PRIST University Admission 2013
Trichy – Thanjavur Road,
Thanjavur – 613 403,
Website : www.prist.ac.in.
PRIST University, Thanjavur invites application for admission to the following academic courses 2013 :
Engineering and Technology :
- BTech : Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- MTech : Applied Electronics, Biotechnology, Computer Science and Engineering, Structural Engineering, Communication Systems, Power Electronics and Drives, Manufacturing Technology, Environmental Engineering, Embedded System Engineering, Power Systems, Transportation Engineering
Arts and Science :
- B.A – English
- BSc – Optometry, Medical Lab Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology, Visual Communication, Mathematics
- BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications
- M.A – English
- MSc – Computer Science, Mathematics
- MCA ( Regular and Lateral Entry )
Management Studies :
- B.Com – Bachelor of Commerce
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.B.A ( Honors )
- M.B.A – General / Honors / Hospital Management / Insurance / Retail Management
- M.Com – Master of Commerce
- BEd – Bachelor of Education
- MEd – Master of Education
- MPhil – Master of Philosophy
- PhD – Doctor of Philosophy
PRIST University Admission Eligibility 2013 :
|Transcription of print text||Words / sentences||Children copy sentences / passages from the text book / black board, etc.,||Copy down the passage
Finds hidden words in word grids
Write two other rhyming words for each word.
|Recall spelling||Words ( high frequency words, phonetic words and content words )||Teacher presents a variety of writing exercises such as jumbled letters, sentences, fill ups and dictation to develop spelling skills.||Fill in the blanks with correct word : Monkeys climb______. ( stere/ reest/ trees )|
|Creative writing||Writing rhyming sentences, Writing on a topic, Drawing and writing, Making a list||Teacher presents a simple rhyme with missing sentences. |
Children draw, colour and write
|Write two sentences that rhyme using the given words. ball, wall
Make a list of things that you would like to do this Sunday.
Read and Answer the following questions
Make a question for the following sentences. The
question words are given.
What __________ This is a train.
|Writing sentences / longer passages||Text, creative writing||Teacher writes on the blackboard and the children copy it. |
Children read a passage and answer questions.
Children write a few sentences using their own
|Using punctuations||Text comma, apostrophe and question mark||Teacher helps the children to mark the punctuations correctly in a passage||Punctuate :
she is in delhi
where is my sister
ravi gita and anwar are playing football
|Write using a combination of grammatical forms|
[ Consolidation of functional learning through usage ]
|Functional grammar : Nouns, Verbs, Prepositions, Articles, Adjectives, Comparison of adjectives, Subject - verb agreement Personal pronouns, Possessives, Verb forms, Singular and plural |
[ Learnt and interpreted only as usage ]
|Teacher provides opportunities through written activities for children to write using a combination of grammatical forms.||Fill in the blanks with correct word.
This is my shirt. ____
( It / His ) is red in colour.
Make the sentences bigger choosing from the words given. ( tall, blue, two )
I have bottles.
A boy is running.
My bag is lost.
Copy a news item in your note book.
Form two or three rhyming sentences.
Use punctuations as directed by the teacher.
|Forming Singular and Plural Names.||Irregular nouns ‘ies’, ‘ves’||Teacher guides children with vocabulary games and activities||Match the following :
Knife - Loaves
Story - knives
Loaf - stories
|Using Picture Dictionary||Picture Dictionary||Teacher guides the children in grasping the meaning from the picture dictionary||Know how to refer to picture dictionary as and when needed|
|Months of the year||Months of the year||Teacher uses the calendar for children to learn the months of the year and to know what month they are in. E.g., Today is Friday, September 26th, 2009.||Sing a rhyme- ‘January,February,…’
What is the first month of the year?
What is the last month of the year?
|6. Language Functions|
|Make a Role play ( pair work )||Themes from text, story books, real life situations||Teacher initiates discussion and guides children to play different roles||Take up roles as butterfly, bee, tree, peacock and speak one or two lines about yourself|
|Act in a drama ( Dramatization )||Content from the text / stories||Teacher facilitates in dramatizing the story||Take up roles to enact a short story. Akbar and Birbal|
|Making lists||Shopping list, list of items in the classroom, list of children||Teacher presents topics for lists or uses naturally occurring opportunities to make lists.||Make a list of things you bring to school|
|Making a presentation ( Show |
and tell )
|Things found or created by children.||Children say a few sentences about the work they created or something that they found, how they made it, where they found it etc.,||Make a presentation A scrap book- flowers A fish made with shells.|
|Talking about a theme||Simple / Common / familiar themes||Teacher enables children to talk about a familiar theme||Talk about : My school. My pet cat
Act like a doctor.
Prepare a list of thing you want from your father.
Describe what you made of waste paper / rags / clay / plastic items.
|Note : Grammar is not taught in isolation. It will be integrated in the lessons in a graded manner. A note for teachers on functional grammar with suggested activities will be included wherever relevant in the textbook|
PRIST University Admission Application Form 2013 :
- PRIST University admission application form can be downloaded from university website : www.prist.ac.in.
- Send completed PRIST University admission application DD with appropriate application fee drawn in favour of “PRIST University”, payable at Thanjavur.
- Duly filled PRIST University admission application post by sent to the following address :
Trichy – Thanjavur Road,
Thanjavur – 613 403.
Important Dates for PRIST University Admission 2013 :
- PRIST University admission application Deadlines for All UG courses : 30th June, 2013.
- PRIST University admission application Deadlines for All PG / Mphil programs : 15th July, 2013.