Nirma University PhD 2015 Admission
Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Hwy,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat – 382481,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nirmauni.ac.in.
Nirma University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to the PhD Course for the academic year of 2015 – 2016.
Nirma University PhD Admission 2015 Eligibility
Those aspiring to be admitted in the Ph.D programme must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent degree recognized by Nirma University with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade. Candidates appearing for final examination can also apply, provided they satisfy the eligibility requirement by 30th June, 2015.
Nirma University PhD Admission 2015 Selection Process
The selection procedure for admission consists of two steps :
1. Admission Test :
The applicants are required to appear in the admission test to be conducted by the Institute of Management. The test will be held on 17th May, 2015 at 10.00 AM at following centres :
Note : The Institute reserve the right to drop or add any test center.
The test consists of the following four sections :
- Quantitative Skills
- Verbal Skills
- Logic and Data Interpretation
- Social and General Awareness
Each section consists of 30 questions. The total of 120 questions are to be attended within two hours. Negative marks will be assigned for wrong / incorrect answer. The test will be objective type with multiple choice items.
2. Personal Interview :
Candidates short – listed on the basis of their performance in the Admission test will be called for personal interview.
The final selection to the program would be based on the candidate’s performance in the Admission test and personal interview. The personal interviews are normally held only at Ahmedabad.
The following weightage will be given for each component of the selection criteria :
- Admission Test : 50%
- Personal Interview : 50%
Nirma University PhD Admission 2015 Admission Procedure
The application forms can be downloaded from the website and the completed application form should be sent along with demand draft of 1000/- favouring Institute of Management, Nirma University payable at Ahmedabad.
All communications should be addressed :
Institute of Management
Ahmedabad – 382 481 (Gujarat) INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Nirma University PhD Admission 2015 Important Dates
- Last date for submitting the form : 10th May, 2015
- Admission Test : 17th May, 2015 [10 AM]
- Final Selection : First Week of June 2015
- Commencement of the Program : End of June 2015
Nirma University MTech Phd Admission 2016
Institute of Science,
Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Highway,
Ahmedabad – 382 481, Gujarat,
Phone No. : 02717 – 241911 / 12 – 15,
Fax : 02717 – 241917,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.nirmauni.ac.in.
The University offers Doctorate Programmes ( External ) under the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Pharmacy, Science, Law and Architecture.
Nirma University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to the following programs for academic sessions 2016 – 2017 :
- Faculty of Technology and Engineering
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Architecture
Nirma University Phd Admission Eligibility 2016 :
- The candidates holding Master Degree or equivalent with 55% or equivalent grade will be considered eligible for registration for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the relevant Programme.
- Notwithstanding anything contained above, the Director General may make relaxation in the above criteria in individual case based on the genuineness and the merit of the case, in terms of requirement of percentage of marks.
- For the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, a First Class Bachelor‟s degree in concerned field OR MCA OR equivalent examination, like that of M. Sc. (IT), shall also be eligiblevsubject to fulfillment of following conditions :
- Minimum Ten year‟s of full-time Research experience either as Research Assistants / Research Associates or Research Scientist or other similar positions in research organization approved by the University.
- The candidates must have published a minimum of 3 research papers in National / International reputed peer reviewed journals recognized by Nirma University in concerned field.
Nirma University Phd Admission Procedure 2016 :
The University will invite applications from the candidates through advertisement in the press or in the website. The candidates, who intends to register for Ph.D., has to apply in a prescribed proforma along with the research proposal on which they intend to work. On the receipt of applications, an entrance test will be conducted for the eligible candidates irrespective of number of applications received, which will be followed by an interview by a committee consisting of the Dean, Faculty of
Doctoral Studies & Research, Dean of the faculty concerned, Head of the Department(s) and a probable guide. The component weightage of the selction will be as under, while making the selection.
(i) Weightage for Entrance Test : 35%
(ii) Weightage for Personal Interview : 65%
(iii) Sub component weightage in Personal Interview shall be as under:
Literature Survey – 35%
Innovation in Research – 20%
Discussion – 10%
(iv) The candidate who does not meet with 50% of total assessment score will not be considered for admissions. The candidate who obtains 50% and above will be considered on merits based on number of vacancies available.
Provided however that the candidates who have passed the National Level Test like UGC / CSIR ( JRF) examination / NET / SLET / GATE /teacher fellowship holder, M.Phil. etc or its equivalent shall be exempted from appearing in the test and they will be considered deemed to have earned 35% score in the written test will be given to the candidates who have passed the National Level Test like UGC / CSIR ( JRF ) examination NET / SLET / GATE / teacher fellowship holder, M.Phil. or its equivalent.
They will not be required to appear in the test.
Candidates who are employed should apply through their employer along with No Objection.
Certificate and the certificate of having the infrastructure for conducting the research in the concerned field which will be made available to the candidate
Nirma University Phd Admission Applicaiton Form 2016 :
- Download the Nirma University admission application form from the University website and fill it and send it on or before 15th January, 2016 to the below mentioned address along with a draft of 1000/- drawn in favor of Nirma University, payable at Ahmedabad, attested mark sheets, degree certificate and Research Proposal.
- On the top of the cover write application for Ph.D admission under Visversarya Ph.D scheme for Electronics & IT.
- Last Date for application is 15th January, 2016
Deputy Registrar ( Ph.D Section ),
1st Floor, Institute of Management,
Nirma University, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway,
Ahmedabad – 382 481.
Website: www.nirmauni.ac.in , E.mail: email@example.com. Ph : + 91-02717-241900-04 Fax : + 91-02717-241917-241916