NIT Rourkela MSc Admission 2013
National Institute of Technology,
Phone No. : 0661 – 2462020,
Fax : 0661 – 2462022,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.nitrkl.ac.in
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela invites admission application for Master of Science ( M.Sc ) for the session 2013 – 2014.
- MSc – Chemistry
- MSc – Life Science
- MSc – Mathematics
- MSc – Physics
NIT Rourkela MSc Admission Eligibility 2013 :
- MSc – Chemistry : B.Sc. with Chemistry as a major subject and Mathematics at + 2 level.
- MSc – Life Science : B.Sc. with Botany, Zoology, Microbiology or any other Life Science related subject as major subject.
- MSc – Mathematics : B.Sc. with Mathematics as a major subject.
- MSc – Physics : B.Sc. with Physics as a major subject and Mathematics at + 2 level.
- B.Sc. degree from a recognized university in appropriate discipline with 60% marks or 6.5 / 10 CGPA in aggregate covering all subjects ( not in major subject (s) only ).
- Candidates appearing B.Sc. Final year Examination may also apply for the above program by due date. However, they are required to submit their mark/grade sheet at the time of counseling and admission, failing which the applicants must produce a certificate signed by the Principal or Registrar of the College / University last attended stating that all examinations including practicals necessary for award of the degree have been completed in order to be eligible for admission, in the prescribed format given in the Annexure-I. Such candidates have to produce their final result latest by 30th September 2013; else their admission will stand cancelled and all fees paid will be forfeited by the Institute.
Valid IIT – JAM 2013 Score :
- There is no relaxation in academic requirement for any category / caste of candidates because the minimum academic requirement has been set to meet the basic challenges of the academic program.
- The above mentioned CGPA / percentage (1.(a)) should be the aggregate CGPA / percentage based on all semesters / years. Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa given by individual Institute/University will not be considered. If the evaluation system is in grades, CGPA value will be considered and if the evaluation system is in marks, percentage value will be considered.
Basis of Admission :
- Two third of total seats will be offered strictly on the basis of valid IIT JAM – 2013 score only.
- One third seats will be offered on the basis of entrance test to be held at NIT Rourkela on 01st July, 2013. The entrance qualifying mark is 30%. Syllabus for the entrance test is given at the end of this advertisement which is same as the IIT JAM 2013 syllabus.
- If the candidates list in one of the above heads gets exhausted, the seats will be transferred to the other head. Students with low JAM score may also write the entrance test to be eligible for the entrance seats.
NIT Rourkela MSc Admission Application Form 2013 :
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit online application at institute website : application.nitrkl.ac.in
- Pay non – refundable application fee of 500/- online from online application portal.
- Note : Applicants are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document (s) to NIT Rourkela.
Important Dates for NIT Rourkela MSc Admission 2013 :
- Closing date of online application : 10th June, 2013.
- Publication of list of applicants in the NIT Rourkela www.nitrkl.ac.in : 11th June, 2013.
- First selection List for JAM Seats : 13th June, 2013.
- Admission of candidates against first selection list for JAM seats : 20th June, 2013.
- Publication of vacancy for JAM Seats : 21st June, 2013.
- Entrance test to be held at NIT Rourkela on : 28th June, 2013.
- Spot admission for JAM Seats : 28th June, 2013.
- Publication of vacancy list after JAM spot admission : 28th June, 2013.
- Written test for Entrance seats ( JAM qualified candidates can also appear under this category with no preference towards their JAM score ) : 28th June, 2013.
- Publication of vacancy for entrance seats : 15th July, 2013.
- Starting of class : 23rd July, 2013.