Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology – RGCB PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology – RGCB PhD Admission 2018
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology invites application for admission to Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) Program for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
RGCB PhD Admission 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates with a post – graduate degree in Life / Chemical / Agricultural / Environmental / Veterinary / Pharmaceutical / Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT / DST – INSPIRE / KSCSTE fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination. These fellowships must be valid till October 2018.
- Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark ( CGPA – 7.0 ) for the qualifying degree.
- SC / ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks ( CGPA – 6.0 ) for their qualifying degree.
- A limited number of institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two-years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowships from external agencies so that the PhD program continues uninterrupted.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB for short listing candidates for the selection interview.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hour and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will begin on the same day.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 1st September, 2018. Age limit will be relaxed for SC / ST / Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University and Kerala University of Health Sciences ( KUHS ). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- All selected trainees will undergo the mandatory three – month course work from October 2018 to February 2019.
- Only candidates who pass the course work evaluation will be allowed to register for PhD. A maximum of two attempts only is permitted to pass the course work evaluation. Candidates who are not successful in both attempts will have to exit the PhD program.
- Final allotment to specific laboratories will be decided after mutual acceptance by both mentor and student.
RGCB PhD Admission Application Form 2018
RGCB PhD Admission application form is available in the official website www.rgcb.res.in
- Applications along with prescribed fees ( as a demand draft of ₹ 1000/- ) must be submitted to the following address :
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology,
Kerala State, India.
- SC / ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees.
- Last date for receiving completed applications is 1st September, 2018.
- Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected.
- Applications ( scanned copies / pdf along with a photocopy of the processing fee DD ) can also be submitted through Email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets and the demand draft ( if not already submitted ).
RGCB PhD Selection Procedure 2018
- The current advertisement will indicate all available vacancies at the particular time point with each faculty within each of the disciplines, allowing the applicants to choose the disciplines as per their interest. However, indication of the total number of vacancies will in no way imply that all seats will be filled during the same Ph.D. admission session. Eligible candidates will be called for a selection interview at RGCB. Short – listing for possible admission will depend on their academic achievements and actual performance at the interview. No TA or DA will be provided for attending the selection interview.
- All applicants will first be interviewed by a selection committee consisting of panel of experts. Following this interview, successful candidates will be allowed to visit all laboratories that have vacancies, interact with faculties and students and then decide on three domains of their choice. The candidates will then be personally interviewed by the faculties of their choice and a final selection will be made.
- The selection committee makes an evaluation of the candidates appearing for the interview based on the following criteria. The distribution of maximum marks for each criterion is given in brackets.
- Knowledge in Subjects of Specialization ( 40 )
- General knowledge, awareness, analytical skill , logical and creative thinking ( 30 )
- Research Methodology and Instrumentation ( 20 )
- Presentation and Communication skills ( 10 )
- Names of the candidates short listed for further selection procedures, based on their performance at the selection interview, will be displayed on the RGCB notice boards after completing the interview of all candidates.
- The selection committee, subject to available vacancies and institutional commitments may prepare a second “wait list” of candidates. These would be candidates scoring marks between 60 and 69 at the selection interview. Such candidates may be called for further selection procedures within 45 days after first round of admission against vacancies that arise as a consequence of some candidates not joining or leaving.
- The final selection of a candidate short-listed after selection interview as a Ph.D. student will be decided only after the mandatory interaction of the candidates with the faculty members.
- The Ph.D. Program of RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University and Kerala University for Health and Allied Sciences ( KUHAS ) for the award of PhD degrees. The mentor and/or the doctoral committee will decide which University the PhD student is to be registered with.
RGCB PhD Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for receipt of applications at RGCB||1st September, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|2||Written examination at RGCB||16th September, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|3||Exam results announced at 2.30 pm and the names of candidates shortlisted for selection interview posted on notice boards and website||16th September, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|4||Selection interviews||16th September, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|5||Selection Interviews||17th September, 2018 ( Monday )|
|6||Announcement of the Final List of candidates selected as RGCB PhD trainees||19th September, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
|7||Selected PhD trainees report to Office of Academic Affairs, RGCB||3rd October, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
|8||Mandatory Course Work Begins||3rd October, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology ( RGCB ),
Thycaud Post, Poojappura,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 014,
Telephone No. : + 91- 471-2529400 | 2348104 | 2348753,
Fax No. : + 91 – 471 – 2348096,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.rgcb.res.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.