Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology – SMIT Chennai AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology SMIT Chennai Admission 2019
Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology invites application form eligible candidates for admission to the UG, PG and PhD programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
SMIT Chennai Admission Courses Offered 2019
UG Programs :
- BE ( Bachelor of Engineering )
PG Programs :
- ME ( Master of Engineering )
- MBA ( Master of Business Administration )
- MCA ( Master of Computer Application )
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Applied Electronics
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Aided Design
- Embedded System Technologies
- Engineering Design
- Power System
SMIT Chennai Admission Eligibility 2019
PG Courses Eligibility
- Higher Secondary Examination of ( 10 + 2 ) Curriculum ( Academic Stream ) prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Any examination of any other University or authority accepted by the syndicate of Anna University as equivalent thereto.
- Higher Secondary Examination of Vocational Stream ( Vocational groups in Engineering / Technology ) as prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu or any other authority accepted by the syndicate of the University as equivalent there to.
- The candidates who possess the Diploma in Engineering / Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, are eligible for admission to the third semester of the B.E. / B. Tech, Degree Programs in affiliated colleges through lateral entry system.
- The eligibility criteria such as marks, number of attempts and physical fitness and the mode of admission shall be as prescribed by the Syndicate of the University from time to time.
- The candidate shall not have completed 21 years of age as on first of July of the year of application. For candidates belonging to SC / ST the age limit is relaxable upwards by 3 years.Number of appearances, minimum marks and other criteria for admissions to B.E / B.Tech courses are as per AICTE and State government norms as follows.
UG Courses Eligibility
- MBA : Should be a Graduate from any recognised University.
- MCA : Pass in any recognized Bachelor degree course of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- M.E : Bachelor Degree of a recognized university and as regualted by the Anna University of Technology and selection of the candidate is based on the performance in the entrance test conducated by the appropriated authorities.
SMIT Chennai Admission Application Form 2019
SMIT Chennai admission application form is available in the official website www.smit.edu.in
- The application process for TNEA counselling will begin on 27th June, 2019 onwards. The candidates are required to pay counselling fee in offline mode through demand draft or in cash before allotment of seats. The cost of counselling fee is [rupee] 5000/- for general candidates and [rupee] 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates.
- The application process for TANCET is carried out in online mode and candidates are required to register their details. General candidates had to pay [rupee] 500/- ( [rupee] 250/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates). The payment can be made via credit card / debit card / net banking.
- LEA ( Lateral Entry ) application forms are invited in online mode only. The cost of application form is [rupee] 300/- to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favor of “The Secretary Direct Second Year B.E. Admission 2018, ACCET, Karaikudi,” payable at Karaikudi. After submission of online form, the printout of the application form, relevant enclosure along with DD must be sent by post or dropped at the given postal address :
Direct Second Year B.E Degree Admissions – 2018,
Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology,
Karaikudi – 630 004
Certificates to be produced At the time of admission of UG Courses
- Certificate of Social Status ( Community Certificate ).
- Xll or Intermediate or Pre – degree or diploma mark list / Degree Certificate.
- Transfer certificate from the Institution last attended.
- X mark list original and 3 photocopies.
- Xll mark list Original and photocopies.
- Conduct certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Medical fitness Certificate
- Joint declaration by candidate and parent / guardian in the prescribed form.
- Proficiency in sports / Games / Extra – curricular activities
- Photos: Passport size 5 and stamp size 1 for ( Identity card )
Lateral Entry ( Direct admission to 2nd year BE / B.TECH Degree course )
- Provisional certificate ( Diploma 3 years )
- 1st year mark list / III / IV / V / VI Semester Mark list
- Diploma Certificate
Certificates to be produced At the time of admission of PG Courses
- Degree Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- All Mark sheets
- Recognition Certificate from the Anna University ( for graduates from other Universities only )
- Community Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Photos: Pass port size 5 and stamp size 1 for ( Identity Card )
SMIT Chennai Selection Procedure 2019
- TNEA counselling or merit based
B.E Lateral Entry
Merit of qualifying examination and counselling conducted by Department of Technical Education, Tamil Nadu
M.E, MBA and MCA
Merit of Graduation and TANCET scores
Written test and interview
SMIT Chennai Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||BE Registration Start Date||3rd May, 2019|
|2||BE Registration End Date||30th May, 2019|
|3||BE Verification at TFCs||June, 2019|
|4||BE Choice Filling||July, 2019|
|5||ME Registration Start Date||2nd April, 2019|
|6||ME Entrance Exam Date||19th May, 2019|
|7||MBA Registration Start Date||2nd April, 2019|
|8||MBA Entrance Exam Date||19th May, 2019|
|9||MCA Registration Start Date||2nd April, 2019|
|10||MCA Entrance Exam Date||20th May, 2019|
|11||The application process for TNEA counselling will begin on||27th June, 2019|
Sri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology,
Chikkarayapuram ( Near Mangadu ),
Chennai – 600 069,
Tamil Nadu, India,
Phone No. : 044 – 66110200, 66110203, 661102047,
Fax : 044 – 66110205,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.smit.edu.in.