Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy – TNMA AdmissionAdmission Notification »
Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy ( TNMA )
( An Autonomous Body Under the Governmen of Tamil Nadu ).
Approved by Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India.
Tamil Nadu Adi Dravidar Housing & Development Corporation ( TAHDCO ),
TNHB Shopping Complex,
Thirumangalam, Chennai – 600 101.
Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy invites application for admission to Pre – Sea Training Course for General Purpose Ratings, which qualifies candidates to serve as a Rating onboard merchant navy ships ( Indian and Foreign Ships ).
Eligibility for Tamilnadu Maritime Academy Admission 2011 :
- Unmarried Male and must have passed in 10th standard / S.S.L.C. or equivalent examination from Recognized Board with Science, Mathematics and English as subjects, with aggregate of 40% marks and scored minimum of 40% marks in English either in 10th or 12th Standard or in the Degree / Diploma Course conducted by the Recognized Board.
- Final selection will be subject to pass in Written Test and Interview conducted by TNMA and Sight Test and Medical Examination conducted by D.G. Shipping approved Doctors.
Age Limit for TN Maritime Academy Admission 2011 : Must have completed 17 ½ years and should be below 25 Years as on 1 July, 2011.
Pre Sea Training Course Duration : 6 months ( 25 weeks ).
Number of Seats Available : 40 for SC / ST / SC converted to Christianity belonging to Tamil Nadu only.
Annual Income Limit for Candidates : Should not exceed 2.00 Lakhs.
TNMA Pre Sea Training Course Fee : Entire course fee will be borne by Tamil Nadu Adidravidar Housing and Development Corporation Ltd ( TAHDCO ), Chennai.
Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy Application Form 2011 :
- Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy Prospectus and Application Form can be obtained from the Director of the Academy at the address given below by sending a written request with a non – refundable crossed Demand Draft for 300/- drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy” payable at Tuticorin.
- Candidates must be in possession of Passport, Birth Certificate, Nativity Certificate, Income Certificate and Community Certificate from Tahsildar otherwise TNMA Application will be liable for rejection.
The successful completion of this course does not guarantee onboard training which is mandatory for employment.
Important Dates for Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy Admission 2011 :
- TN Maritime Academy Application will be issued from : 13 June, 2011 10.00 hours to 27 June, 2011 16.00 hours.
- Last date for receipt of completed TNMA Application : 27 June, 2011 ( 17.00 hours ).
- Date of Commencement of TNMA Pre Sea Training Course : 1 July, 2011.
Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy Contact Address :
Tamil Nadu Maritime Academy,
333, South Beach Road,
Thoothukudi – 628 001,
Phone No. : 0461 – 2320075, 2320076, 2320078,
Telefax : 0461 – 2320075,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : http://www.tn.gov.in/tnma & www.tnmaritime.com.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.