Symbiosis International University – SIU Pune PhD AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Symbiosis International University – SIU Pune PhD Admission 2018
Symbiosis International University ( SIU ) offers research programmes leading to the award of the degree of Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) in all its Faculties namely
- Computer Studies
- Media, Communication and Design
- Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
SIU PhD Admission Eligibility 2018
A candidate seeking admission to Symbiosis International University PhD program must satisfy any one of the following eligibility requirements
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions
- Candidates who have successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), shall be eligible to take admission to the Ph. D. Degree. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / differently-abled categories.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any subject with 55% marks plus minimum of five years of work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research in which admission is being sought. Interdisciplinary research involves two or more academic, scientific, or artistic disciplines. The candidate must show evidence of his / her relevant experience in interdisciplinary area of research.
Note : International candidates ( NRIs, Foreign Nationals and PIOs who have obtained Master’s degree from foreign universities ) are required to qualify IELTS with 6.5 score or IELA Test ( Band 3 ) of SIU ELTIS, an equivalent test for English language proficiency.
SIU Pune PhD Test Pattern 2018
All questions are Multiple Choice Questions. Each correct answer carries 1 mark. No Negative marking system adopted
- For the disciplines of Law and Management, only one subject specific test would be given.
- For other Faculties, sub streams have been listed for which subject specific tests will be held.
- The syllabi of the sub streams along with the sample questions have also been given.
- Please check the main webpage on Ph.D. admissions for knowing the sub streams and syllabi.
SIU Pune PhD Admission 2018 Application Form
- SIU Pune PhD application form can be filled through online in the Symbiosis International University website www.siu.edu.in.
|General||₹ 2000/- *|
|SC / ST||₹ 1500/- *|
|Differently Abled||₹ 1500/- *|
|Exempted General||₹ 1000/- *|
|Exempted SC/ST||₹ 500/- *|
|Exempted Differently Abled||₹500/- *|
* Non Refundable
1. Credit / Debit / Cash Cards / Internet Banking Payment Through Bill Desk Payment Gateway:
Candidate may pay their SCRI application fee using any one of the available modes to SCRI Ph.D. Programmes
2. Demand Draft
Demand Draft drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favor of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
Write their SCRI ID and your name behind the DD. Choose the mode of payment as DD under the “Make Payment” Tab and click “Submit”. Take a print of the payment advice form, sign and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat at,
Symbiosis International University
Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
“Please note that only courier services provided by BLUE DART, DTDC, or Speed Post are available for the above mentioned address”
The STS will authenticate the payment details and will send you an email confirming receipt of payment for PhD Entrance Test 2018 ( PET 2018 ).
candidate will be able to view your admit card for PET 2018 after payment authentication has been done by the Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
Symbiosis PhD Admit Card 2018
Admit Card should be printed from the SIU website at www.siu.edu.in only. This will be operative as of 13th June, 2018. Ensure the following.
- Print the Admit Card online. Candidates shall preserve the authenticated Admit Card till the Admission process is over. If the Admit Card is lost, no duplicate Admit Card will be issued.
- Bring the Admit Card to the Test Centre in addition to a photo-identity card. An acceptable photo identity card is any one of the following:
- Driving license
- School / Institute identity card
- Credit card with photograph
- Voters ID
- Aadhaar Card / PAN Card
- At the time of the written test, it is mandatory to produce the photo identity card as described here. Symbiosis Authorised Personnel will verify and authenticate your Admit Card against the photo-id.
- Please preserve this Authenticated Admit Card for future correspondence.
- Written test timing is between 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Candidates Exempted from the Entrance Test need to download and preserve the Admit Card for for future correspondence including appearing for Personal Interview (PI).
Important Dates for SIU Pune PhD Admission 2018
|Particulars||Date||Day||Time||Website / Location|
|Advertisement Release||29th April, 2018||Sunday||----||Times of India|
|Online Registration opens||22nd April, 2018||Sunday||08:00 A.M.||www.siu.edu.in|
|Online Registration closes||08th June, 2018||Friday||12 midnight||---|
|Payment Closes on||08th June, 2018||Friday||12 midnight||---|
|Last date of submission of Demand Draft||08th June, 2018 to 11th June, 2018||Friday & Monday||5.00 P.M.||----|
|Admit Card Download starts||13th June, 2018||Wednesday||12 noon||www.siu.edu.in|
|Written test ( PET )||24th June, 2018||Sunday||11 A.M. to 1 P.M||---|
|Result / Shortlist for Personal Interaction||03rd July, 2018||Tuesday||5:00 P.M.||www.siu.edu.in|
|Personal Interaction||16th July, 2018 to 23rd July, 2018 ( Except on Sunday )||Monday to Monday||11.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.||SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, LAVALE, PUNE- 412115|
|Meeting of RRCs||30th July, 2018 to 04th August, 2018||Monday to Saturday||10.30 A.M. to 4.30 P.M.||SCRI SIU|
|Final Result||07th August, 2018||Tuesday||5.00 P.M.||www.siu.edu.in|
|Payment of Fees with consent letter||20th July, 2018||Monday||5.00 P.M.||SCRI SIU|
|Waitlist Result||22nd August, 2018||Wednesday||5:00 PM||www.siu.edu.in|
|Waitlist Payment Closed||29th August, 2018||Wednesday||5:00 P.M.||SCRI SIU|
|Final Admission List Declaration||30th August, 2018||Thursday||5:00 P.M.||www.siu.edu.in|
|Induction program for Ph.D. 2018||11th September, 2018 to 12th September, 2018||Tuesday to Wednesday||11:00 A.M. Onwards…||SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, LAVALE, PUNE- 412115|
Symbiosis International University,
Symbiosis Centre for Research and Innovation ( SCRI ),
Gram : Lavale, Tal:Mulshi,
Phone : 09552596286,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.siu.edu.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.