Sambalpur University PhD Admission 2016
Jyoti Vihar – 768 019,
Telephone & Fax No. : ( 0663 ) 2430776,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.suniv.ac.in.
Sambalpur University, Orissa applications are invited online from the intending candidates for PhD program and Entrance test under various faculties for the session 2016.
The subjects offered for the current session along with the present vacancy position is given below :
- Anthropology (12), Biotechnology ( 07 ), Botany (02), Chemistry (22), Commerce (01), Computer Science (04), Economics (10), Education ( 27 ), Electronics (03), English (01), Environmental Engineering (03), Environmental Science (01), History (02), Law (1), Life Science (07), Management (15), Mathematics (02), Microbiology (01), Odia (15), Physics (05), Political Science (05), Remote Sensing & GIS (02), Sociology ( 03 ), Statistics (01)
Sambalpur University PhD Admission 2016 Eligibility
A candidate, who has obtained Master’s Degree in any discipline of Sambalpur University or any other University / Institute recognized by this University or such Degree as may be considered equivalent for this purpose by this University with at least 55% ( or equivalent grade ), shall be eligible for admission into the Ph.D. Program. However, candidates belonging to SC / ST category shall be given a relaxation of 5% marks at Master’s Degree level. In Service candidates have to submit a no-objection certificate from their employers, failing which their application will be rejected.
The PhD examination ( objective type ) will be held on 22nd November, 2015 ( Sunday ) at Sambalpur University campus, Jyoti Vihar.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from appearing at the Written Test.
- Candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (NET), GATE and such examination conducted by ICAR, ICMR and other National Bodies.
However, candidates qualifying in UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE (All Subjects) / INSPIRE / RGNF or any other similar fellowship at all India level for Ph.D. programme shall be admitted directly on application in plain paper with requisite processing fee at any time of the year specifying the research interest & area and from among them those not exempted from course work shall take course work in the subsequent year.
- Teachers who have a minimum of five years of continuous teaching experience in the +3 Degree Colleges/P.G. Level at the University.
- Those who have a minimum of five years of continuous professional experience relating to subject concerned in a managerial cadre / scientist not below a rank of College Teacher.
- Candidates having M. Phil./M.Tech. Degree of Sambalpur University or from other University/Institute recognized by this University provided that their admission in M. Phil./M. Tech. programme has been through an entrance examination.
- Candidate who has successfully passed the 1st semester course of M.Phil. programme under revised UGC regulation 2009 with a minimum of 6.5 OGPA or 60% in aggregate.
Candidates, not exempted, have to appear at the written test on 22nd November, 2015 (11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.) (SUNDAY) and must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the test, to be eligible for appearing at the Viva-Voce test at the Nodal centre for the subject (5% relaxation in case oi SC/ST).
Exemption from Course Work
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from Pre-Ph.D. course work.
- Candidates who have passed M. Phil./M.Tech. dgree in the subject of Ph.D. programme from this University or from other University/Institute recognized by this University and the admission at the M.Phil./M.Tech. Programme has been through an entrance examination and they have undertaken course work.
- A candidate who has successfully passed the 1st semester course of M.Phil. Programme in the same subject under revised UGC regulation 2009 with a minimum of 6.5 OGPA or 60% in aggregate from this University or from other University/Institute recognized by this University.
Sambalpur University PhD Admission 2016 Application Form
Sambalpur University PhD Online application facility will be made available in the University website www.suniv.ac.in beginning 20th October, 2015.
The candidate should deposit 1500/- as entrance / processing fee through State Bank collect.
Sambalpur University PhD 2016 Selection Procedure
The final selection of all qualified candidates shall be based on career ( 80% ) and Viva Voce ( 20% ) which will be conducted by the respective Nodal Centres on a pre – notified date. All such selected candidates shall be eligible to enroll in Ph.D. Course Work equivalent to 1st Semester of M.Phil. in the Nodal Centre. A candidate securing a minimum of 6.5 Grade Point in the Course Work shall be eligible for Ph.D. registration under Sambalpur University.
Important Dates for Sambalpur University PhD Admission 2016
- Commencement of Sambalpur University PhD Online Registration : 20th October, 2015.
- Last date of Sambalpur University PhD Online Registration : 5th November, 2015.
- Last date of submission of hard copy of the application along with other documents : 10th November, 2015.
- Download of Sambalpur University PhD Admit Card from the University website : 17th November, 2015.
- Day of Sambalpur University PhD Entrance Test : 22nd November, 2015.
- Download of Call Letter ( for both eligibility & exempted category ) for Viva – Voce at Nodal Centre : 10th December, 2015.