Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Admission 2018
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar invites admission application for M.Tech Following courses to the Academic Year 2018.
- M. Tech. ( Petroleum Engineering )
- M. Tech. ( Nuclear Engineering )
- M. Tech. ( Energy Systems & Technology ( Focused on Solar Energy ) )
- M. Tech. ( Electrical Engg. ( Power Systems ) )
- M. Tech. ( Mechanical Engg. ( Thermal ) )
- M. Tech. ( Civil Engg. ( Infrastructure Engg. & Management ) )
- M. Tech. ( Chemical Engg. )
- M.Tech. ( Environmental Engg. & Studies )
PDPU M.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2018
Minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale in the qualifying degree in respective discipline as mentioned hereunder
- The students expecting their qualifying degree results as per the eligibility criteria by 31st August, 2018 can also apply.
- 50% seats are earmarked for the candidates having Valid and Qualified GATE score
Eligibility Criteria for respective branch
M. Tech. ( Petroleum Engineering )
B.E. / B. Tech. in Petroleum Engineering / Hydrocarbon Refinery Engineering / Petrochemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering. Any one of these qualifications is required to be with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M. Tech. ( Nuclear Engineering )
B.E. / B Tech or equivalent in Agriculture engineering, Food technology, Environmental engineering, Nano Technology, Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile Engineering / Instrumentation & Control / Chemical / Civil / Metallurgical / Production / Industrial Engineering or M.Sc. in Agriculture science, M.Sc. Chemistry and M.Sc. Food Technology, Electronics / Physics / Nuclear Physics; with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M. Tech. ( Energy Systems & Technology ( Focused on Solar Energy ) )
B.E. / B. Tech. or equivalent in Electronics / Electrical/ Instrumentation & Control / Mech. / Semiconductor Technology / Energy Science & Engg. OR M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Physics / Applied Physics / Electronics / Optoelectronics; with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M. Tech. ( Electrical Engg. ( Power Systems ) )
B.E. / B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics ( Power System ) / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering / Electrical and Power Engineering / Electrical Engineering ( Electronics and Power ) / Electrical, Electronics and Power, with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M. Tech. (Mechanical Engg. ( Thermal ) )
B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical / Energy Science & Engg. with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M. Tech. ( Civil Engg. ( Infrastructure Engg. & Management ) )
B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Civil Engg. / Environmental Engg. / Construction Technology / Planning / Architecture & Planning or B. Arch with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale
M. Tech. ( Chemical Engg. )
B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering / Chemical Technology / Biochemical Engineering / Petrochemical and Petroleum Refinery Engineering/ Petrochemical Engineering / Petrochemical Technology / Petroleum Engineering / Petroleum Technology with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
M.Tech. ( Environmental Engg. & Studies )
B.E. / B. Tech. or equivalent in Civil Engg. / Chem. Engg. / Environmental Engg. or M. Sc. in Environmental science with minimum 60% or CPI / CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale.
PDPU M.Tech Application From 2018
How to apply
- Only eligible candidate has to apply On Line through the University web site www.pdpu.ac.in
- Student can apply for more than one branch subject to the eligibility.
Fee for a single branch Application 500/- ( Non Refundable )
PDPU M.Tech Selection Process 2018
Phase – I ( Only for the candidates having qualified and valid GATE score )
- Admission will be offered to the candidates on merit based on the GATE score. The seats remaining vacant upon completing admissions of this Phase will be transferred to the seats for Phase II admissions. The candidates who are not offered the admission during this Phase their application will be considered automatically for the Phase II admission process and they will have to appear at the selection procedure of the Phase II Admission Process mentioned herein.
- It is mandatory for all GATE qualified candidates to upload the GATE Score Card as a part of Online application process.
- The criteria for deciding merit order in case of candidates having equal merit marks shall be based on following sequence namely
- All India rank for GATE.
- Marks out of 100 GATE score card.
- Aggregate marks / CPI of B.Tech. Degree.
Phase-II ( for GATE / Non GATE candidates )
- The Phase-II admission process is meant for Non GATE candidates and also for the candidates having the valid and qualified GATE score but not offered the admission during Phase-I; as mentioned hereunder
- A single merit list will be prepared for valid and qualified GATE & non GATE candidates on following basis
- 30% weightage of the marks / grade points mentioned in final semester result sheet of the candidate. In case of CPI / CGPA in place of absolute marks, the CPI / CGPA will be converted into percentage in following manner Equivalent percentage = ( CPI – 0.5 ) x100
- 70% weightage of performance score obtained in Personal Interview by the candidate.
- 50% weightage of GATE score ( applicable to GATE qualified candidates ).
PDPU M.Tech Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Online Application Process begins||25th April, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Online application||15th June, 2018|
|Phase I Admission Process ( Only for candidates having Qualified and valid GATE score )|
|3||Announcement of Merit list||21st June, 2018|
|4||Admission Counseling Process at PDPU Campus & payment of fees ( through bank DD )||26th June, 2018|
|Phase II Admission Process ( for GATE / Non GATE candidates )|
|5||Eligible candidates list on website||28th June, 2018|
|6||Personal Interview||2nd July, 2018|
|7||Merit List announcement||6th July, 2018|
|8||Admission Counseling Process at PDPU Campus & payment of fees ( through bank DD )||11th July, 2018|
|9||Last date of Admission||20th July, 2018|
|10||Commencement of the 1st Semester||24th July, 2018|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Raisan Village, District-Gandhinagar
Pincode-382 007. Gujarat, INDIA
Telephone No : +91-79-23275215
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.pdpu.ac.in
PDPU B.Tech Admission 2018
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar invites admission application for B.Tech Following courses to the Academic Year 2018.
PDPU B.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria 2018
All India Seat candidate and / or as NRI Sponsored candidate
- A candidate should have secured a rank in Paper – 1 of JEE ( Main ) 2018
- A candidate should have passed the Qualifying Examination with minimum 45% marks ( 40% in case of SC / ST ) in aggregate in theory and practical of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
For admission as NRI Candidate
- Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination abroad with minimum 45% marks ( 40% in case of SC / ST ) in aggregate in theory and practical of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics; and also must have passed SAT Subject Tests ( formerly SAT II ) of level – II Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry or AP tests at A – levels in Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry or Equivalent standard examination of United Kingdom ( UK ) education system in Physics, Mathematics, & Chemistry or JEE ( Main ) 2018.
- In case, Letter Grade / Performance Index or Graded Point Average is awarded instead of percentage marks in qualifying examination, the equivalence certificate is required from the school authority.
- Such candidate will have to produce equivalence certificate of qualifying examination from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ), New Delhi.
PDPU B.Tech Admission Application From 2018
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the university official website www.pdpu.ac.in
- The University shall announce, by advertisement in some leading national newspapers / on web – site and by such other means, as it may consider necessary, the date of application, last date for submission of application form, programs offered and such other information as may be necessary in this regard.
- For the purpose of application, a candidate shall be required to make online payment of 500/- for candidates who have passed qualifying exams from schools located outside Gujarat, and 350/- for candidates who have passed qualifying exams from schools located within Gujarat through internet banking / debit card / credit card towards the application fee.
- A candidate shall be required to upload a scan copy of the requisite certificates and testimonials as specified in the application form.
PDPU B.Tech Admission 2018 Selection process
- The University shall prepare the merit list of the eligible candidates who have applied for admission under these rules.
- The candidates will have to check their inter – se merit number on the University website.
- The admission shall be offered through On Campus counseling as per the schedule and no individual communication will be made in this regard.
- The candidates shall be required to appear in person and have to register at least one hour before the prescribed schedule at the registration desk of B. Tech. Admission for campus counseling process. The candidates shall make their own arrangements for reaching the University campus. If a candidate is unable to appear for the counseling due to serious illness / accident or other unavoidable circumstances, his guardian may remain present on his behalf with a request cum – authorization letter written by the candidate with all the required original documents. A candidate who remains absent at the On Campus Counseling Process as per the schedule will not be considered for that round of the admission process. Offer of admission shall be made on the basis of merit, category of the candidate and availability of the seats at the time of counseling.
- Counseling will include verification of the original documents, personal and academic credentials of the candidates viz. identity, age, academic qualifications and reservation category, and thereafter the admission will be offered to the eligible candidates, as the case may be. The candidates are required to produce any other certificates as it is deemed necessary.
- The candidate who has been offered admission shall require to pay the fees immediately, as prescribed herein to get his admission at the time of on campus counseling process.
- A candidate reporting late for On Campus Counseling Process may be accommodated in any of the remaining admission counselling sessions as per the on – going merit, if possible. However, this shall not be obligatory on the part of the University. The University’s decision shall be final and binding in this regard.
- A candidate who fails to make payment at the time of counseling shall not be considered for that round of the Admission.
PDPU B.Tech Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for Online Application at PDPU website||8th June, 2018|
|2||Last Date for uploading the marks of 12th Mark sheet by the applicants||8th June, 2018|
|3||Last date for submission of documents in person at University Admission Office for admission on NRI Seats||8th June, 2018|
|4||Announcement of Provisional Merit List||13th June, 2018|
|5||On campus admission counselling round – 1 ( All India seats )||15th June, 2018|
|6||On campus admission counselling round – 2 ( All India seats )||20th June, 2018|
|7||On campus admission counselling round – 3 ( All India seats )||25th June, 2018|
|8||On campus admission counselling round – 1 ( NRI seats )||8th July, 2018|
|9||Last date of cancellation of admission||10th July, 2018|
|10||On campus admission counselling round – 4 ( If requires )||12th July, 2018|
|11||Commencement of the first semester||24th July, 2018|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Knowledge Corridor, Raisan
Gandhinagar – 382 007
Telephone No : +91-2327-5060
Fax No : +91-79-2327-5030
Website : www.pdpu.ac.in