Panjab University Chandigarh BEd / MEd AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Panjab University Chandigarh Admission 2019
Panjab University Chandigarh BEd Admission 2019
Panjab University invites application for admission to Bachelor of Education( BEd ) program for the academic year 2019
Panjab University Chandigarh BEd Admission Courses 2019
- B.Ed. ( General ),
- B.Ed. ( Yoga )
- B.Ed. Special Education ( Mental Retardation )
Panjab University BEd Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates with at least 50% Marks either in Bachelor’s degree and / or in the Master’s degree in Science / Social sciences / Humanities / Commerce / Home science / B.B.A / B.C.A, B.A. LL.B., B.Com. LL.B. or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC / ST / PwD candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC / ST / PwD candidates. Candidate with less than 50% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favour of the reserved categories shall be as per rules of the Chandigarh Administration.
- Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in an institution but only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the Government concerned from time to time to apply for admission. Online admission will be offered to only those candidates who will qualify the Common Entrance Test and provide the options for colleges along with subject combination.
- Candidate must have studied the major subject of the subject combination for at least two years at Bachelor’s level / Master’s level. Honors students shall opt for major subject in which they have obtained Honors, the minor subject should have been studied at least for one year.
- Candidates who have appeared for qualifying examination and whose results have not been declared may be provisionally allowed to apply for Common Entrance Test at their own risk and responsibility but they shall become eligible for counseling only after they have produced the evidence of having satisfied the above said conditions on the date of counselling.
- Result late ( RL ) / Re – evaluation / Compartment cases, if their results are declared before final counseling, shall be considered subject to availability of seats only
Panjab University BEd Admission Seats 2019
Division of Seats
- 85% seats will be reserved for the Candidates from within the State of Punjab and 15% seats will be open to candidates of other States / U.Ts on the basis of merit of CET prepared on all India basis excluding Punjab. The eligibility criteria for 85% seats will be that the candidate must be a resident of Punjab State in terms of the Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms ( PP-11 Br. ) letter No. 1 / 3 / 95-3PP11 / 96 19, dated the 6th June, 1996 and letter No. 1 / 3 / 95-3PP-11 / 80, dated 1st January, 1999. The notifications are annexed at Annexure B and C respectively in the notification of B.Ed. issued by Government of Punjab.
- If sufficient number of candidates belonging to reserved category( ies ) is not available, the vacant seats will be offered to candidates in the open category. Likewise, if seats under 85% state category remain vacant, these would be transferred to 15% all India category and vice-versa. Further, if suitable candidates are not available in any one of the subcategories of reserved categories, the seats so available will be filled up by the candidates from the other sub categories and if they are not available in any sub- category, then seats shall be filled up from general/open category candidates.
- Seats up to 70% of sanctioned intake at Malwa Central College of Education for Women, Ludhiana shall be reserved for rural women candidates who are bonafide residents of the State of Punjab.
Panjab University BEd Admission Application Form 2019
- Panjab University BEd Admission application form is available in the official website: www.punjabbed.puchd.ac.in
- Application Fee for general Category is ₹2200/- abd for SC /ST /PWD is ₹ 1100/-
Panjab University BEd Selection Procedure 2019
- The admission to B.Ed. Course in the colleges affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh, Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar for the session 2019 shall be made on the basis of the relative merit of the candidates in the Common Entrance Test, subject to the availability of seats in aparticular subject combination and as per reservation policy of Government of Punjab.
- The candidates are required to fill the choices of colleges and Major Subjects on the prescribed proforma on the B.Ed. admission website. He / she will be admitted to the college on the basis of merit for his/her category in the respective subject, provided he / she fulfils the requisite eligibility conditions.
- No one who is already in employment ( whole time or part time whether in honorary capacity or paid) shall be admitted to B.Ed. Course in a College of Education without taking leave from the employer/Institution/office etc. from the date of commencement of the academic session till the completion of practical skill in teaching examination.
- Admission to the seats under 15% ( All India ) quota will be done as per Reservation Policy of the Central Govt.
- When two or more candidates have secured equal marks in the Common Entrance Test their inter-se merit for admission will be decided on the following criteria:
- Candidate with higher percentage of marks in qualifying degree.
- Candidate older in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
Panjab University BEd Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Online Application Form Date Start||July, 2019|
|2||Submission of Information on the Website Last Date||July, 2019|
|3||Merit List date on Official Website||July, 2019|
|Final Provisional Merit List Display on the Website||August, 2019|
|1st Counselling for Law Auditorium, PU Chandigarh||August, 2019|
Room No.13, 1st Floor,
Department of Education,
Arts Block – 2,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.punjabbed.puchd.ac.in
Panjab University Chandigarh MEd Admission
Panjab University invites application for Regular & Correspondence Master of Education ( MEd ) Entrance Test.
Panjab University Chandigarh MEd Admission Eligibility
M.Ed. ( Regular ) 1 year course :
- Eligibility for Entrance Test is 55% marks in B.Ed. for General Category ( 50% in case of SC / ST & BC candidates ).
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test are 20% for General Category ( 15% in case of SC / ST, BC and blind candidates ).
M.Ed. ( through Correspondence ) 2-Year course :
- Eligibility for Entrance Test is 55% marks in B. Ed. for General Category ( 50% in case of SC / ST & BC candidates ).
- M.Ed. ( through Correspondence ) course is only for in – service teachers, with two years paid work experience, in a school recognized by a Board of School Education established by law, or in College affiliated to or recognized by a university ( part – time experience shall also be counted towards teaching experience if the teaching was done as paid teaching ) and are working at the time of admission i.e. in-service at the time of admission.
- Qualifying marks for Entrance Test are 20% ( 15% in case of SC / ST, BC and blind candidates ).
Panjab University Chandigarh MEd Admission Application Form
- Panjab University Chandigarh MEd Entrance Test Registration Form avilable in the university website : http://www.medadmissions.puchd.ac.in/
- Panjab University MEd Entrance test for General Category ₹ 1500/- for SC / ST Category ₹ 750/-.
Panjab University Chandigarh MEd Admission Procedure
- The Entrance Test will be the same for M.Ed. ( General ), M.Ed. ( Guidance and Counseling ), M.Ed. ( Educational Technology ), and M.Ed. ( Correspondence ).
- The admission of candidates in the Entrance Test shall be provisional.
- It shall stand cancelled if the candidate fails to satisfy the requisite eligibility conditions by the date fixed for the purpose.
Panjab University Chandigarh MEd Admission Dates
|1||Date of Availability of Prospectus and online Application Form on the website||July|
|2||Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Bank Challan||August|
|3||Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan||August|
|4||Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||August|
|5||Last date for submission of hard copy of Admission Form & relevant documents to Coordinator M.Ed. Admissions - 2017, Room No. 6, Department of Education, Arts Block No. II, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh.||August|
|6||Tentative Merit List will be displayed on the website||August|
|7||Objections (if any) in the Tentative Merit List can be filed at email@example.com||August|
|8||Display of Provisional Merit List on the website||August|
|9||First Counseling (Face to Face)||August
Venue : Law Auditorium, Near Arts Block IV, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.medadmissions.puchd.ac.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.