET / M.Phil. and Judge is exempted from the Admission Test.
NLUJAA Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Start date for submission of application form||January, 2019|
|2||Last date for submission of application form||March, 2019|
|3||CLAT entrance examination||May, 2019|
National Law University & Judicial Academy,
Amingaon, Guwahati – 781031,
Phone : +91-361-2738891 / +91-361-2738651 / +91-361-2738652,
Fax : +91-361-2738662,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.nluassam.ac.in.