Sher – e – Kashmir University of Agricultural Science & Technology – SKUAST Jammu AdmissionAdmission Notification »
SKUAST Admission 2019
Sher – e – Kashmir University of Agricultural Science & Technology invites applications from candidates for admission to the following Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs for the academic year 2019
SKUAST Courses offered 2019
- B.Sc ( Hons ) Agriculture
- B.Tech. Biotechnology
- B.V.Sc & AH
- M.Sc. Agriculture and Allied Sciences
- M.Tech. ( Agricultural Engineering )
- M.Sc. Basic Sciences
SKUAST Eligibility 2019
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Part II ( 12th or 10+2 ) or an equivalent examination from recognized board / examining body with PCB / PCM / PCBM/Agriculture (with Science subjects ), besides English and having 50% marks in aggregate for open / NRI / NRI-sponsored category, and 40% for reserved categories for admission to B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Agriculture ( P,C,B and M are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, respectively )
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Part II ( 12th or 10+2 ) or an equivalent examination from recognized board / examining body with PCB / PCBM subjects, besides English and having 50% marks in aggregate for open / NRI / NRI-sponsored category and 40% for reserved categories for admission to B.V.Sc.& A. H.(P, C, B and M are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, respectively )
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Part II (12th or 10+2) or an equivalent examination from recognized board/examining body with PCB / PCBM subjects, besides English and having 50% marks in aggregate for admission to B.Tech.( Biotechnology) against Self Financing Seats.
- Candidates must be 17 years old on or before December, 2019.
- Candidates who have appeared in Higher Secondary Part II ( 12th or 10+2 ) are also eligible to apply provided they produce their Higher Secondary Part II ( 12th or 10+2 ) mark sheet issued by competent examining body at the time of counselling and fulfil all the above prescribed requirements to be eligible for admission.
- Note : The NRI candidates shall submit copy of their qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 qualification certificate / marks sheet duly verified and certified by Indian Embassy / High Commission in the country of their residence, stating that such examination is equivalent to university prescribed qualifying examination of Indian Boards / Universities.
- Candidates not below 19 years of age, as on December, 2019, are eligible to appear in the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree examination securing Grade point average ( OGPA ) at least :
General category :
- Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Veterinary streams : 6.00 / 10.00 on ten point scale, 3.00 / 4.00 on four point scale. In other cases where grade points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks.
- Basic sciences stream : 5.50 / 10.00 on ten point scale / or at least 55% marks, where grade point is not awarded.
Reserved Categories :
- 5.50 / 10.00 on ten point scale / or at least 55% marks where grade point is not awarded.
- Candidate must have passed or due to appear at the final examination and likely to get awarded the degree on or before the counselling date as mentioned in this brochure.
SKUAST Exam Pattern 2019
- The test shall comprise of one paper of three hours duration. It will be split into different section covering different subjects. The course contents as well as the level of the paper shall be that of the qualifying examination. The paper will contain 180 multiple choice objective type questions. Each question will carry one mark. For correct one answer 1 mark will be given and for incorrect answer ¼ mark will be deducted.The subjects for the SKUAST-J Common Entrance Test-2019, shall be :
- Physics – 60 (compulsory for all courses )
- Chemistry – 60 (compulsory for all courses )
- Biology/or Mathematics*/or Agriculture* – 60 ( students have to appear in any of the three subjects as the case may be
- *Mathematics/or Agriculture can only be taken by the candidates appearing for admission to B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Agriculture.
- There will be six major subject groups as given in the table below. Candidate shall have to appear in one major subject group & code
- Basic Sciences – 01
- Agricultural Sciences – 02
- Statistics – 03
- Forestry – 04
- Sericulture – 05
- Veterinary Sciences – 06
- Agricultural Engineering – 07
- The examination shall have one question paper each for concerned major subject group.
- The questions will consist of 150 multiple choice objective type questions, each with four options.
- In each major subject group, 150 multiple choice, objective type questions would be serially numbered from 1-150 and will carry one mark each.
- Candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer Sheet by darkening the corresponding circle / bubble against the serial number of the question with black / blue ink ball-point pen.
- For correct answer 1 mark will be given and for incorrect answer -¼ mark will be deducted.
SKUAST Application form 2019
- SKUAST Application form details will be available at the official website : www.skuast.org
- latest coloured photograph of passport size required to be uploaded must not have been taken before March 2019 with a placard-indicating name of candidate ( as in application form) and date of taking photograph.
- The name of the candidate and date of taking of the photograph must be clear and legible in the photograph.
- Candidates have to log on to www.skuast.org to apply on line, and click the link SKUAST-J Common Entrance Test ( CET ) – 2019.
- The candidates must, in their own interest, download the Information Brochure and understand eligibility criteria and other requirements before filling the Application Form.
- Application Form will be accepted Online ONLY through University website www.skuast.org from 10.00 am of May,2019 to 5.00 pm of June,2019. However, duly filled application forms along with late fee of ₹ 1000/= will be accepted from 10 AM of June 2019 to 5 PM of June, 2019.
- The name should be filled in BLOCK LETTERS and should be the same as given in the certificate of the last examination passed.
- Before applying online, candidate must ensure that he / she has scanned image of his photograph, signature and thumb-impression in JPEG / JPG format saved on the computer; uploading all of these is MANDATORY. Candidate should also have his / her payment mode details handy.
- Open the first link, and fill in Part-I of the on-line application form ( personal details ).
- While filling up the application form, the candidates shall prefer to write his own contact No( s ), email Id for receiving updates from time to time.
- After submission of personal details at Part-I, candidate will be directed to second link and fill-in the Part II of application form ( academic details ).
- After submitting Part-II, programme will automatically take candidate to Part III for uploading of Photograph, signature and thumb impression. Upload images of photograph, signature, and thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Once successfully done, candidate will be shown his / her complete details as recorded at part-IV of the form. Candidate is required to thoroughly check all the details.
- At the bottom of the page candidate will have the options of printing application form. Take a print out for candidate’s record.
- Candidate can make online payment through any Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
- Take print out of confirmation page( s ) of online application format and preserve it for future reference.
- Admission form incomplete in any respect shall be rejected.
- Seeking admission on the basis of false identity, misrepresentation by submitting false certificates / documents or suppression of any material fact is unlawful and will result in cancellation of admission at any point of time when discovered.
- The applicant can check the status of his / her fee online www.skuast.org one week after depositing the fee.
- In case the status remains unpaid even after one week, candidate can approach Examination Cell, SKUAST Jammu with the copy of their Confirmation page of online payment
- For any assistance please call 09419226376 / 01912262154. Before candidate call please make sure that candidate have read all the conditions properly and have gone through the Information Brochure in totality. All the topics / issues covered in the Information Brochure/instructions herewith will not be replied.
SKUAST Admit Card 2019
- Only for those candidates who fulfil the prescribed requirements for the programme, to which they have applied, will be issued the photo Admit Cards depicting roll no, name of Centre of Examination, date and timing of the test. The Admit Card can be downloaded from the University web site www.skuast.org.
- If Admit Card is not downloaded two days before the date of the Entrance Test, the candidate may contact the office of the Examination Cell, SKUAST Jammu, Chatha, with a photograph same as uploaded on e-form for obtaining Duplicate Admit Card.
- No Admit Card, in any case will be issued on the day of the Entrance Test.
SKUAST Selection process 2019
- The selection and allotment of UG stream will be purely based on the rank secured in the SKUAST-J Common Entrance Test as per choice / preference indicated in the counselling form.
- The selection and allotment of PG stream will be purely based on the rank secured in the SKUAST-J Common Entrance Test and option made at the time of counselling.
- There will be a separate merit list for each category as listed in the Information Brochure.
- All the selections made by the University to undergraduate / postgraduate programmes shall be provisional till final verification of eligibility of the candidates by the University.
- The University shall have the power to review and reframe the provisional selection list in case of any bonafide error, lapse, mistake, fraud, misrepresentation or inadvertently crept injustice that might have occurred and comes to the notice of the university before completion of the selection process or after the selection / admission process. Mere figuring in the selection list does not confer any right to admission of the candidate to a university programme if he/she is otherwise not found to be eligible on detection of an error/ mistake / fraud / misrepresentation / impersonation at any stage during the degree programme.
- The recommendation of the candidates by the selection committee for admission in the university in all the categories shall be subject to production of all the relevant certificates in original at the time of counselling.
SKUAST Results 2019
- No intimation, whatsoever about non-selection will be sent individually and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. The result shall, however, be made available in the office of the Registrar, SKUAST-Jammu. The result will also be posted at the University website, www.skuast.org
- Candidates, whose result of the qualifying examination is not declared by the time of counselling, will not be considered for admission.
- Selection of the candidates in all the categories shall be subject to production and verification of all the relevant certificates in original at the time of counselling.
SKUAST Counselling 2019
- The candidates must come for counselling along with all documents in original, a set of attested copies of all documents, admit card issued by SKUAST-J and a counselling fee of ₹ 1000/= ( nonrefundable ).
- Candidate must mark his / her attendance by putting his / her full signature at the time of counselling.
- The candidates called for counselling must produce one set of original and one set of attested copies
- following certificates along with duly filled in option form.
- Permanent resident certificate
- Date of birth certificate ( Matriculation certificate )
- Marks certificate of qualifying examination
- Category certificate, if applicable
- Qualified candidates, as per merit, shall be called for counselling on a specified date and time for consideration of admission to various Undergraduate and Master’s programme. The counselling will continue till the last seat in each programme is filled-up. Merit list will be uploaded on the university website www.skuast.org.
- The candidates are advised to see regularly the website of the University for counselling dates. No separate letter will be sent to the candidates. Counselling schedule will be notified in the newspapers.
- Counselling shall start at 10.30 am sharp. The candidates shall be called for counselling and preliminary verification of certificates as per the rank obtained in CET. The cut off rank, category wise for each counselling shall be notified separately and placed on University website from time to time till last counselling. The candidate is required to record his / her presence for counselling by signing on the designated register at the counselling hall.
- The aspirants shall be called for the counselling with descending rank one after the other and if a candidate called for counselling does not present him or her-self before the committee his or her claim for any seat shall get forfeited. In case the candidate reports after his name is called for counselling but within stipulated time on the day of counselling the seat offered to that candidate shall be out of the unallocated seat available at the point of time when he / she reports before committee.
- A candidate reporting for counselling after 5.00 pm of the stipulated date shall not be allowed to mark their presence and shall not be entertained for counselling in any case. Accordingly candidates are advised to be meet the deadline of cut off time on the day of counselling ( s ) The candidates who are called for counselling must pay online counselling fee of ₹ 1000/- before appearing on the scheduled date of counselling. The details for depositing online counselling fee shall be available on the university website www.skuast.org
SKUAST Important Dates 2019
|1.||Commencement of submission of online application forms||May, 2019|
|2.||Last date for submission of online application forms||June, 2019|
|3.||Last date for submission of online application|
forms with late fee
|4.||Date of Common Entrance Test ( CET ) for UG & PG||June, 2019|
|5.||Start of Counselling ( B.Sc. ( Hons. ) Agri / B.V.Sc.&A.H. /|
|6.||Postgraduate Programmes||July, 2019|
Sher – e – Kashmir University of Agricultural Science & Technology,
Chatha, Jammu – 180 009,
Jammu & Kashmir, India.,
Telephone No. : 0191 226 2133,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.skuast.org
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.