Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Science University – TANUVAS Admission 2017
TANUVAS has six constituent colleges as below
1. Madras Veterinary College ( Chennai )
2. Veterinary College and Research Institute ( Namakkal )
3. Veterinary College and Research Institute ( Orathanadu, Thanjavur )
4. Veterinary College and Research Institute ( Tirunelveli )
5. College of Food and Dairy Technology ( Koduvalli, Chennai ) and
6. College of Poultry Production and Management ( Hosur ).
Under Graduate Degree Programmes Offered
|S.No.||Degree Programmes||No. of Seats||Duration||Campus|
|1.||BVSc & AH||320*||120||5 Years||Madras Veterinary College Chennai – 600 007|
|80||Veterinary College & Research Institute Namakkal – 637 002|
|60||** Veterinary College & Research Institute Tirunelveli – 627 358|
|60||** Veterinary College & Research Institute Orathanadu (Thanjavur) – 614 625|
|2.||BTech (Food Technology)||20||4 years||College of Food and Dairy Technology Koduvalli, Chennai – 600 052|
|3.||BTech (Poultry Technology)||20||4 years||College of Poultry Production & Management Hosur – 635 110|
|4.||BTech (Dairy Technology)||20||4 years||College of Food and Dairy Technology Koduvalli, Chennai – 600 052|
Candidates satisfying the eligibility conditions given below as on the last date of submission of online application are eligible to apply. Passing the qualifying examination after the last date of submission of online application will not be considered.
- Candidates should be a Native of Tamil Nadu State.
- Candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu should enclose Nativity Certificate.
B. Qualifying Examinations And Minimum Marks
A pass in the Higher Secondary Course (10+2) / CBSE / any other examination recognized
as equivalent thereto and fulfilling the following requirements are mandatory:
C. Number of Attempts
The maximum number of attempts made in passing the qualifying examination is limited to three for SC / SCA / ST candidates and two for other candidates. The improvement marks in HSC or equivalent examination of any year will not be considered.
Minimum Age : Candidates should have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December, 2017.
Maximum Age : Candidates applying for the degree programmes should not have completed the age mentioned below as on 01-07-2017.
Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Caste – Arunthathiyar (SCA) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) categories are exempted from age limit.
Other candidates the age should be 21 years.
No relaxation of minimum and maximum age limit is permissible on any grounds.
Selection shall be made for different community categories, following the rules of reservation of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The percentages of reservation available for different community categories are as below:
|Community category||% of Reservation|
|Open Competition (OC)||31.0|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.5|
|Backward Class Muslims (BCM)||3.5|
|Most Backward Class (MBC) / Denotified Communities (DNC)||20.0|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15.0|
|Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyars (SCA)||3.0|
|and Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1.0|
TANUVAS Mode of Selection 2017
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks in the qualifying examination as computed below :
*or Zoology and Botany together; **Physics and Chemistry together; ***Theory, Practical I and Practical II together
TANUVAS Application Form 2017
- Candidates may submit online applications at www2.tanuvas.ac.in, www.tanuvas.ac.in on or before 10th June, 2017, 6:00 PM. Candidates applying online need to take the print out of the filled applications and submit the same along with required attested
documents / certificates to reach following address on or before 17th June, 2017, 5:45 PM.
Admission Committee ( UG ),
Madhavaram Milk Colony,
- A Bank Draft in US Dollars for a value equivalent to Indian 1,000/- ( Rupees One thousand only ) drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, TANUVAS, Chennai” from a nationalized bank of India or any other international bank having branches in India should be enclosed along with the application.
- A Specimen copy of Online application form is available on the website for acquainting the candidates with this procedure and for practicing before online submission of application
- Making online payment through Credit / Debit card / Internet Banking / IMPS
- During filling of application form, the candidate has to make online payment of application fee through Credit cards / Debit cards / Internet Banking / IMPS.
Only online application will be accepted. other formats of application will summarily be rejected.
Payment by any other mode will not be accepted.
TANUVAS UG Admission Important Dates
|1||Commencement of online application||20th May, 2017, 10:00 AM|
Commencement of online application20th May, 2016, 10:00 AM
Last date for online registration and Payment of fees
|10th June, 2017, 6:00 PM|
|3||Last date for submission of Print out of online filled application along with necessary enclosures||17th June, 2017, 5:45 PM|
|4||Counselling for BVSc & AH||26th September, 2017|
|5||Counselling for BTech||27th September, 2017|
TANUVAS Contact Address
Tamilnadu Veterinary Animal Sciences University,
Madhavaram Milk Colony,
Chennai – 600 051, Tamil Nadu, India,
Phone No. : +91 – 44 – 25551586 / 87, 25554555 / 56,
Fax No. : +91 – 44 – 25551576 / 85,
Website : www.tanuvas.ac.in / www.tanuvas.tn.nic.in.