Ph.D Admission in PEC Chandigarh 2016
PEC University of Technology invites application from eligible candidates for admission to Full-time / Full-time Sponsored / Part-time ( PhD ) Program 2016 :
- Aerospace Engineering Department
- Applied Sciences
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Comm Engg
- Electrical Engg.
- Mechanical Engg.
- Materials & Mett. Engg.
- Production and Industrial Engg.
- CoE (Production and Industrial )
PEC Chandigarh Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016 :
|S.No||Department||Area of Specialization||Qualifying Degree, eligible branches|
|1.||Aerospace Engineering Department||M.E. / M.Tech in|
|3.||Computer Science & Engineering||M.E / M.Tech in|
|4.||Civil Engineering||M.E / M.Tech in Civil Engineering or any allied field|
|5.||Electronics Comm Engg.||M.E. / M.Tech in|
|6.||Electrical Engg.||ME ( Electrical )|
|7.||Mechanical Engg||M.E. / M.Tech in|
|8.||Materials & Mett. Engg.||M.E. / M.Tech in|
|9.||Production and Industrial Engg.||M.E. / M.Tech in|
|10.||CoE ( Production and Industrial )||M.E. / M.Tech in|
- Only GATE qualified candidates are eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme in Mechanical and Computer Science & Engineering departments.
- Entrance test will be conducted for non-GATE candidates by the respective departments followed by interview. For GATE candidates, only interview will be conducted.
- The schedule of written test and interview will be notified separately on the institute website.
- The candidates are advised to visit the institute website regularly.
For Full-time Non-Sponsored Scholars :
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science / Humanities / Management or equivalent in a relevant discipline with 60 % marks in aggregate for general category.
- The candidate must have a valid GATE score or must have been admitted to the M. Tech Programme with a valid GATE score. For admission to Ph.D. Programmes in Science / Humanities / Management the candidates must have a NET ( JRF ) ( UGC / CSIR ) valid from the current year in relevant areas.
- Provided that the condition for GATE / NET ( JRF ) will not be applicable to Full-time Non-Sponsored without scholarship category of candidates.
- The candidates who have completed all the requirements ( passed all theory exams, submitted thesis etc ) of M.E / M.Tech / M.Sc / M.A degree but their result is not declared, may be given provisional admission with an undertaking at the time of admission. The admission will be subject to submission of provisional / final degree of M.E / M.Tech / M.Sc / M.A before last date, failing which the admission will be cancelled.
For Full-time Sponsored Scholars :
Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science / Humanities or equivalent in relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate for general category. These candidates must have served with the sponsoring organization for a minimum period of 2 years on full-time basis. The sponsoring organization needs to provide an undertaking as per Note 5 of the NOTES given later.
For Part-Time Scholars :
Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s degree in Science / Humanities or equivalent in relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate for general category. These candidates must have continued to serve the present organization for a minimum period of 2 years. The candidate must provide a No-Objection Certificate from the employer as per NOTES given later.
PEC Chandigarh Admission Selection Procedure 2016 :
- PEC Chandigarh admission to the Ph.D. Programmes is made on the basis of Written Test and Interview. Exemption from the Written Test will be given to those who have qualified NET ( JRF ) or GATE test score.
- The Entrance Test will have objective type questions based on specialization. 30 – 50 nos. of questions will be asked in one hour. The qualifying marks for the exam will be 40%. There will not be negative markings.
PEC Chandigarh Admission Application Form 2016 :
- Online Submission of application for Registration on http://pec.ac.in/~pecac/new/admission/ Please read the general instructions carefully before starting the registration process.
- PEC Chandigarh admission application can be Downloaded from PEC University of Technology Website : www.pec.ac.in
- Application Fee 1500/- ( Non-Refundable )
- Filled in PEC Chandigarh admission application should reach the following address : Officer In-charge Ph.D. Admissions,
PEC University of Technology,
Sector-12, Chandigarh – 160 012.
Important Dates for PEC Chandigarh Admission 2016 :
|1.||Online Registration||13th June, 2016 to 21st June, 2016|
(09:00 AM to 06:00 PM)
|2.||Last date for receiving hard copy of applications along with Demand Draft and supporting documents||27th June, 2016 till 05:00 PM|
|3.||Dispatch of applications to various Departments||01st July, 2016|
|4.||Publishing of final list of eligible candidates by respective Departments||08th July, 2016|
|5.||Admission test and interview in respective departments||14th July, 2016 and 15th July, 2016|
|6.||Date of result intimation with waiting list||18th July, 016|
|7.||Payment of fees|
( Fee should be in the form of DD in favour of “Director, PEC University of Technology” payable at Chandigarh )
|19th July, 2016 to 20th July, 2016|
|8.||Reporting of new PhD students in the respective departments and selection of tentative topics, guide / supervisors||22nd July, 2016|
|9.||Academic Registration||25th July, 2016 to 26th July, 2016|
Contact Details :
PEC University of Technology
Telephone No. : 0172-2753813, 2753814
Fax No : 0172-2745175
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.pec.ac.in