NIT Surathkal MSc Admission 2017
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal invites admission application for Full Time Master of Science ( MSc ) program 2017 – 2018.
- M.Sc. ( CY ) – MSC in Chemistry
- M.Sc. ( PH ) – MSc in Physics
NIT Surathkal MSc Admission Eligibility 2018
- Admission to M.Sc. Program in Chemistry / Physics shall be open to Indian nationals Admission to M.Sc. Programme in Chemistry / Physics shall be open to Indian nationals who have passed a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry / Physics with a Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of at least 6.5 in the 0 – 10 scale grading system, or not less than 60% marks in the aggregate ( taking into account the marks scored in all the subjects of all the public/ university examinations conducted during the entire prescribed period for the degree programme ).
- However, this prescribed minimum shall be a CGPA of 6.0 or 55% marks in the aggregate for SC / ST / PwD candidates.
- “If the evaluation system in qualifying degree is in both CGPA and Marks, CGPA value will be considered. Also Conversion from Grade point system to Percentage system will not be considered.”
- Candidate appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2016 – 2017 and expecting their final results latest by 15th September, 2017 may also apply
Departments, Course offered and Qualifying Examinations for M.Sc programmes are listed below:
|1||Chemistry||M.Sc.( 2 years )||B.Sc. Degree with Chemistry as one of the major subjects.|
|2||Physics||M. Sc. ( 2 Years)||B. Sc. Degree with Physics and Maths as Major subjects.|
NIT Surathkal MSc Admission Selection Procedure 2017
- M.Sc Progammes: Selection of candidates for admission to M.Sc. ( Chemistry & Physics ) will be based upon the academic performance in the qualifying degree programme, written aptitude test conducted by the respective departments.
NIT Surathkal MSc Admission Seats 2016
Intake for M.Sc. Programme for 2017 – 2018
|Chemistry||M.Sc.( Chemistry )||13||7||4||2||1||27|
|Physics||M.Sc.( Physics )||13||7||4||2||1||27|
- Reserved Seats unfilled due to non availability of SC / ST candidates will not be filled by candidates from OC / OBC.
- Reservation for SC / ST / PWD ( Persons With Disability ) shall be as per Central Government rules.
- Reservation of seats for OBC shall be as per GOI / MHRD norms.
NIT Surathkal MSc Admission Sponsored Candidates 2017
- The candidates must have a minimum two years of full – time work experience in the relevant field in a registered firm / company / industry / educational and research institutions / any Government Departments or Government Autonomous Organisations after obtaining the qualifying degree.
- A letter from the employer must be furnished stating that the candidate is being sponsored with full salary. The employer should also indicate that the candidate will not be withdrawn midway during the duration of the course.
NIT Surathkal MSc Admission Application Form 2017
- The prescribed application forms and Information Bulletin for M.Sc ( Chemistry & Physics ) programmes can be downloaded from the Institute website www.nitk.ac.in.
- The application form can be duly filled and sent to the Following address on or before the last date prescribed 19th May, 2017 along with the D.D. of 500/- ( for SC / ST – 150/- ). drawn in favor of the Director, N.I.T.K., Surathkal payable at Mangalore.
The Assistant Registrar ( Academic ),
National Institute of Technology Karnataka,
Mangalore – 575 025, Karnataka State
- Candidates sponsored must get their applications forwarded through proper channel.
- Applications which are incomplete / defective / received late are liable to be rejected summarily and no correspondence will be entertained on such applications.
Candidates called for interview will have to appear for interview at their own cost. The interview will be held at N.I.T.K., Surathkal.
Important Dates for NIT Surathkal MSc Admission 2017
|Last Date for receiving completed applications||19th May, 2017 ( Friday )|
|Applications to be sent to the Departments for processing, on or before||24th May, 2017 ( Wednesday )|
|Preparing preliminary merit-list or short-listing||30th May, 2017 ( Tuesday)|
|Email communication to the short-listed candidates, and announcement in the website by respective departments.||31st May, 2017 ( Wednesday )|
|Selection Test (Written Aptitude test)||16th June, 2017 ( Friday )|
|Last date for sending Recommended list to the office of Dean(Academic)||20th June, 2017 ( Tuesday )|
|Publication of provisional selection/merit-list on website by Dean( Academic )||23rd June, 2017 ( Friday )|
|Last date for Sending admission orders/letters||27th June, 2017 ( Tuesday )|
|Reporting Dates for Selection-List Candidates||27th June, 2017 – 7th July, 2017|
|Last Date for sending admission orders/letters to waiting-list candidates||10th July, 2017 ( Monday )|
|Last Date for Reporting, for waiting-list candidates||17th July, 2017 ( Monday )|
|Classes Begin||26th July, 2017 ( Wednesday )|
Contact Details :
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
Mangalore – 575 025, Karnataka, India
Telephone No : +91-824-247067, +91-824-2473004
Email : dean.rc [at] nitk.edu.in
Website : www.nitk.ac.in