PEC University of Technology Chandigarh Admission 2018
PEC University of Technology invites admission application for PhD programs for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
PEC University of Technology PhD Chandigarh Admission 2018 Courses Offered
The Ph.D. Programme can be pursued in the disciplines of the following :
- Applied Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Industrial and Product Design.
- Management & Humanities
The institute encourages inter – disciplinary research across various departments.
PEC University of Technology PhD Chandigarh Admission Eligibility 2018
Eligibility for Full – time Research Student / Candidate
An applicant belonging to the above admission categories should possess the following qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
Engineering Technology streams :
Master‟s degree in Engineering / Technology of 2 years duration after graduation in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate ( of all the years / semesters ) where marks are awarded. Details of direct admission of B.E / B.Tech. candidates to Ph.D programme are given at point 3 ( Direct Admission of B.E. / B.Tech. candidates to Ph.D programme ).
Science Streams :
Master’s degree in Sciences in respective discipline or equivalent and minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute where letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks where marks are awarded.
The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks for admission in all categories of scholars for the following categories :
- SC / ST candidates
- PwD ( Persons with disability )
Management, Humanities & Social Science Streams :
Ph.D. in Management : The candidate applying must possess an M.Com / MBA or equivalent and should have obtained minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) of 5.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent as determined by the institute where letter grades are awarded; or 55% marks where marks are awarded.
Ph.D. in English : The candidate applying must possess an M.A. or an equivalent qualification in English and should have obtained 55% or above in M.A. English / Linguistics from a reputed institute. Candidates with valid NET score shall be given preference. The admission eligibility may be relaxed to 5.0 on a 10 scale or equivalent, or to 50% marks for admission for SC / ST / PwD candidates.
Eligibility for Part – time PhD
The eligibility criteria shall be the same as that for full time students. Additionally, the part time candidates need to fulfill the following conditions and provide the information along with the application :
- The applicants must have been in continuous service with the sponsoring organization for at least two years at the time of submitting the application form for admission and submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer stating that
- He / she is on the regular payroll of the organization
- He / she is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
- His / her official duties will permit sufficient time for research. Sponsorship letter ( on letterhead of the sponsoring organization ) should include an undertaking stating that the period of study of the candidates will be treated as ‘on duty’ with usual salary / allowances, and he / she will be relieved for the period of studies.
- He / She will be required to reside at the Institute for a period of not less than one semester i.e. six months duration which is mandatory in the first year of PhD Programme. ( This condition of minimum residence period will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in PEC or in organizations / institutions located within a distance of 50 km from the Institute ).
Note : Prevailing guidelines on course work for Ph.D part – time programme and options for Senior Executives working at the level of CEOs and Directors in industries, Government and research organizations are available in Ph.D Rules and Regulations of the institute.
Direct Admission of B.E. / B.Tech. candidates to Ph.D programme
- To be eligible for the admission under this category, a candidate is required to have minimum CGPA of at least :
- 8.0 or above with GATE or 8.5 or above without GATE for students graduated from PEC and CFT institutions at the end of the seventh semester ( if applying6 during final year ) under General category.
- 8.0 or above with GATE or 8.5 or above without GATE for students graduated from PEC and CFT institutions at the end of the eighth semester ( if applying after the completion of B.E. / B.Tech ) under General category.
- For SC / ST category students, the minimum CGPA requirement will be reduced by 0.5.
- Successful candidates in final year of undergraduate programme may be given provisional admission to the Ph.D programme. This admission shall be confirmed provided the student completes his/her undergraduate programme with required graduation CGPA.
- Candidates getting direct entry to Ph.D programme after BE / B.Tech will need to fulfill credit requirements through course work on pattern of courses offered to PG students and additional course requirements as per UGC
PEC University of Technology PhD Chandigarh Admission Application Form 2018
PEC University of Technology application form is available in the official website www.pec.ac.in.
Online Submission of application for Registration on http://pec.ac.in/admissions/phd. Please read the general instructions carefully before starting the registration process. The candidates are required to pay 2000/- ( non – refundable ) in the form of Demand Draft / Bankers Cheque in favor of “Punjab Engineering College ( Deemed to be University ) – PG Admissions” payable at Chandigarh and sum of 500/- ( non refundable ) is to be paid as registration fee for each additional discipline applied. The details of Demand Draft / Bankers Cheque are to be filled during online registration.
Submission of Application form
Application for admission must be filled online ( procedure for online registration mentioned in point VIII ) and two printed copy of the filled registration form along with following documents must be sent to the following address :
Controller of Admissions,
Punjab Engineering College ( Deemed to be University ),
Sector – 12, Chandigarh – 160012
Send on or before the closing date as mentioned :
- Date of Birth Certificate
- SC / ST Certificate ( if applicable )
- Sponsorship / NOC Certificate ( wherever applicable )
- GATE Score Card ( if applicable )
- Copies of Bachelor’s & Master’s Degrees along with marks sheets
- NET Certificate if applicable
- Migration Certificate [ For candidates not having their Master‟s degree from Punjab Engineering College ( Deemed to be University ) ]
- Persons with Disabilities certificate ( if applicable )
- Demand Draft in original.
- Undertaking if applicable
PEC University of Technology PhD Chandigarh Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Online Registration||18th May, 2018 to 1st June, 2018|
|2||Last date for receiving hard copy of applications along with Demand Draft and supporting documents||8th June, 2018 till 5:00 PM|
|3||Dispatch of applications to various Departments||12th June, 2018|
|4||Publishing of final list of eligible candidates by respective Departments ( GATE / Non GATE )||15th June, 2018|
|5||Test and interview in respective departments ( details will be uploaded on website )||26th June,2018 and 27th June, 2018|
|6||Result intimation with waiting list||29th June, 2018|
PEC University of Technology,
Sector – 12,
Chandigarh – 160 012,
Phone No : 0172 275 3051,
Fax : 0172 – 2745175,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.pec.ac.in.