SASTRA University AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Important : SASTRA University B.Tech admission is based on JEE ( Main )
SASTRA University Admission 2019
SASTRA University BTech Admission 2019
SASTRA University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to BTech program for the academic year 2019
SASTRA University Admission Eligibility 2019
Sastra University B.Tech admission 2019 follows the below – mentioned parameters of eligibility on the basis of which candidates will be taken into consideration :
- Qualifying exam marks and subjects
- Age limit
- JEE Main scores
The detailed information of the above mentioned steps have been given below :
Candidates need to be citizens of India to be able to participate in Sastra University B.Tech 2019 admission.
Qualifying exam marks and subjects
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized State or Central Board or any other accepted by Sastra.
- Candidates must have passed the examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following as the third subject – Chemistry / Bio ‐ Technology / Computer Science / Biology.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry / Bio ‐ Technology / Computer Science / Biology in aggregate in a single sitting.
- In case of vocational subjects, the eligibility will be based on the theory subjects opted.
Candidates must have completed 19 years of age as on 1st July, 2019 to be eligible for B.Tech 2019 admission to Sastra University.
JEE Main scores
For 70% seats in Sastra University B.Tech admission 2019, candidates must have qualified JEE Main 2019 entrance examination with valid scores. However, candidates will have to produce their JEE Main scores as a proof of their eligibility.
SASTRA University Admission Application Form 2019
- Sastra University B.Tech admission application form is available in the official website www.sastra.edu
- Candidates can know the complete procedure to fill the application form of Sastra University B.Tech 2019 by following the simple steps mentioned below
Step 1 – Registration
- Candidates will have to register themselves by providing the following information :
- Date of birth
- Age ( as on 1st July,2019 )
- Email address
- Confirm email address
- Mobile number
- Campus applying for
- Course applying for
Step 2 – Login
- After registration, candidates will get a login ID and password, which they have to use to login.
- Candidates will now have to provide their personal and academic details like
- 10+2 exam scores
- School passed out from
- JEE Main scores
Step 3 – Payment
- Candidates will have to make a necessary payment of the prescribed amount here to be able to move to the next step. The payment for the Sastra University B.Tech 2019 application form can be made through net banking, debit or credit card.
Step 4 – Uploading of documents
- Candidates will be required to upload their recent passport size colour photograph and signature in the specified format.
Step 5 – Submission
- Candidates must check all the details they have provided carefully and then click on “Submit” button. After successfully submitting the application form, candidates are advised to take a print out of the same for future reference.
B.Tech Application Fee
- The prescribed application fee of ₹ 600/- has to be made by candidates mandatorily with the Sastra University B.Tech application form.
- The downloaded application fee has to be sent to the university office by post with a DD of ₹ 650/- favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur. DD must be sent to the following address :
Office of Admissions,
Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
- Payment of application fee in offline mode can be done in person by visiting the office and paying ₹ 600/- through cash.
SASTRA University Selection Procedure 2019
- Under stream 1, 70% seats will be filled and for that candidates JEE Main 2019 scores and 10+2 or equivalent examination normalized scores will be taken into consideration.
- Under stream 2, remaining 30% seats will be filled and for that candidates’ normalized scores of 10+2 or any equivalent examination will be considered.
SASTRA University Important Dates 2019
|1||Application form availability||March, 2019|
|2||Application form deadline||June, 2019|
|3||Rank list publication||June, 2019 ( 9:00 PM )|
|4||Counselling procedure||June, 2019|
|5||Commencement of classes||First week of July 2019|
SASTRA University BFA / MFA Admission
SASTRA University invites application from eligible candidates for admission to the following Bharatanatyam programs
- BFA – Bachelor of Fine Arts Bharatanatyam
- MFA – Master of Fine Arts Bharatanatyam
- BFA ( Bharatanatyam ) – 4 Years ( 80 contact hours per year )
- MFA ( Bharatanatyam ) – 2 Years ( 80 contact hours per year )
In any case the course will have to be completed within a maximum period of five years after the entry into the course.
Medium of instruction for both BFA &
SASTRA University Admission Eligibility
- BFA : +2, Diploma in Dance of any recognized institution including Nrithyodaya
- MFA : Any Bachelor Degree from a recognized University) with a fundamental knowledge of Bharatanatyam
SASTRA University Admission Application Form
- SASTRA University application form along with prospectus can be obtained in person from the office of Admissions, SASTRA campus ( Thanjavur & Kumbakonam ) on payment of ₹ 300/- or by post on payment of ₹ 360/- by Demand draft favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur.
- SASTRA University Admission application form can also be downloaded from SASTRA University website : www.sastra.edu.
- One time Admission Fee ₹ 1000/- to be paid during the time of admission.
- The candidates have to submit the filled in application form along with the programme fee in the form of Demand Draft in favour of SASTRA UNIVERSITY payable at Thanjavur addressed to :
The Directorate of Distance Education,
Thanjavur – 613 401,
SASTRA University Admission Important Dates
- Last date for submission of SASTRA University Admission application forms : January
Thanjavur – 613 401,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Telephone No. : + 91 4362 264101 to 108,
Fax No. : + 91 4362 264120,
Website : www.sastra.edu
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.