Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing – RAKCON Admission 2019
RAKCON Admission 2019
Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing invites application from Candidates for the admission of following programs for the academic year 2019
RACKON Courses Offered 2019
- Bachelor of Science ( Nursing )
- Master of Science ( Nursing )
RAKCON Admission Eligibility 2019
B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing
- Candidate seeking admission to First Year B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing course must have passed the Examination as listed below
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination / Indian School Certificate Examination ( 12 years Course ) and / or examination recognised as equivalent with 50% or more marks in the aggregate of 4 subjects including English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology provided the student has passed in each subject separately.
- Minimum age requirement is 17 years by 1st October, 2019. The Vice-Chancellor may, however, on the basis of individual merit relax the age up to a maximum period of one year
- Only women candidates are eligible for the course.
A candidate seeking admission to Master of Nursing Course must have passed B.Sc. Nursing.
- B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing ( 12 +4 years ) of the University of Delhi or B. Sc. Examination in Nursing ( 12 +4 Years ) of a recognised university or an examination recognised as equivalent there to with 55% marks in the aggregate. AND
- One year experience in Nursing in an approved hospital / educational institution or public health agency.
- A candidate seeking admission to Master of Nursing Course must have passed B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing examination ( 11 +4 years ) of the University of Delhi or B.Sc. Examination In Nursing ( 11 +4 ) years of a recognised as equivalent thereto with 55% marks in the aggregate. AND
- Two years of experience in Nursing in an approved hospital / educational institution or public health agency ( OR )
- A candidate passed post Basic B. Sc. from recognised centres ( from INC ) of IGNOU University will be only eligible for this course.
Criteria for an approved Hospital / Educational Institution or Public Health Agency are
- The work experience must have been in nursing, that is patient care / client care / family care / community care / teaching in Nursing Training Programs such as B.Sc. Nursing, G.N.M., M.P.H.W., A.N.M., Midwifery, PH.N or H.S. ( Health Supervisor ).
- The experience should be in a teaching hospital or a hospital with minimum 100 beds and having facilities for providing experience in different Clinical Areas or Community Health or Nursing Education Institutions recognised by Indian Nursing Council.
- Teaching hospital refers to. a hospital having School / College of Nursing offering B.Sc. Nursing / G.N.M. / M.P.H.W. / P.HW. / Midwifery / P.H.N. or H.S. ( Health Supervisor ) recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Community Health Agencies include M.C.H. Centre / P.H.C. / R.H.C. / C.H.C. or Taluk Headquarter Hospital.
RACKON Admission Exam Pattern 2019
B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing
- Selection test will be held on June, 2019 in New Delhi as per the venue indicated in the Admission Ticket. The selection test will be of two hours and thirty minutes ( 2½hours ) duration and shall contain objective type ( multiple choices ) questions. The test will be based on Senior Secondary School Certificate ( 10 +2 ) Curriculum of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and shall also include, some questions on English Comprehension and general knowledge in health.
- Selection Test will be held on April, 2019 at 10.00 A.M. at the centre mentioned in the admission ticket. The test will be of two hours and thirty minutes ( 2% hrs ) duration and shall contain objective type questions . The test will be based on B.Sc. Nursing Syllabus prescribed by I.N.C.All Candidates are required to report one hour before the commencement of the test.
- Areas to be included in the selection test are Nursing foundation , Applied nutrition , Preventive medicine and epidemiology , Psychology, Sociology, Medical-surgical nursing, Obstetrics and gynaecological nursing, Child Health ( Paediatric ) nursing, Mental health ( Psychiatry ) nursing, Community health nursing and Basic concepts of education, administration, research and statistics.
RACKON Admission Application Form 2019
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing admission application form will be available at website www.rakcon.com.
RAKCON Admission Selection Process 2019
B.Sc. ( Hons ) Nursing
- The selection of the candidates for admission to B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing Course will be made on the merit of Selection Test. All candidates, irrespective of reserved or non-reserved category, have to appear for the Selection Test except foreign nationals.
The selection of candidates for admission to M.Sc. Nursing course will be made in the following manner.
Category – 1
- 50% of the seats in the course will be filled in by the candidates who have passed B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Nursing Examination of University of Delhi. The criteria for the merit would be weightage of 50% of the selection test and 50% of the qualifying examination .
- SC / ST candidates who belong to category-1, reserved category status ( SC / ST / OBC ), one can avail only one benefit either selection under category-1 or from reserved category ( SC / ST / OBC ).
Category – 2
- The remaining 50% of seats will be offered to candidates on the basis of the performance in the selection test and last qualifying examination. The criteria for the merit would be weightage of 50% of the selection test and 50% of the qualifying examination.
Weightage for Sponsored Candidates ( Non-Reserved Candidates ) for placement in the merit list based on Selection Test
- Weightage of 5 marks will be given to the candidates who are in the employment of State Government or College of Nursing / Schools of Nursing and whose names are sponsored by their employer. However only one candidate ( non-reserved ) per each State / Union Territory from among the sponsored candidates of that State / Union territory will be eligible for weightage of 5 marks who secures highest in the selection test. The candidate must produce the sponsorship letter. The original application though proper channel must reach May 2019 . Sponsored candidate receiving 5 marks if selected should submit a relieving letter confirming sponsorship at the time of admission .
- As per the Supreme Court ruling, candidates belonging to the reserved categories and who have been found eligible for admission in the genera l merit list, will be admitted against seats in the general category. The seats for the reserved category will then be filled up from the remaining candidates in the reserved categories
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories will complete for reserved seats among themselves . A final selection list will be prepared for these categories on the basis of their performance in the selection test.
RAKCON Admission Important Dates 2019
|S.No||Events||B.Sc Nursing||M.Sc Nursing|
|1||The starting date of the Application Form||1st Week of March, 2019||19th February, 2019|
|2||Last date for submission of application||3rd Week of April, 2019||23rd March, 2019|
|3||Issuing the admit card||1st Week of June, 2019||April, 2019|
|4||RAKCON Nursing Exam Date 2019||2nd Week of June, 2019||29th April, 2019|
|5||Declaration of the result||End of June, 2019||May, 2019|
|6||Counselling will start from||July, 2019||May, 2019|
Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing
Lajpat Nagar IV, Near Moolchand Metro Station,
New Delhi – 110024.
Telephone No : 26436788, 2643 5397
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.rakcon.com.