Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences – PIMS PhD Admission 2016
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences – Deemed University, Loni, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra (India) will conduct All India Ph. D Entrance Test (AIPET-PIMS, 2016) for the admission to Ph. D Degree course in Medical, Dental & Allied Health Sciences faculty for the academic year 2016 – 2017.
PIMS PhD Admission Eligibility Criteria 2016
For admission to the Ph. D. programme in a related subject in the Faculty, applicants fulfilling any of the following criteria shall be treated as eligible :
- Persons having passed Post Graduate Degree (Master Degree) Examination with at least 50% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA) 5% relaxation if required in the percentage of marks will be given to the students of State of Maharashtra belonging to SC / ST / DT / NT / SBC / OBC categories.
- Above-mentioned rules will also be applicable to the foreign candidates who have obtained a Masters Degree from any of the recognized Indian Universities.
- Application for research in inter-disciplinary areas and from applicants belonging to a faculty or subjects other than the faculty or subjects in which the research is proposed to be done and from the international candidates (those who have not obtained the Master’s Degree from Indian Universities) shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude of the researcher for such kind of research. Such proposal shall be examined by the Guide and the Head, Place of Research before giving provisional admission.
- The admission will be confirmed after the Research and Recognition Committee/concerned, approves the topic.
PIMS PhD Entrance Exam Structure 2016
For PIMS PhD Entrance Examination, there would be two papers i.e. Paper-l and Paper-2.
Paper-1 would be General Aptitude Test of 100 marks and Paper-2 would be
Subject-wise/Faculty wise Test of 100 marks.
Paper 1 : General Aptitude Test, which will have 100 marks with multiple choice, logical reasoning, numerical ability, interpretation of data, comprehension and Language Aptitude.
Paper 2 : Subject Specific Test: This paper will be of 100 marks. Paper-2
Examination will be conducted by the Ph. D Cell of the University.
- 20 marks will be allocated for 20 objectives – multiple-choice questions covering relevant subject in the faculty.
- 80 marks will be allocated for theoretical descriptive questions (LAQ 3×20=60, Short notes 2×10=20.)
|Sr. No||Paper||Date of Entrance Examination||Timing of the paper|
|1||Paper – I||22nd August, 2016||09.30 am – 12.30 pm|
|2||Paper – II||22nd August, 2016||02.00 pm – 05.00 pm|
Standard of Passing :
- Candidate has to appear for Paper – I & II. He/she has to pass separately in Paper I & II. The passing percentage is 50% in Paper I & II separately. (45% of passing for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / DT / NT / SBC / OBC categories).
- The list of candidates declared successful in Paper-l & Paper-2 will be declared by the Ph. D cell of the University and a copy of the same will be published on university website.
- Subject-wise syllabus will be uploaded shortly.
PIMS PhD Admission Application Form 2016
- The application form will be available in the accounts office of the PMT/PIMS and also available on the university website www.pravara.com.
- Candidate should enclose following documents along with the hard copy of application form
- Cash Receipt if examination fees paid by cash and if paid by D. D. the Demand draft of examination fees of 2000/- should be drawn in the name of ‘Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences’ payable at ‘Loni – 413 736’ ( For state bank of India code will be 6322, if Central Bank of India code will be 3278.
- Attested Xerox copy of Mark list of Master’s Degree,
- Attested Xerox copy of the Caste Certificate in case of Reserved Categories (if applicable).
- Attested Xerox copy of the Medical Certificate issued by civil surgeon in case of persons with Disabilities (P. H.) candidates (if applicable).
- No request for changes in the information provided in the application form will be entertained.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected without assigning any reason and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The AIPET- PIMS-2016 examination will be conducted in English language for all faculties.
- Candidate should fill-up the application form and must send the Application form along with above-mentioned documents by post (prefer speed post) or personally (by hand) on or before 30th July, 2016 to the following address.
Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences ( Deemed University ),
Loni – 413 736, Tal Rahata, Dist.
- Application Form fees : 500/-
- Ph. D Entrance Test fees : 2000/-
Payment of Entrance Fees : The student will have to pay the fees either in Cash, accepted at the cash counter of PMT Account or by Demand Draft in favour of ‘ PRAVARA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, Loni’ drawn on any one bank as indicated below.
|Drawn on Bank||Branch Code||Payable at|
|State Bank of India Loni Branch||6322||Loni-413736 Tal : Rahata Dist : Ahmednagar (MS)|
|Central Bank of India Pravara Medical Trust Loni Branch||3278||Loni-413736 Tal : Rahata Dist : Ahmednagar (MS)|
Important Dates for PIMS PhD Admission 2016
- Commencement of sale of PIMS PhD application : 15th July, 2016
- Last date of submission of hard copy of application : 30th July, 2016
- Date of Ph.D Entrance Test : 22nd August, 2016
- Display of result on University website : 12th September, 2016
Loni – 413 736, Tal Rahata,
Phone No. : + 912422273600 / 273486,
Fax : + 912422273413,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.pravara.com.