Scottish Church College Kolkata Admission 2016
Scottish Church College, Kolkata invites application for admission to BA / BSc / BBA programs 2016.
- Bachelor of Arts ( Honours ) – English / Bengali / Sanskrit / Philosophy / History / Political Science
- Bachelor of Science ( Honours ) – Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Computer Science / Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration ( Honours )
- B Com – Bachelor of Commerce
Scottish Church College Admission 2016 Eligibility
B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com / BBA Honours courses :
Category – General Merit :
|Sl.No||Honours Subject||Stream / Comments||Minimum eligibility to apply||Index Mark|
|1||English||60% Aggregate & 65% in English||20% of aggregate (%) + 80% of Marks in English (%)|
|2||Bengali||50% Aggregate & 50% in Bengali||Aggregate + % Marks in Bengali|
|3||Sanskrit||Candidates may report for Direct Admission also after applying online and paying the application fees.||50% Aggregate & 50% in Sanskrit [ 60% Aggregate & 60% in Sanskrit for Direct Admission ]||Aggregate + % Marks in Sanskrit|
|4||Philosophy||Candidates may report for Direct Admission also after applying online and paying the application fees.||50% Aggregate & 50% in Philosophy/Psychology||Aggregate + % Marks in Philosophy / Psychology|
|5||History||Arts stream with History||55% Aggregate + 55% in History + 55% in English/Bengali||30% of aggregate + 70% Marks in History|
|Arts stream without History||55% Aggregate + 60% in English / Bengali||30% of aggregate + 70% in English / Bengali (whichever is higher)|
|Science stream||60% Aggregate + 60% in English / Bengali||30% of aggregate + 70% in English/Bengali (whichever is higher)|
|Commerce Stream||60% Aggregate + 60% in English / Bengali||30% of aggregate + 70% in English/Bengali (whichever is higher)|
|6||Political Science||Arts stream with Pol. Sc.||60% aggregate + 60% in Pol. Sci + 60% in English/Bengali||Aggregate % + % Marks inPol Sci + % in English/Bengali (whichever is higher)|
|Arts stream without Pol. Sc.||60% aggregate + 60% in English / Bengali||Aggregate % + 2 x % Marks in English/Bengali (whichever is higher)|
|Science stream / Commerce Stream||65% aggregate + 70% in English / Bengali||Aggregate % + 2 x % Marks in English/Bengali (whichever is higher)|
|7||Economics||With Economics||60% Aggregate & 50% in English & 60% in Maths & 60% in Eco||40 % of Aggregate + 60% of % marks in Mathematics (incl. Economics in best of 4 subjects)|
|Without Economics||60% Aggregate & 50% in English & 60% in Maths||40 % of Aggregate + 60% of % marks in Mathematics|
|Aggregate = ( Eng + Maths + 2 other best ) or ( Eng + Maths + Eco + other best ) Those with Business Mathematics of ISC are also eligible to apply as per CU norms|
|8||Mathematics||65% aggregate + 70% in Mathematics||2 X marks in Maths + Mark in Physics + Marks in English|
|9||Computer Science||60% Aggregate + 60% in Maths + 60 % in Comp. Science / Information Sc otherwise Physics )||Aggregate % + % Marks in Maths + % Marks in Comp. Science / information sc otherwise Physics|
|10||Physics – Through Admission Test*||*Only for the General Merit category||60% in aggregate + 85% in Physics & Mathematics taken together||70% Marks in Admission Test + 30% Marks in Physics & Mathematics taken together|
|11||Chemistry||65% marks in aggregate & 60% marks in Chemistry||2 x % Marks in Chemistry + % Marks in Physics + % Marks in Maths|
|12||Botany||Pass in Chemistry ( Theory & Practical separately ) with 55% aggregate & 60% in Biology||Aggregate + % Marks in Biology|
|13||Zoology||Pass in Chemistry ( Theory & Practical separately ) with 60% in aggregate & 60% in Biology||Aggregate + % Marks in Biology|
|14||Microbiology||60% aggregate + Pass in Maths ( 40% ), Chemistry ( 60% ) & Biology ( 60% )||Aggregate % + % Marks in Biology + % Marks in Chemistry|
|15||B.Com.||Commerce Stream ( Mathematics / BSTD / CSTX / CLPA / Econ )||55% in aggregate ( Best of FOUR ), 55% in Accountancy & 40% in Maths / BSTD / CSTX / CLPA / Econ||60% of aggregate + 20% of Accountancy + 20% of Maths / BSTD / CSTX / CLPA / Econ|
|Science Stream||60% in aggregate ( Best of FOUR ) and 60% in Maths||60% of aggregate + 40% of Mathematics|
|Economics / Statistics / Mathematics Stream||60% in aggregate ( Best of FOUR ), 60% in Mathematics & 40% in Economics||60% of aggregate + 20% of Mathematics + 20% of Economics|
|16||BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
• Entrance Test, followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview
|55% aggregate ( excluding ENVS & Education ) + 50% in English in any stream in WBCHSE / ISC / CBSE / equivalent recognised by University of Calcutta,; 50% for SC / ST candidates||40% of Aggregate + 40% Entrance Test + 20% GD & PI|
Category – Reservation Category ( SC / ST / PH / Christian ) :
- SC / ST – Minimum 40% marks in aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subject at the qualifying examination. 55% marks in the subject or related subject in the qualifying examination. ( Or )
- PH / Christian : A minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject in the qualifying examination. ( Or ) 50% marks in aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his / her qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
BBA ( Honours ) :
- + 2 or equivalent in any stream.
- Must have passes in 100 marks English paper in the qualifying examination.
- General Merit, PH & Christian Candidates : 55% aggregate in WBCHSE / ISC / CBSE / equivalent recognised by University of Calcutta. ( Excluding ENVS & Education ).
- SC / ST Candidates : the minimum percentage of marks is 50% aggregate.
- Admission Procedure : Admission is through Entrance Test, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Scottish Church College Admission 2016 Application Form
- Applications are to be submitted On – line only. No printed forms will be available from anywhere.
- Application Fee 200/- + Bank charges can be remitted at any branch of Axis Bank in India using the downloaded Bank – slip.
- The college admits students strictly in accordance with merit-lists prepared as per University / College norms.
Important Dates for Scottish Church College Admission 2016
|1||Last date for Submission of Online Application Forms for all courses.||7th June, 2016 at 2.00 PM.|
|2||Last date of submission of Application Fee Through Online ( credit card / debit card / internet banking ) mode||7th June, 2016 by 2.00 PM|
|3||Last Date of submission of Application Fee through offline bank challan in Indian Bank branch||8th June, 2016 by 2.00 PM|
|4||Date of Publication of full list of applicants for all subjects||14th June, 2016 by 5.00 PM|
|5||Date of Publication of Merit List for all subjects ( except BBA )||15th June, 2016 by 5.00 PM|
Admission Test for Admission to Physics Honours ( General category Candidates only ) will be held on 11th June, 2016. The exact schedule will be notified shortly.
Contact details :
Scottish Church College,
1 & 3 Urquhart Square,
Kolkata – 700 006
Telephone No : 033-2350-3862 .
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.scottishchurch.ac.in
Scottish Church College, Kolkata invites application for admission to B Ed programs 2016
Scottish Church College B Ed Duration of the Course
The B.Ed. programme shall be of duration of two Academic Years as per NCTE Regulations 2014
Basic Unit : 50 students
Scottish Church B Ed Specialization : English, Bengali, History, Geography, Philosophy, Physical Science and Life Science
Selection of School Subject : The candidate must select only ONE School Subject studied either at the Graduation and / or Post Graduation level.
Scottish Church College B Ed Admission 2016 Eligibility
Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences / Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. Requirement of 50% ( fifty ) marks shall not apply for persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, ( Regulations, Norms & Procedure ).
Age Limit :
- For fresher students ( General Category ) – 40 years ( as on 30th June )
- For Deputed Students ( General Category ) – NO age bar.
- The relaxation of marks for SC / ST / PWD is 5%.
Note : B.Ed. Programme in the Department of Teacher Education is restricted to women students only
Scottish Church College B Ed Admission 2016 Reservation of Seats
1. Being a Christian Minority Institution, the College reserves 30% seats for Christian minority applicants satisfying the minimum requirements prescribed by NCTE and the Calcutta University. Among Christian Applicants, preference is given to CNI / CSI / Mar Thoma candidates.
2. Reservation of Seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Person with Disability ( PWD ) will be as follows:
- Scheduled Caste 22%
- Scheduled Tribe 6%
- PWD 3%
Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe from other states will not get the reservation facility for SC / ST.
3. 50% Seats are to be reserved for untrained deputed teachers of class IX – XII.
4. The ratio for Home University students and Other University students shall be 80:20 Reservation of seats for B.Ed admission (only for fresher category)
- Calcutta University – 80%
- Other University ( OU ) – 20%
- Online submission of forms to start on 12th and to end on 18th June.
- Admission of the deputed candidates is offered on the basis of the number of years teaching experience, subject to verification.
- All non-deputed candidates are to appear at the Admission Test ( 1 hour ) and Interview.
- Admission of the non-deputed candidates is offered on the basis of the Score and performance in the Admission Test and Interview.
- Send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
- Online Application form to send to tha official website : www.scottishchurch.ac.in / www.caluniv.ac.in B.Ed New Regulations of University of Calcutta.
Scottish Church College B Ed Admission 2016 Important Dates
|01 March, 2016||10.30 A.M.||Tuesday||001 ||ENGLISH ELECTIVE|
|101 ||ENGLISH ELECTIVE-C|
|301 ||ENGLISH CORE|
|03 March, 2016||10.30 A.M||Thursday||054 ||BUSINESS STUDIES|
|199 ||BAHASA MELAYU|
|624 ||ELECT APPLIANCES|
|654 ||B THERAPY & HAIR DES|
|745 ||BEAUTY & HAIR|
|778 ||PRINTED TEXTILE|
|789||OP & MAINT. OF COMM DEV|
|05 March, 2016 ||10.30 A.M.||Saturday||042||PHYSICS|
|070 ||HERITAGE CRAFTS|
|605 ||SECT PRAC & ACCNTG|
|619 ||CASH MGMT & H-KEEP|
|632||AC & REFRGTN - III|
|655 ||COSMETIC CHEMISTRY|
|663 ||FUND OF NURSING II|
|684 ||TEXTILE SCIENCE|
|699||I T SYSTEM|
|731 ||CHILD HEALTH NURSG|
Contact Details :
Scottish Church College,
1&3 Urquhart Square
Kolkata – 700006
Website : www.scottishchurch.ac.in