Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences – SHIATS AdmissionAdmission Notification »
SHIATS Admission 2019
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences invites admission application for eligible candidates UG & PG Programme to the academic courses 2019
SHIATS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Candidate should have completed 10, +2 passed with at least 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for SC / ST / differently abled candidates as per their qualifying examination are eligible for admission to undergraduate programmes. The candidates appearing in 10, +2 examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply provisionally for admission and appear in the entrance test, but they will have to submit documentary proof of successfully completing the examination at the time of counseling. Non submission of documentary evidence of completion of the examination and attaining eligibility by the time of counseling will disqualify him /her for admission.
- Candidates having obtained their bachelor’s degree in the final examination in the concerned field under 10, +2, +4 or 10, +2, +3 as per their qualifying examination are eligible for admission to PG programmes.
- BPE with 50% marks or bachelors degree with physical education as an elective subject with 45% marks and participation in national / all- India inter university / inter university competition
Note: There will be a separate entrance test for B.P.Ed.
- B.Ed. with atleast 55% marks.
Note: The eligibility for B.Ed., B.P.Ed., and M.Ed Programme shall be as per the latest NCTE Norms
- Regular master degree in relevant subject with at least 55% marks ( or 6.00 CGPA / OGPA ) for general candidate and 50% marks ( or 5.5 CGPA / OGPA ) for SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates.
Note:For Ph.D. programmes online application form will be available in June 2018 ( I Session ) and December 2018 ( II Session ). Entrance Test for Ph.D. programmes will be held in July 2018 and January 2019.
SHIATS Admission Seats 2019
- There is 50% of reservation of seats for candidates of the Christian community and the remaining 50% seats are available for general category candidates strictly by merit.
- For the programmes in fields of agriculture, agricultural engineering and allied sciences, 15% of the seats will be filled through the all India Entrance test conducted by ICAR and the rest of the 85% of the seats by the Entrance Test conducted by SHIATS.
SHIATS Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- UG 1: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Home science
- UG 2: Agriculture, Arts Subjects and Commerce
UG – 1
- The test paper will consist of a total of 160 questions to be completed in a duration of two years. The compulsory section will have 40 questions of general aptitude. The Optional section consists of questions from Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Home Science and Chemistry, each carrying 40 questions. Candidates are required attempt any three Subjects as per their qualifying examination and subject group code filled in the admission form, from among the Optional subjects.
UG – 2
- The test paper will consist of a total of 160 questions to be completed in a duration of two years. The compulsory section will have 40 questions of general aptitude. The Optional section consists of questions from Agriculture, Arts Subjects and Commerce, each carrying 120 questions. Candidates are required attempt any one Subject as per their qualifying examination and subject group code filled in the admission form, from among the Optional subjects.
SHIATS Admission Application Form 2019
- The candidates can also choose to apply through On-line Application Form available on the University website : shuats.edu.in
- You can obtain the Application Form and Prospectus either online from the University website, or manually from the University. If you are getting it in person, it will be available for ₹ 400/- which can be paid in cash. If you are accessing the Application Form online, its cost will be included in the Application fee.
Manual Submission of Application Form
- You must fill the Application Form with the required personal and educational details. You must also affix a recent passport size photograph in the space provided.
- Pay the Application fee of ₹ 1000/- through a Demand Draft in favour of SHIATS, payable at Allahabad or a university cash receipt of the aforesaid amount.
- The duly signed Application Form along with the Demand Draft or cash receipt must be submitted at the following address:
SHIATS, PO. Agricultural Institute,
Allahabad, UP – 211007
Online Submission of Application Form
- Step 1: You should go to the University website and click on “Online Application Form”
- Step 2: You must then fill the Application Form with the required personal and educational details.
- Step 3: Submit the Application Form by clicking on the Submit button. After you submit the form, you will get the Online Application Form with the Query Number and Query Code. This is the Confirmation that your Form has been successfully submitted.
- Step 4: You should then upload a passport size photograph of not more than 40kb in size.
- Step 5: You must then take a print out of the Application Form.
- Step 6: Pay the Application fee of ₹ 1400/- in either of the following ways:
- Demand Draft in favour of SHIATS, payable at Allahabad
- Challan: PNB or Axis Bank Challan
- Online SBI Collect
- Step 7: You should then affix a photograph on the printed Application Form. Mention your query number, Name and Contact Number on the back of the Payment Details and send them to the following address:
SHIATS, PO. Agricultural Institute,
Allahabad, UP – 211007
SHIATS Allahabad Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- The selection for the Undergraduate courses will be based on an Entrance Test conducted by the University. There shall be two sets of test papers – UG 1 and UG 2 of which candidates must choose one depending on their qualifying subjects:
SHIATS Allahabad Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||last date for submission of application||01st December, 2018 - 25th May, 2019|
Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture Technology & Sciences,
Post. Agriculture Institute,
Allahabad – 211 007,
Uttar Pradsh, India,
Phone No. : 0532 – 2684607,
Fax : 09621317282,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : shuats.edu.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.